2023 draft prospects and college football talk.

ripsean21

19 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Counting the compensatory picks were projected to get. (3rd & 6th)

1st

2nd

*3rd*

4th

5th

6th

*6th*

7th

It would be nice to come out with a CB, LBer, TE, QB, OL with those picks.

Trading down to say the mid-20's, would allow us to double-dip at OLine, LBer as well. Which is really needed, imo.

I guess a lot of that will also depend on Free Agent acquisitions, as well.

If we’re not taking a TE in R1 or 2 it’s not worth it IMO & I really don’t want to take one at all. If they are going to cut Logan Thomas - which I’m not sure is true or needs to be done - they can sign a cheaper vet for insurance while Bates continues to develop more as a receiver while Turner, Rogers & Hodges continue to develop more as blockers.

The rest I agree with, but it does matter who’s available at 16 when we pick whether I’d want to trade down or not & I wouldn’t want to trade back into the late 20s, so it’s gotta be a trade down from around 20 to 25 IMO.

This is just me thinking though, is there a player someone wants to take at 16 that we wouldn’t want? I’m not sure. We could use an upgrade at just about everywhere but DL if you’re talking first round talent.

I would rather once again walk away from this draft taking the most talented player we could with our first round pick; leave the maneuvering for more picks or trade ups for certain players - like we did to get Sam Howell - for rounds 2 & later.

Edited by turtle28

4 hours ago, IHatesnyder said:

I really like Richardson from florida . 

He’s terrible. Like legit, the only thing he is at this moment is a massive project. He’s more of a project than Trey Lance was. I think whoever drafts this guy in the first round is going to be cutting him in a couple years. He’s that bad of a QB. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I mean, how many other coaches are basically the teams CEO? He should be there. He's the de facto GM. He wanted the responsibility of building a roster, he needs to be there. 

How many people do you need at the Senior Bowl? Rivera is not a real talent evaluator, that’s Hurney, Mayhew, Grimble & the scouts who work for them.

Those guys do all that work, they evaluate the prospects the most, they put the board together & then they report back to the CEO aka Ron Rivera.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

How many people do you need at the Senior Bowl? Rivera is not a real talent evaluator, that’s Hurney, Mayhew, Grimble & the scouts who work for them.

Those guys do all that work, they evaluate the prospects the most, they put the board together & then they report back to the CEO aka Ron Rivera.

That's fine. If you want the responsibilities of the GM and that was part of your deal to take over as head coach of this team then you need to do the work. If not, then we need a traditional setting with a GM that works independent of the head coach and doesn't have to answer to a guy who's not doing the scouting work. To me, its just a bad look. A coach with 3 winning seasons under his belt holding total roster control and going into a pivotal season with this regime should be doing all he can to fix this thing. Golfing while the Senior Bowl is going on is silly to me. He's outrageously rich. He has the rest of his life to golf. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

That's fine. If you want the responsibilities of the GM and that was part of your deal to take over as head coach of this team then you need to do the work. If not, then we need a traditional setting with a GM that works independent of the head coach and doesn't have to answer to a guy who's not doing the scouting work. To me, its just a bad look. A coach with 3 winning seasons under his belt holding total roster control and going into a pivotal season with this regime should be doing all he can to fix this thing. Golfing while the Senior Bowl is going on is silly to me. He's outrageously rich. He has the rest of his life to golf. 

There’s no doubt we need the traditional setting, but we don’t have that right now. I do think it’s a bad look, I also think it’s being overblown that he’s not there bc the other guys I mentioned do all the talent evaluation work & report to him.

Isn’t he at a pro am? Maybe he’s raising money for cancer or something 

I'm just hoping for a complete reboot with this franchise, quite honestly. (Minus roster, which I absolutely love)

I want a complete Coaching overhaul.

I want a complete name change overhaul.

I want a complete new stadium overhaul.

I mean, think about it? In the last 3-4 years, we've gone from the Redskins, Football Team & now Commanders.

We have a ridiculous Mascot named Major Tuddy. 

Our Head Coach is out golfing, while the Senior Bowl is going on.

And we're about to hopefully, get a new owner.

The ONLY thing I don't want changed? Is our roster, relatively speaking. ( With the exception to the draft & FA moves)

And our Colors of Burgundy & Gold. That's it!

I want the memory of Snyder erased from this organization. A new Brand to begin.

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

This is such a ridiculous thing to nitpick over.  Did he need to attend every bowl game as well?  We have scouts that watch the games and bring information to the decision makers.  We even sent a high level front office person to the senior bowl which is probably more than what half the teams in the league do. 

30 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

This is such a ridiculous thing to nitpick over.  Did he need to attend every bowl game as well?  We have scouts that watch the games and bring information to the decision makers.  We even sent a high level front office person to the senior bowl which is probably more than what half the teams in the league do. 

Ridiculous to you, not me. I've explained my position. Had we had some success and he didn't have full roster control then fine, go golf. We haven't been good and he's the GM. He wanted these responsibilities. 

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

What part of his game do you like? Just that he’s big, athletic & has a strong arm?

Don’t get me wrong, I like all those things, but his accuracy is a major concern.

Yep, big strong and athletic while he tries to look down the field then take off if nothing is there . 

You could say that about Jackson and Allen who had accuracy issues . 

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

He’s terrible. Like legit, the only thing he is at this moment is a massive project. He’s more of a project than Trey Lance was. I think whoever drafts this guy in the first round is going to be cutting him in a couple years. He’s that bad of a QB. 

Depends who the OC is, he’s a project player but he is talented . Think he might be decent in the nfl .