GDT Preseason Week 3: Eagles @ Dolphins

TheRealMcCoy

I don't understand what the heck we're doing with Cason Strong. He was obviously healthy enough to dress and at least play a little, so why did he only get like 15 snaps over the course of 3 preseason games? Did we really need to see that much of Minshew? Did the FO think Minshew was going to make it rain with our 2nd stringers, and increase his trade value? Did we really need that many Reid Sinnett snaps? Just cut Carson Strong if you think he's undeserving of playing just 1 full quarter of 1 preseason game. He got like 3 drives. What the heck are we doing with this kid?

Reed Blankenship should be the #4 safety. I think Reed and Cain are my only positives amongst the non-starters, besides Jurgens.

Nakobe has looked solid vs the run when I notice him in there, but I feel like he should be out there more. Give him tons of coverage reps! We didn't do that. I do notice him out there though, taking good angles and making sure tackles for the most part. He's maybe not as fast as I originally thought seeing him at Georgia, but he's still got good speed. He's kind of like Danny Trevathan if Trevathan's arms were 3" shorter. He's not Deion Jones or Roquan though. Not quite as fluid or as sudden as those guys.

Edited by Jeezla

37 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I don't understand what the heck we're doing with Cason Strong. He was obviously healthy enough to dress and at least play a little, so why did he only get like 15 snaps over the course of 3 preseason games? Did we really need to see that much of Minshew? Did the FO think Minshew was going to make it rain with our 2nd stringers, and increase his trade value? Did we really need that many Reid Sinnett snaps? Just cut Carson Strong if you think he's undeserving of playing just 1 full quarter of 1 preseason game. He got like 3 drives. What the heck are we doing with this kid?

Ya.... we are about to. Every report has said he has been really bad all camp. If they don't think he is ready for preseason snaps... why should they give him them?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Disappointing. He needed to have a bounce back from his terrible performance against the Browns last game.

I'm not sure what to make of Davion. I'd probably lean towards keeping him, but he's no slam dunk. He's been stock down for a little while now. Really it just depends on him vs going a little heavier somewhere else.

15 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'm not sure what to make of Davion. I'd probably lean towards keeping him, but he's no slam dunk. He's been stock down for a little while now. Really it just depends on him vs going a little heavier somewhere else.

Who plays the Weakside if Kyzir White goes down? Does Dean just step in there? It seems like the natural fit for Nakobe but he's very raw this year and listed as an inside guy on the depth charts.

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Who plays the Weakside if Kyzir White goes down? Does Dean just step in there? It seems like the natural fit for Nakobe but he's very raw this year and listed as an inside guy on the depth charts.

I mean are you trusting Davion to step in there and not be raw? I'm certainly not.

15 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Ya.... we are about to. Every report has said he has been really bad all camp. If they don't think he is ready for preseason snaps... why should they give him them?

There were reports from the combine that Strong couldn't explain how the Nevada offense worked to NFL people in meetings because he didnt know.

2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

There were reports from the combine that Strong couldn't explain how the Nevada offense worked to NFL people in meetings because he didnt know.

Probably dumb as rocks, can't understand a playbook but can mimic, adapt and just play. 

QB version of Devin Miles from Drumline

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Probably dumb as rocks, can't understand a playbook but can mimic, adapt and just play. 

QB version of Devin Miles from Drumline

Lol that's a funny analogy but I think that's what's going on. He barely got any snaps and really only handled the ball off. So yeah I get the vibe he didn't/couldn't learn the offense.