2023 draft prospects and college football talk.

ripsean21

12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I know you don't like to hear this but Gibson averaged 4.7 ypc as a rookie when we had a better offensive line. 

And he's never come close to anything he did in his rookie year since. So maybe he's that guy but we have two years of evidence and an almost immediate benching when the team saw Robinson to say otherwise. There's no way he's on this team after this upcoming season.

On 4/1/2023 at 6:13 PM, lavar703 said:

RBs are certainly a dime a dozen. Special ones aren’t and Bijan is special. 

I don't disagree with that, but we need to use him.  Would you advocate trading Samuel and Gibson if we draft Bijan?  

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

I don't disagree with that, but we need to use him.  Would you advocate trading Samuel and Gibson if we draft Bijan?  

Honestly, i have no issue with moving either. But I think Samuel is a good receiver as well. 

12 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Honestly, i have no issue with moving either. But I think Samuel is a good receiver as well. 

He was impressive healthy but if we get someone like Bijan, spreading the ball around is going to be really hard.

On 4/3/2023 at 7:04 AM, lavar703 said:

And he's never come close to anything he did in his rookie year since. So maybe he's that guy but we have two years of evidence and an almost immediate benching when the team saw Robinson to say otherwise. There's no way he's on this team after this upcoming season.

The offensive line was a better blocking Gibson’s rookie year. The last 2 years we had a lot of OL injuries plus, this past year we lost Scherff, cut Flowers & had tons of injuries at C, RG & RT.

Neither BRob nor Gibson averaged 4.0 ypc last year & that was mostly bc of the poor blocking.

New Todd McShay mock draft out. Two rounder. 

He has us taking Joey Porter and John-Michael Schmitz. Which would be…fine. Great bet to get two solid starters. Seems like what we would do. 

The part that’s killing me is that he has the following players slotted between #34 and #51, where we only have one pick:

34. Jahmyr Gibbs

35. Julius Brents

36. Kelee Ringo

37. Keion White

38. Brian Bresee

39. O’Cyrus Torrence

40. Darnell Washington

41. Drew Sanders

42. Joe Tippman

43. Brian Branch

44. Keeanu Benton

45. Luke Musgrave

46. DJ Turner

47. John-Michael Schmitz

48. Jack Campbell

49. Cam Smith

50. Anton Harrison

51. Dawand Jones

If this is how it looks to be playing out, I would be looking to trade back twice. Assuming the top guys at our positions are off the board (Paris Johnson, Devon Witherspoon, Christian Gonzalez), who are we getting at 16 that would be a better value/potential upside than multiple players in this range?

Do something like 16 for 27 + 59 (BUF) and then do something like 27 for 38 + 70 (LV). Then flip 59 + 70 for something in the early 40s (plus a later pick). In essence, you’ve turned 16 into something like 38 + 40. Which doesn’t sound like a great trade on paper, but picks mean nothing — all that matters is the players available to turn those picks into. 

You’re then sitting there with 38, 40, and 47. Which Todd thinks we could turn into something like Darnell Washington, Jack Campbell, and Anton Harrison. Sign me up for that. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Sigh. I love Hendon but dude, he's going to be 26-years old by the end of his rookie year. And he most likely won't even be able to play. Not to mention, Rivera and crew won't be here. I could see these dummies taking him at 16.

• Like 1

Just now, lavar703 said:

Sigh. I love Hendon but dude, he's going to be 26-years old by the end of his rookie year. And he most likely won't even be able to play. Not to mention, Rivera and crew won't be here. I could see these dummies taking him at 16.

No man, they ain't that stoopid ! 

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Sigh. I love Hendon but dude, he's going to be 26-years old by the end of his rookie year. And he most likely won't even be able to play. 

Yeah you know as well as I do, I don't see what others are seeing. I really like him too. I hope he kills it. I just don't see how he will.