2023 draft prospects and college football talk.

ripsean21

53 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

That’s a very good video. Wish Carter had played more snaps (and been in mid-season form), but I love seeing these one-on-one cut-ups between highly regarded prospects to get a sense of how they compare. 

Carter is an animal, but that was a really impressive look from O’Cyrus Torrence. We know he has the size (and hope he has the related strength), but his footwork in terms of both quickness and balance was pretty nice there. It’s no good to just get to those reach blocks, you have to be on balance and able to maintain leverage when you get to your spot. He really impressed with that on the film there. 

I’ll have to watch more now, to see if I think he’s a guard I’d consider around pick 20. I would really love to add an elite RG back to the mix — I think that would actually help to address two positions, because Cosmi was much better with Scherff next to him than he’s been with this revolving door of ragamuffins this season. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, e16bball said:

That’s a very good video. Wish Carter had played more snaps (and been in mid-season form), but I love seeing these one-on-one cut-ups between highly regarded prospects to get a sense of how they compare. 

Carter is an animal, but that was a really impressive look from O’Cyrus Torrence. We know he has the size (and hope he has the related strength), but his footwork in terms of both quickness and balance was pretty nice there. It’s no good to just get to those reach blocks, you have to be on balance and able to maintain leverage when you get to your spot. He really impressed with that on the film there. 

I’ll have to watch more now, to see if I think he’s a guard I’d consider around pick 20. I would really love to add an elite RG back to the mix — I think that would actually help to address two positions, because Cosmi was much better with Scherff next to him than he’s been with this revolving door of ragamuffins this season. 

Torrence rated the top interior lineman. We definitely could use T. Turners replacement. 

On 12/22/2022 at 12:05 PM, e16bball said:

Yeah I’d love to get these offensive trenches shred up by offseason end. We can’t reach but hopefully they identify a few guys that can really give that Inuit a huge boost. I really do like the CB Witherspoon from Illinois and I think he will be a guy we should also do a ton of work on. But I completely agree with your take also enjoyed that video

On 12/22/2022 at 12:05 PM, e16bball said:

It’s a good point that if we take Torrence with our 1st round pick that it also helps Cosmi at RT. Then, with our 3rd round comp pick we can take a center. I hope we can get Roullier to take a pay cut by turning a lot of his base salary into incentives so it lowers his cap hit & he stays as our starting C next year.

Or, we could take Broderick Jones, LT, UGA and have him start at RT or RG while Cosmi starts at the other position. My guess is Jones would be a better OT than Cosmi & can flip to LT when Leno retires. Cosmi can start at RG next year. He looked fine at RG when he has played there some the last few games.

Round 2 I’d look to take one of the corners who are available like DJ Turner from Michigan unless we lose Holcomb in FA & then I’d take a LB in round 2.

With our 3rd round comp pick I’d like to get a center like Sedrick Van Pran from Georgia. 

• WAS
    Broderick Jones
    OT Georgia

• WAS52.
  • Tommy Eichenberg, LB Ohio State
  • WAS
    Olusegun Oluwatimi, OC Michigan 

• WAS
    120. Devon Whitherspoon, CB Illinois 

• WAS
    Kei'Trel Clark
    CB Louisville
    trade icon
  • WAS
    Rakim Jarrett
    WR Maryland

• WAS
    Cameron Mitchell
    CB Northwestern

• WAS
    Deuce Vaughn
    RB Kansas State
    trade icon
Edited by turtle28

25 minutes ago, taylor made said:

A franchise LT and QB seem like priorities 1a and 1b to me in either order. Leno has gotten abused the last 2 games 

I don’t see Rivera moving on from Leno w/o the guy replacing him being a top 10 pick in the draft or a good FA LT we sign & they never come available.

I like the idea of drafting Broderick Jones though to be our starting RT, Cosmi starts at RG & then in a few years Broderick Jones flips to LT when Leno retires.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t see Rivera moving on from Leno w/o the guy being a top 10 pick in the draft or a FA LT we sign & they never come available.

I like the idea of drafting Broderick Jones though to be our starting RT, Cosmi starts at RG & then in a few years Broderick Jones flips to LT when Leno retires.

