2023 draft prospects and college football talk.

ripsean21

Hearing a lot more EDGE talk in recent weeks. Not sure if it’s a reaction to the uncertainty with Young, a statement on the depth of quality players at the position in the draft, or maybe just the result of some smoke-screening. 

Either way, it seems like the position may be on the board for them. If that’s the case, I’d prefer it to be a genuine pass-rush threat with burst and bend, in the mold of Will McDonald or Nolan Smith or one of these guys like Derrick Hall or Yaya Diaby.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Hearing a lot more EDGE talk in recent weeks. Not sure if it’s a reaction to the uncertainty with Young, a statement on the depth of quality players at the position in the draft, or maybe just the result of some smoke-screening. 

Either way, it seems like the position may be on the board for them. If that’s the case, I’d prefer it to be a genuine pass-rush threat with burst and bend, in the mold of Will McDonald or Nolan Smith or one of these guys like Derrick Hall or Yaya Diaby.

I think it should be 100% on the board for us. Worse case we could upgrade our rotating DE and develop him in case one of the two walks. I don't think it will be early for the bolded but Diaby would be a boat load of fun. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, e16bball said:

In hindsight, if we knew that Payne was going to blow up and get extended, and that we'd steal the very solid John Ridgeway off of a PS the ideal pick in the 2nd round last year would have been an edge rusher. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

In hindsight, if we knew that Payne was going to blow up and get extended, and that we'd steal the very solid John Ridgeway off of a PS the ideal pick in the 2nd round last year would have been an edge rusher. 

Very possible. Based on how the draft played out, we likely would have been looking at either Ole Miss’s Sam Williams (who went to DAL at pick 56) or USC’s Drake Jackson (who went to SF or pick 61). Both seemed to have decent first seasons, with 4 sacks and 3 sacks respectively on good defenses.

• Like 1

This is why I want Bijan at 16. I get the short shelf-life. I get that RBs can be found all throughout the draft and everyone knows how big of a fan of Spears I am but what Bijan can provide is something that takes your offense to the next level. He takes pressure off of Howell and does the same with the OL because of his vision and cutback ability. He has franchise RB ability. He would totally change what we're able to do. 

• Like 2

“Because I’m the most dominant interior offensive lineman in the draft, and I feel like any team that gets me will get a Day One starter and someone who is ready to play,” Torrence said, via Tom Pelissero of NFL Media. “Somebody who is going to take it like a pro and give it all you got.”

Pelissero reports Torrence, who is generally projected to come off the board at some point in the first two rounds, has met with the Titans, Rams, Falcons, and Saints recently. Their view on how dominant he can be in the NFL will help determine when Torrence’s name is called in Kansas City.

Edited by ARTMONK HOF
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

“Because I’m the most dominant interior offensive lineman in the draft, and I feel like any team that gets me will get a Day One starter and someone who is ready to play,” Torrence said, via Tom Pelissero of NFL Media. “Somebody who is going to take it like a pro and give it all you got.”

Pelissero reports Torrence, who is generally projected to come off the board at some point in the first two rounds, has met with the Titans, Rams, Falcons, and Saints recently. Their view on how dominant he can be in the NFL will help determine when Torrence’s name is called in Kansas City.

If you look at him as the first true guard prospect (until someone says they're moving Skor there at least), he should be the first to go and I def think he won't be out of the first round. That would be a shock.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

This is why I want Bijan at 16. I get the short shelf-life. I get that RBs can be found all throughout the draft and everyone knows how big of a fan of Spears I am but what Bijan can provide is something that takes your offense to the next level. He takes pressure off of Howell and does the same with the OL because of his vision and cutback ability. He has franchise RB ability. He would totally change what we're able to do. 

I’m with you!!! We constantly draft for need!!! And that’s constantly why we don’t have players on our roster like a Arron Donald or a Justin Jefferson or just that player who is completely that dude at his spot. If you pick BPA true BPA in the top 3 rounds that’s how you get lucked into those type of guys. Yes things can happen they can bust but if you take the best player avalible every year you either come away with a prize or you come away with a log jam and move one of your hold overs for draft picks to be able to select players at need spots where their value meets the selection later in the draft.

• Like 1

Like don’t get me wrong I am completely okay picking Bjorn. That said Achane would be crazy here though as well. But again if you have a chance at a truely special player take that player. But I’ve been hoping for 3 years now to get Devin Achane here and I would love too get him after getting a stud OL in round 1 if one of the special CB’s doesn’t fall. 

9 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I agree that it would be fun as a fan to root for this guy on Sundays.  But the armchair GM in me says its not the way to build a winner. 

• Like 1