2023 draft prospects and college football talk.

ripsean21

For a 3rd or 4th round dice roll, I could be talked into Hooker. 

Beyond that, it’s just too rich, and I really feel as though they should be dialed in on trying to bring things into focus with Howell (what do we have there?) rather than muddying the waters even further with yet another question mark.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Beyond that, it’s just too rich, and I really feel as though they should be dialed in on trying to bring things into focus with Howell (what do we have there?) rather than muddying the waters even further with yet another question mark.

mystery-box-family-guy.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

Yeah but the other issue is they already started muddying the waters by saying there will be a competition. This has to be the only team in the league that drafts a guy, develops him and then brings in a career back up to be competition instead of a tutor. The Falcons already named Ridder the starter and you can't tell me there is much talent difference in Ridder and Howell. Name Howell the starter and put the pieces around him needed to succeed and if he sucks so be it. Stop chasing this unicorn career back up who turns into a good starter. Its probably even more rare than hitting on a 5th round QB lol

Commanders will visit with Hendon Hooker

Posted by Mike Florio on April 4, 2023, 10:37 AM EDT

Sam Howell is QB1 in Washington. That could change.

Per multiple reports, the Commanders will host Tennessee quarterback Hendon Hooker for a pre-draft visit.

Hooker, who landed at No. 3 on the Simms quarterback draft rankings behind C.J. Stroud and Bryce Young, seems to be rising as the draft approaches. And that usually happens not because teams are waking up to Hooker, but because the media is waking up to where the teams already were.

Hooker is 25, and he suffered a torn ACL in November 2022.

Washington has the 16th overall pick in the draft. The Commanders also have Jacoby Brissett, who was signed in free agency.

57 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Yeah but the other issue is they already started muddying the waters by saying there will be a competition. This has to be the only team in the league that drafts a guy, develops him and then brings in a career back up to be competition instead of a tutor. The Falcons already named Ridder the starter and you can't tell me there is much talent difference in Ridder and Howell. Name Howell the starter and put the pieces around him needed to succeed and if he sucks so be it. Stop chasing this unicorn career back up who turns into a good starter. Its probably even more rare than hitting on a 5th round QB lol

I mean he did. He kinda sorta backtracked, but not really. It's Howell's job to lose. 

38 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

It never actually says we were in. They're just listing teams that maybe COULD have been. The article is reposting incorrectly. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/04/04/bill-belichick-has-shopped-mac-jones-this-offseason/ 

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Belichick has shopped Jones to multiple teams during the 2023 offseason.

The full list of potential destinations isn’t known. The teams mentioned as potential destinations were the Raiders, Texans, Buccaneers, and Commanders.

43 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Interesting prospect. 

Obviously an unbelievable athlete, and it shows up when you watch him play. He has a noticeable burst off the LOS and he separates pretty easily. He just runs past LBs at times, and he can go up and get the ball. Solid hands in the two games that are available. As a receiver, he’s pretty much exactly what you’re looking for. Reminds of Luke Musgrave, but bigger and healthier and an objectively better athlete.

That said, he is just a really bad blocker. I don’t know that I would say “terrible,” but he’s awfully close to earning that label. Not good technique, not good results, you just don’t see the explosiveness that you see in the passing game (and at the combine) showing up as a run (or pass) blocker. On these wham blocks that you see Kincaid (for example) doing all the time, Kuntz is just kind of trying to ram the defender with his shoulder. Which is…not great technique. He’s lunging, he misses a fair amount, it’s all arms when he does connect, and then he does this thing where he’s trying to box them out. I assume he must have played basketball.

Glad to hear they’re having a meeting with him. Is it an issue of desire/effort? Does he just need to be coached up hard? Is he open to that? I would want to know the answers to these types of questions, because if they think they can turn him into an adequate blocker, I wouldn’t be able to resist with the late 3rd. You’re telling me I have a guy who is the best TE athlete ever and he can pluck it at 6’8”? He’s the reason God created comp picks — to give you a bit more freedom to gamble on exciting lumps of clay like that. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Interesting prospect. 

Obviously an unbelievable athlete, and it shows up when you watch him play. He has a noticeable burst off the LOS and he separates pretty easily. He just runs past LBs at times, and he can go up and get the ball. Solid hands in the two games that are available. As a receiver, he’s pretty much exactly what you’re looking for. Reminds of Luke Musgrave, but bigger and healthier and an objectively better athlete.

That said, he is just a really bad blocker. I don’t know that I would say “terrible,” but he’s awfully close to earning that label. Not good technique, not good results, you just don’t see the explosiveness that you see in the passing game (and at the combine) showing up as a run (or pass) blocker. On these wham blocks that you see Kincaid (for example) doing all the time, Kuntz is just kind of trying to ram the defender with his shoulder. Which is…not great technique. He’s lunging, he misses a fair amount, it’s all arms when he does connect, and then he does this thing where he’s trying to box them out. I assume he must have played basketball.

Glad to hear they’re having a meeting with him. Is it an issue of desire/effort? Does he just need to be coached up hard? Is he open to that? I would want to know the answers to these types of questions, because if they think they can turn him into an adequate blocker, I wouldn’t be able to resist with the late 3rd. You’re telling me I have a guy who is the best TE athlete ever and he can pluck it at 6’8”? He’s the reason God created comp picks — to give you a bit more freedom to gamble on exciting lumps of clay like that. 

Good lord.  Idk if the Washington forum is ready for that kid's name.  I mean I'm dreaming up all of the word play I could do with it during the gameday threads.  @Thaiphoon 's going to ban hammer me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Good lord.  Idk if the Washington forum is ready for that kid's name.  I mean I'm dreaming up all of the word play I could do with it during the gameday threads.  @Thaiphoon 's going to ban hammer me. 

To be honest, I think you’re already walking a pretty fine line using the word “hammer” in a post about Kuntz….

• Like 2