Getting rid of Leno this year saves $8 million on the cap and we've seen Rivera make fiscal moves like last offseason when it was a 'shock' to get rid of players like Mat Ionaddais. LT is absolutely in play with our #1 pick imo

Edited by taylor made

6 minutes ago, taylor made said:

Getting rid of Leno this year saves $8 million on the cap and we've seen Rivera make fiscal moves like last offseason when it was a 'shock' to get players like Mat Ionaddais. LT is absolutely in play with our #1 pick imo

I think it’s just creating another hole on our team when having someone like Broderick Jones play RT & sliding Cosmi to RG makes the overall OL better, not weaker by creating a massive hole & then making LT a definite need instead of going BPA in round 1 that isn’t a DL or WR.

Leno played well this season until he had to face Thibodeaux & Bosa. And, a lot of the pressures weren’t even on him, some was where they beat TEs or they beat Lucas on the right side. Bosa is elite & Thibodeaux looks like he’s going to be elite. I still can’t believe he fell to the Giants in the draft.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, taylor made said:

A franchise LT and QB seem like priorities 1a and 1b to me in either order. Leno has gotten abused the last 2 games 

I wish there was an elite Tackle in the draft but there isn’t but if there was we would have no shot at getting him due to our draft position. 

1 minute ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I wish there was an elite Tackle in the draft but there isn’t but if there was we would have no shot at getting him due to our draft position. 

Paris Johnson & Broderick Jones might be available for us and they’re going to be good LTs, maybe not elite like top 5 but they’ll be top half of the league LTs I think.

IMO we need:

2 maybe 3 offensive linemen

1 maybe 2 linebackers

1 maybe 2 defensive backs

1 running back possibly to replace JD depending on his neck injury  

Since were not in a position in the draft to select a QB I’m ok going into next season with TH and SH. Possibility of trading out of the 1st rd to have 2 first rd draft picks going into to the 2024 draft. 

I know the most of the forum were not thrilled with Martin H and Martin M. You have to give them credit on having pretty good drafts since they’ve been here.
RR deserves credit for the turnaround of this team but has his short comings as a head coach. Besides our scumbag owner, the first time in a long time since he’s been our HC there’s a sense of respect given to this team. 

RR has laid down the frame work for this organization to move forward and now I believe we need new fresh blood with better new ideas in a better way to take this franchise over the top. 
With this teams makeup We are not that far off to make runs to the playoffs each year. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

IMO we need:

1 maybe 2 linebackers

Since were not in a position in the draft to select a QB I’m ok going into next season with TH and SH. Possibility of trading out of the 1st rd to have 2 first rd draft picks going into to the 2024 draft. 

I know the most of the forum were not thrilled with Martin H and Martin M. You have to give them credit on having pretty good drafts since they’ve been here.
RR deserves credit for the turnaround of this team but has his short comings as a head coach. Besides our scumbag owner, the first time in a long time since he’s been our HC there’s a sense of respect given to this team. 

RR has laid down the frame work for this organization to move forward and now I believe we need new fresh blood with better new ideas in a better way to take this franchise over the top. 
With this teams makeup We are not that far off to make runs to the playoffs each year. 

tv show the path on hulu GIF by HULU

That being said, I don’t see any way that Rivera goes into the season with Heinicke as the starter. Heinicke may be our back up or competing with Howell to be the #2, but if Carson plays well over the last 2 games/playoffs he’ll be kept. If not, Ron will try to sign Jimmy G but, I do think Jimmu G will go to the NYJ as long as the $ is about equal to other teams.

3 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

IMO we need:

1 maybe 2 linebackers

I actually think after Young and Stroud the other Two could be in our range but I’m only mid season into Levi’s and 4 live games into Richardson so far. We could be in range of one of those two.

56 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I actually think after Young and Stroud the other Two could be in our range but I’m only mid season into Levi’s and 4 live games into Richardson so far. We could be in range of one of those two.

I’m not sure why we’d draft either of those two bc we have Howell. Neither of those two even showed as much as Howell in college. They haven’t even shown as much as Hooker, but Hooker will go round 2 or 3 bc of his knee injury & age IMO.

If they do take one of them in round 1, it’s definitely an indictment on what they think of Howell though.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

• WAS
    O'Cyrus Torrence
    OG Florida
    trade icon
  • WAS
    Sedrick Van Pran
    OC Georgia

• WAS
    Jaelyn Duncan
    OT Maryland