2023 draft prospects and college football talk.

ripsean21

On 9/28/2022 at 8:34 PM, taylor made said:

I honestly have no idea where this team needs to go in the draft. At least we won't be going WR. They need to blow it up if we continue like we having been playing the last two weeks. 

That’s where I’m at. I’m basically at BPA except for RB, WR & DL in round 1. This team just needs to continue to add talent.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2022 at 9:19 AM, lavar703 said:

So do we pass on Will Anderson if he's available when we pick? Also, if we're bad enough to pick in the top 5 or top 3 even, can you pass on Stroud or Young? 

Id say if we’re picking in the top 5 again and we have a chance to take Stroud or Bryce Young we shouldn’t pass on them. If we’re picking in the top 5 then Carson didn’t improve upon what he’s shown the first 3 weeks of this season so far and we definitely need a QB for the future.

20 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Trenton Simpson, Noah Sewell and Henry To’oTo’o are pretty good. Not elite but worth a pick in that 10-15 range. 

They probably end up late 1st or early 2nd round picks. Not sure I’d take them in the top 15 but it all depends, there’s obviously a long way to go. Generally if you take a LB top 15 you expect that guy to have elite ability, not just a “good starter” ceiling.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Levis over Stroud? I don’t see it. 

It’s just my opinion it’s really just feeling and his skillset and his room to grow but his really legit foundation for the NFL. I love Stroud I think his team rides with him. I’d be greatful for either I just think Levis hasn’t really scratched the surface with all his raw skills.

https://youtu.be/DFmnYpm_ZYw

i just love his game athletic huge arm has a drive and his improvements and he has all the tools you risk your job on upstairs and physically. Just the guy I’d choose I’ve been on this program for a while I think he’s got what it takes he’s the player I’d take over every player in the class

Edited by ripsean21

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

It’s just my opinion it’s really just feeling and his skillset and his room to grow but his really legit foundation for the NFL. I love Stroud I think his team rides with him. I’d be greatful for either I just think Levis hasn’t really scratched the surface with all his raw skills.

Levi’s, from Kentucky with raw untapped natural talent & skills? Oh, that sounds like a home run! We’ve seen this story before!

Edited by turtle28

22 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I’m going to need to watch a lot more Levis before I get there, but coming into this season in particular, I’ve had a sense that I want to try to avoid these football factory school QBs to some degree. Seemed like a lot of guys who tore up college with 5-star all-star squads were struggling majorly when they got to the league. 

With Tua breaking out and Lawrence seemingly taking a big step forward, I’m a little less concerned about that right now. But I do still think you have to be very careful about those kinds of guys, because it’s just so tough to separate out which part of their production is related to their own abilities — and which part is just a product of playing an easier game than everyone else because they’re surrounded by studs. 

If a guy like Levis finds himself legitimately in the conversation with the OSU and Bama QBs, that likely has a lot more to do with individual traits than just straight-up otherworldly production in the country’s best offenses. Which makes him interesting, in the way that guys like Allen and Herbert and even Mahomes were. Not saying it’s a sure thing, because that’s also where guys like Zach Wilson and Josh Rosen and Mitch Trubisky sort of came from — but it definitely suggests a potentially high ceiling if he’s carrying a lesser talent group.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Levi’s, from Kentucky with raw untapped natural talent & skills? Oh, that sounds like a home run! We’ve seen this story before!

But it’s not untapped. He has improved on the field situational awareness and improving on mistakes. He has improved not just his game but his program. But I’m not here to change your opinion I know you know what your seeing when you watch these guys play and I very much respect your oninion. I just know for the last 2 years watching this guy and seeing what he’s doing this year along with his play style which is the style I covet he’s the guy who’s name would be on my card come draft day. 

8 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Levis throws an incredible deep ball

The way he throws on the move is a thing of beauty!!! 
my only knock on his game is his internal time clock. When it’s time to extend a play from inside the pocket and it’s not designed to use his movement sometimes he gets caught flat footed when he needs to bail out. It’s a feel thing and it just takes time. A good QB coach like Jordan Palmer would really highlight this for him when he’s done his college games

Edited by ripsean21

44 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Levis is not looking like a #1 pick today. Rough, rough outing for him and UK vs Ole Miss.

Nope but no prospect or player goes without games like these. Ole Miss brought the juice for this one. Credit to Kiffin staff and that OL and defense. They are playing really impressive team football right now