2023 draft prospects and college football talk.

ripsean21

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

Nope but no prospect or player goes without games like these. Ole Miss brought the juice for this one. Credit to Kiffin staff and that OL and defense. They are playing really impressive team football right now

I think Levis is good, I’m not sure he’s who some think he is. 

2 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

It def did lol. Though I will say he threw a beautiful meaningless fade for the dub right before that 🤣🤣🤣

And, a few plays earlier, a 40-yard dime that the the kid who made the big catch and run should have caught. 

The arm talent is there. The only question is what he’s got above the shoulders. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I think Levis is good, I’m not sure he’s who some think he is. 

He might just lack the ability to be immune to pressure situatation (the IT trait). That’s said just seeing what he can do and if we had modern day competent staff and systems with creativity hes the guy I’d choose. 

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

And, a few plays earlier, a 40-yard dime that the the kid who made the big catch and run should have caught. 

The arm talent is there. The only question is what he’s got above the shoulders. 

That’s what I just said to turtle about the IT factor. Some guys no matter the magical talent sometimes never get that it!! Burrow is a guy with that IT. Brady has def always been that focused guy. But this guy has that Allen level ability and his head is def on straight and he always cares on the sideline. 

2 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

He might just lack the ability to be immune to pressure situatation (the IT trait). That’s said just seeing what he can do and if we had modern day competent staff and systems with creativity hes the guy I’d choose. 

Sounds like a project 

Just now, turtle28 said:

Sounds like a project 

They are all projects. And the safe picks tend to have really limited growth potential and tend not to make it far. You buy the personality and gamble on traits. If those two things line up that’s the best you can hope for at that position. It’s very rare to get a Lawrence or Watson or Fields with their talent level but sustained success. Watson was a project coming out and Lawrence has shown that reguardless of success and pro ready game that it is still a jump and challenge to win and Jax has a good amount of talent in the trenches and on defense that a lot of top picks don’t have around them as number one overall picks.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

They are all projects. And the safe picks tend to have really limited growth potential and tend not to make it far. You buy the personality and gamble on traits. If those two things line up that’s the best you can hope for at that position. It’s very rare to get a Lawrence or Watson or Fields with their talent level but sustained success. Watson was a project coming out and Lawrence has shown that reguardless of success and pro ready game that it is still a jump and challenge to win and Jax has a good amount of talent in the trenches and on defense that a lot of top picks don’t have around them as number one overall picks.

It’s sounds like you’re trying real hard to justify Levis when it’s clear he’s not close to the QB Stroud is. 

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

It’s sounds like you’re trying real hard to justify Levis when it’s clear he’s not close to the QB Stroud is. 

I mean stroud has played with the Titans starting RT the jets #1 WR and the Saints 1B WR while who in the NFL has Levis been playing with while also competing in a stronger defensive conference? I love Stroud I’m not justifying anything I see more all around ability and that’s just the truth. Raw skills matter in the NFL it’s the difference between the Mahomes Allen’s Herbert’s and the guys that just will never be able to do those things.

In fact before before Stroud even had a offer befor he went to the elite 11 computing and lit the place up I was hoping he’d get a offer from Miami Stroud is an amazing football player. He is better then Fields and I liked Fields. But I was very vocal about my concerns with Fields and he’s one of the least efficient passers in the NFL. My position on Levis is based on my research into both of them and listening to interviews watching them on tape and if I was in control of bringing in a coaching staff based of the system I’d want to put a QB in Levis is the guy that does under center snaps the most he’s the furthest along in the musts of the NFL game with even more natural talent.
We do this every year there’s a OSU QB worth being a top pick and that player doesn’t have the same traits another player has elsewhere. It’s nothing to do with stroud. He’s worthy of risking a job for if your a GM. But if I was that GM and both were there it’s a difference of a fraction of a grade point but Levis and his ability to throw and position a ball moving right too left and how well he plays from inside the pocket is amazing. Are there things he needs to improve heck yeah. 

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 1

And really as much as I do see special things in Levis take this for what it is but if there was a Slater level LT in this draft I’d take that guy over any of these QB’s because I’d prefer to give Howell a year. But I think even if we were bad enough to give Sam 5 starts this year even if he won and played good in 4 of them if we retained this staff they’d pick a rookie in a last ditch effort to save their job because there’s no concrete direction. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

This might be the first time in all of our lifetimes we have the first pick in the draft lol

We should’ve had it in 2020. I would have to imagine we’d be better if we had been table to take Burrow that year but we’d probably screw that up too.