2023 draft prospects and college football talk.

ripsean21

4 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I think we should trade down & try to pick up a 3rd rounder, like we did last yr. Pick somewhere around 20-25th pick.

I wonder if we'll get some compensatory picks this yr? Don't we get anything for Brandon Scherff?

• Round 1, Pick 16 overall
  • Round 2, Pick 47 overall
  • Round 4, Pick 115 overall
  • Round 5, Pick 147 overall
  • Round 6, Pick 179 overall
  • Round 7, Pick 211 overall

Yes, a 3rd round comp. Like pick 98 or something.

55 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Nick is usually dead on. 

Yeah, I mean I haven't checked that out in awhile from him, but I don't ever think he's been off on comp picks. I mean I'm sure it's been done, but I think he's correctly reverse engineered the algorithm for awarding them. So if he says a 3rd and 6th, that's what we're getting boys!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Washington’s 2023 Draft picks

8 Total picks:

• Round 1 (#16)
  • Round 2
  • Round 3 (Traded to Indianapolis for Carson Wentz)
  • Round 3 (Compensatory pick for Brandon Scherff)
  • Round 4
  • Round 5
  • Round 6
  • Round 7
  • Round.7 (Compensatory pick for Tim Settle)

That's not bad. So the Scherff compensatory pick, kind of replaces the 3rd we traded for Wentz. (Although a bit later)

And we'll have either an extra 6th or 7th for losing Settle.

Not counting any trades we make, or trading down in the draft to accumulate more.

I know the Wentz trade was bad, but not near as bad as Denver is looking right now for Wilson.

Denver doesn't have a 1st rounder, till the year 2756

Edited by aceinthehouse
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

That's not bad. So the Scherff compensatory pick, kind of replaces the 3rd we traded for Wentz. (Although a bit later)

And we'll have either an extra 6th or 7th for losing Settle.

Not counting any trades we make, or trading down in the draft to accumulate more.

I know the Wentz trade was bad, but not near as bad as Denver is looking right now for Wilson.

Denver doesn't have a 1st rounder, till the year 2756

Exactly

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

B-Rob made an unbelievable return after his incident but I can’t say that I’m 100% sure of his health going forward. Here’s 4 RB’s that I would like us to look at in the draft. 

Zach Evans/Ole Miss, Israel Abanikanda/Pitt, Kenny McIntosh/Georgia and Roschon Johnson/Texas 

5 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

B-Rob made an unbelievable return after his incident but I can’t say that I’m 100% sure of his health going forward. Here’s 4 RB’s that I would like us to look at in the draft. 

Zach Evans/Ole Miss, Israel Abanikanda/Pitt, Kenny McIntosh/Georgia and Roschon Johnson/Texas 

I’m of the opinion if Skoranski, Jones, Paris Johnson and Mayer are all gone by 16 which is a good possibility you have to consider Bijan Robinson if a trade down doesn’t present itself. Unless they feel Torrance is an elite talent at guard and don’t want to lose out on him. 

6 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I don’t see the point in drafting another mid round RB. We have BRob, Gibson & Patterson flashed once again when he played week 18 (17 carries, 78 yds) vs the Cowboys. I think he’s earned a chance to be our 3rd RB. I’d consider drafting a late round RB to compete with him or preferably just bring in a few UDFA’s to compete for that 3rd RB spot.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, taylor made said:

Because you have to have a long term approach to drafting. Curtis Samuel will most likely be here for one more year in 2023 and then his contract is up. 

I think we have a long term approach. Again, we drafted TEs in back to back drafts in 2021 & 2022 plus we added two guys as UDFAs who flashed in preseason as well.

For me, I’d like to see Cole Turner have more of a role before deciding to draft a TE in round 1 or 2. I remember watching the Chicago game when Logan didn’t play bc of his hamstring I think & coming away with Turner’s two catches.

Yes, if was just two catches but bc of how inaccurate Wentz was, Turner really had to climb the ladder and use all of his 6’6 frame on his 18 yard reception up the seam. If that’s a better ball that hits Turner in stride, it’s like a 25 yard plus completion. It was something that frankly/sadly we haven’t seen much from Logan Thomas since 2020 when Alex Smith was here.

I get everyone what’s to find the IT GUY at TE but for me, I think OL & CB are so much more important to our success on both sides of the ball next year. We don’t fix the OL then it really doesn’t matter who’s plying TE bc our QB isn’t getting to his 2nd or 3rd  read on a play which the TE we have will almost always be that far down on the reads bc we have Terry, Samuel and Dotson plus, I think if he’s in the game, Gibson is a higher priority as a receiver than any TE we’d bring in as well.

So give me Parris Johnson or Broderick Jones in R1 to be our RT & Luke Wypler to be our C or DJ Turner to come in and be our slot corner day 1 w/ Juice & Fuller staying on the outside.

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t see the point in drafting another mid round RB. We have BRob, Gibson & Patterson flashed once again when he played week 18 (17 carries, 78 yds) vs the Cowboys. I think he’s earned a chance to be our 3rd RB. I’d consider drafting a late round RB to compete with him or preferably just bring in a few UDFA’s to compete for that 3rd RB spot.

IMO Gibson isn’t a true RB. Gibson should be doing more than flashing his talents at times. He doesn’t see the lane openings like a typical RB and that’s OK but he’s not a starting RB. They should use him more like Deebo Samuel.  Patterson is purely situational player and has shown some flashes as you put it doesn’t satisfy me as a replacement if needed. 
Especially if this is going to be a run heavy offense. 

21 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

IMO Gibson isn’t a true RB. Gibson should be doing more than flashing his talents at times. He doesn’t see the lane openings like a typical RB and that’s OK but he’s not a starting RB. They should use him more like Deebo Samuel.  Patterson is purely situational player and has shown some flashes as you put it doesn’t satisfy me as a replacement if needed. 
Especially if this is going to be a run heavy offense. 

Well yeah, Gibson isn’t a starting RB. Our starting RB is BRob. That allows Gibson to play a poor man’s Deebo Samuel type role as a RB who gets 10-15 carries a game as a change of pace & gets 5 targets a game as a receiver.

As for Patterson, yes of course he’s a situation player but, he’d be the 3rd RB & a special teams guy mostly. That’s what we’d get out of any 3rd RB. Even if we drafted a mid round RB … again… sigh to be a 3rd down back when we could roll w/ Jarret Patterson or draft a guy in round 6 or 7 like Deuce Vaughn to be that guy for us.

My position on drafting a RB in the mid rounds, is the same as those who want to draft another TE in that we need to be drafting CBs, OL & reserve LBs. Those 3 areas have to be sured up with better depth and maybe even a starter. I just wouldn’t take a RB or TE right now given the depth we already have there.

If we’re talking RBs, I’ve always loved Bijan and I also think Jahmyr Gibbs is terrific. But later in the draft, I’m a fan of Zach Charbonnet (UCLA) and Mohamed Ibrahim (Minnesota). 

I really like Ibrahim. He impresses me in pretty much every facet except for pass-catching. And the reality is, lots of times it’s hard to tell whether that’s an ability thing or a scheme thing. 

3 minutes ago, e16bball said:

If we’re talking RBs, I’ve always loved Bijan and I also think Jahmyr Gibbs is terrific. But later in the draft, I’m a fan of Zach Charbonnet (UCLA) and Mohamed Ibrahim (Minnesota). 

I really like Ibrahim. He impresses me in pretty much every facet except for pass-catching. And the reality is, lots of times it’s hard to tell whether that’s an ability thing or a scheme thing. 

Have you watched any Tyjae Spears...oh man. You need too lol