2023 draft prospects and college football talk.

ripsean21

22 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Meh, if we draft another big RB in the mid rounds, I’m going to be pretty disappointed. Hopefully this is late round evaluation. If we draft a RB, I want Deuce Vaughn or Kenny McIntosh (UGA) a pass receiving RB to replace McKissic should McKissic not be able to play again.

I also hope that Patterson takes the next step in his development. I’m fine w/ him being 3rd on the depth chart at running back as long as he can contribute on special teams as well as a return man.

Patterson or Gibson need to be our kick off and punt returner, Nate K needs to make that happen this offseason.

Edited by turtle28

21 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Meh, if we draft another RB in the mid rounds, I’m going to be pretty disappointed. Hopefully this is late round evaluation. If we draft a RB, I want Deuce Vaughn, Kenny McIntosh (UGA), Evan Hull (NW) as a pass receiving RB in the 6th/7th round to replace McKissic should McKissic not be able to play again.

I also hope that Patterson takes the next step in his development. I’m fine w/ him being 3rd on the depth chart at running back as long as he can contribute on special teams as well as a return man.

Patterson or Gibson need to be our kick off and punt returner, Nate K needs to make that happen this offseason.

• WAS
    16. Peter Skoronski
    OG/OT Northwestern

• WAS
    47. Henry To'oTo'o
    LB Alabama

• WAS
    97. DJ Turner
    CB Michigan

• WAS 
    118. DeMarvion Overshown LB Texas
  • WAS
    152. Olusegun Oluwatimi
    OC Michigan

• WAS
    193. Nick Broeker, OG, Ole Miss

• WAS
    215. Dontay Demus Jr.
    WR Maryland

• WAS
    235.Evan Hull
    RB Northwestern

Edited by turtle28

• WAS
    16. Peter Skoronski
    OT Northwestern

• WAS
    47. Emmanuel Forbes
    CB Mississippi State

• WAS
    97. Jack Campbell
    LB Iowa

• WAS
    118. DeMarvion Overshown
    LB Texas

• WAS
    152. Alex Forsyth
    OC Oregon

• WAS
    193. Deuce Vaughn
    RB Kansas State

• WAS
    215. Ja'von Hicks
    S Cincinnati

• WAS
    235. Arquon Bush
    CB Cincinnati

Edited by turtle28

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:
  • WAS
    16. Peter Skoronski
    OT Northwestern

• WAS
    47. Emmanuel Forbes
    CB Mississippi State

• WAS
    97. Jack Campbell
    LB Iowa

• WAS
    118. DeMarvion Overshown
    LB Texas

• WAS
    152. Alex Forsyth
    OC Oregon

• WAS
    193. Deuce Vaughn
    RB Kansas State

• WAS
    215. Ja'von Hicks
    S Cincinnati

• WAS
    235. Arquon Bush
    CB Cincinnati

I like this one much better than your first one. I’m 50/50 on skoronski though, part of me likes him but part of me thinks he will struggle at tackle and ultimately play guard. Depending on the board a trade back nabbing Torrence would be good with me! Grabbing wypler or Schmidt at center in the 2nd would allow us to release Roullier and save money too

3 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

I like this one much better than your first one. I’m 50/50 on skoronski though, part of me likes him but part of me thinks he will struggle at tackle and ultimately play guard. Depending on the board a trade back nabbing Torrence would be good with me! Grabbing wypler or Schmidt at center in the 2nd would allow us to release Roullier and save money too

I have no problem with him being our next Brandon Scherff. Better to draft an OT who has to play OG at 16 rather than at 5 like Scot McCloughan did in 2015.

Heck, we might even have to take Torrence at 16 by the time the draft rolls around with the way he’s climbing up the boards as long as he tests/moves well at the combine & for his pro day/personal workouts.

Edited by turtle28

23 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I have no problem with him being our next Brandon Scherff. Better to draft an OT who has to play OG at 16 rather than at 5 like Scot McCloughan did in 2015.

Heck, we might even have to take Torrence at 16 by the time the draft rolls around with the way he’s climbing up the boards as long as he tests/moves well at the combine & for his pro day/personal workouts.

Who else at five would have been as successful as Scherff besides Williams that reasonably would have gone there? Like Diggs isn't an answer. 

34 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Who else at five would have been as successful as Scherff besides Williams that reasonably would have gone there? Like Diggs isn't an answer. 

Leonard Williams, like 95% of the forum wanted to take. Then, if you take L. Williams maybe in 2018 you draft Derwin James over Daron Payne & you don’t overpay for Landon Collins in 2018 free agency.

Edited by turtle28

24 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Leonard Williams, like 95% of the forum wanted to take. Then, if you take L. Williams maybe in 2018 you draft Derwin James over Daron Payne & you don’t overpay for Landon Collins in 2018 free agency.

Who else at five would have been as successful as Scherff besides Williams that reasonably would have gone there?

If Williams is the only answer, fine. He probably hasn't lived up to his billing either, but hindsight being what it is.... yes a guard at 5 was tough, but he was one of the few successful ones in that range.