2023 draft prospects and college football talk.

ripsean21

On 3/30/2023 at 6:43 PM, offbyone said:

I wouldn't touch hooker early.  Maybe 3rd round and beyond.  Old rookie who is gonna need to sit a year and get healthy and has a lot of work to do to run an nfl offense.  Could be interesting late pick up though.

Wright is interesting, but now we have 2 Right Tackles + one swing tackle, can we really rationalize another?

Hooker, like Bryan Randall, Michael Vick and Tyrod Taylor before him is one of my all-time favorite Hokie QBs. However, I just don’t see him being a long-term starter at the next level. He just had weird issues in college with panic attacks and not being able to play in the cold etc. He does have all the ability you could ask for and while a bit older he’s extremely smart and probably has some developing left to do. I do think it’s possible he can become a franchise guy but I just think it’s going to be tough for him to do so. 

• Like 2

This is kind of my rankings right now for pick #16:

1) OL Paris Johnson, Jr. - He probably won't fall, but never say never. 

2) OL Peter Skoronski - Skoronski is the more realistic draft faller. He can step in at one of the guard spots day one. You can play him at tackle as an emergency. He's probably my #1 target and draft crush.

3) OL Broderick Jones - This is where it gets tricky because I have Bijan Robinson slightly higher ranked than Broderick but its almost even. Jones' youth is too hard to ignore and I haven't heard much of his character issues as of late. 

4) RB Bijan Robinson - This is where we start to get to luxury pick territory but Bijan is a safe pick to improve our team.

5) TE Michael Mayer - Also a luxury pick and he didn't wow at the combine but I think he did enough. He's more of the complete package and he's still my #1 TE over Kincaid and the others. He seems like a great locker room guy and captain type persona. Greg Olsen vibes character wise. 

6) CB Christian Rodriguez - I'm a little lower than CRod than most, but still my #1 cornerback. I also had Derek Stingley ahead of Ahmad Gardner last year so take my rankings with a grain of salt. 

7) CB Devon Witherspoon - Seems like a decent fit for our team and I like the player somewhat but I question a player from the University of Illinois this high in the first round. 

8) CB Joey Porter, Jr. - Porter is kind of my "meh" pick this year but I could really see the team selecting him. 

Late Risers and potential to shake up my rankings: 

OL Darnell Wright, OL Anton Harrison - If either of them keep rising, they could be in my top 5 quickly. The value just isn't there though at the moment. 

CB Deonte Banks - I've given time to think about Deonte Banks after his amazing combine and I wouldn't freak out drafting him at #16 but I'd still probably think its too early and a reach. 

Disaster picks: 

CB Cam Smith, CB Kelee Ringo, TE Darnell Washington, LB Drew Sanders

Edited by taylor made
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I love Brian Robinson but both backs averaged under 4 YPC. If it were me, I’m going Bijan Robinson or Michael Mayer at 16. No other players on the board at that point will be higher level talents. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I love Brian Robinson but both backs averaged under 4 YPC. If it were me, I’m going Bijan Robinson or Michael Mayer at 16. No other players on the board at that point will be higher level talents. 

I’ve warmed up to the idea of taking Bijan at 16 but for me I wouldn’t select M. Mayer that early. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

We had no offensive line, what do you expect?  

IMO Robinson looks great, on top of that Gibson will be playing for his next contract and running backs are a dime a dozen, no need to spend real draft capital on one.  

3 hours ago, offbyone said:

We had no offensive line, what do you expect?  

IMO Robinson looks great, on top of that Gibson will be playing for his next contract and running backs are a dime a dozen, no need to spend real draft capital on one.  

RBs are certainly a dime a dozen. Special ones aren’t and Bijan is special. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, lavar703 said:

RBs are certainly a dime a dozen. Special ones aren’t and Bijan is special. 

Lavar knows what’s up!!! This guys special. If 15 teams want too bless us then run that blessing right onto your team and look too round two for more value

• Like 1

On 4/1/2023 at 4:33 PM, lavar703 said:

I know you don't like to hear this but Gibson averaged 4.7 ypc as a rookie when we had a better offensive line. 

Believe it or not, I agree with Rivera.

If we're going to pound the rock with Gibson, Robinson. Mix in some Curtis Samuel & even Sam Howell?

We're probably going to be dealt an injury with one or more of them in a long 17 game season.

It would not be a bad idea to draft another RB that could potentially see playing time because of it.

I have no problem with that. I would prefer they don't do it, till day 3.

But if they see a guy they can't pass up earlier, I can totally understand the move.

Any chance we have to make this offense better, is a good move in my book.

But our O-line must be decent at minimum.