2023 draft prospects and college football talk.

ripsean21

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

lol

Rattler is bad!!! And I hate saying a player just isn’t good but he really does have an elite level arm with just what seems like a guy who’s lost every bit of confidence. I think being Lincoln Riley’s first hand picked guy then getting benched for the next 5 star guy shook him. I wish him nothing but the best but it’s legit hard scouting players on his side of the ball. 

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 1

Achane the A&M back is that dude!!! He’s not a feature back but this guy is a serious weapon with speed and complete RB skills with vision patience and cut back ability.

also Van Dyke is a real NFL level player. This makes me happy being a U fan but he’s legit along with Levis. These Miami DB’s are really good. And Leonard Taylor the Miami edge is a beast!!! This is a player we may have to look long and hard at depending on how this DL gets signed and how they decide who stays and goes this guy is a monster. And he wears 56 takes on doubles can rush from inside and play the run. This guy is gonna be a top pick for a team

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Rattler is bad!!! And I hate saying a player just isn’t good but he really does have an elite level arm with just what seems like a guy who’s lost every bit of confidence. I think being Lincoln Riley’s first hand picked guy then getting benched for the next 5 star guy shook him. I wish him nothing but the best but it’s legit hard scouting players on his side of the ball. 

His decision making is awful. Has all the talent but he makes bad decisions & that goes back to his freshman year. I never liked him/believed in him.

2 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Achane the A&M back is that dude!!! He’s not a feature back but this guy is a serious weapon with speed and complete RB skills with vision patience and cut back ability.

also Van Dyke is a real NFL level player. This makes me happy being a U fan but he’s legit along with Levis. These Miami DB’s are really good. And Leonard Taylor the Miami edge is a beast!!! This is a player we may have to look long and hard at depending on how this DL gets signed and how they decide who stays and goes this guy is a monster. And he wears 56 takes on doubles can rush from inside and play the run. This guy is gonna be a top pick for a team

I totally agree. I had mentioned earlier that I was looking forward to watching Max Johnson , and though his numbers weren’t impressive, IMO there’s a lot to work with. A&M Receivers didn’t have much separation which had to do with the Miami DB’s. Max has Size, arm, accuracy. Player that nobody really mentions. I just have a pretty good feeling about him. 

On 9/18/2022 at 12:50 AM, ARTMONK HOF said:

I totally agree. I had mentioned earlier that I was looking forward to watching Max Johnson , and though his numbers weren’t impressive, IMO there’s a lot to work with. A&M Receivers didn’t have much separation which had to do with the Miami DB’s. Max has Size, arm, accuracy. Player that nobody really mentions. I just have a pretty good feeling about him. 

Well his dad was a pretty solid NFL QB in his own right. I wil say watch Van Dyke while he def missed throws I can’t count how many he threw in rythm on time into zones or off WR’s hands that weren’t caught. He and Levis, Young and Stroud are all very impressive for different reasons. There are a few things I’m not seeing from Levis but I tell you I said this last season I think he has a real shot at being the top guy in this class. 

• Like 2

I wonder how we’re going to address the LB situation. From what I see it doesn’t look like a strong draft for linebackers. I really can’t believe that RR is satisfied with what we have now. So frustrating when everyone sees that we need a serious upgrade and RR refusal to fix the situation and all he has is excuses. 

24 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I wonder how we’re going to address the LB situation. From what I see it doesn’t look like a strong draft for linebackers. I really can’t believe that RR is satisfied with what we have now. So frustrating when everyone sees that we need a serious upgrade and RR refusal to fix the situation and all he has is excuses. 

Yeah right now I think it be hard pressed not to focus on OL and CB and you have to do all the work on these QB’s. Nothing would stop me from taking a guy in this class I love if he’s avalible wherever we’re picking. I think the value at LB will be the 2nd and 3rd round guys. LB is just a harder scout these days with how teams are using 3 saftey sets more often along with coverage and run game balance. But this draft is starting to show the strength positions of the class. 

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I would say free agency, but I have no faith in that. Hopefully we draft a mid round guy who’s a run stuffer. We need to have Holcomb & Jamin on the outside on run downs. On 3rd & long/obvious passing situations they can go with the OLBs but Holcomb isn’t a MLB. Not strong enough at the point of attack.