2022 ST (redemption or curse)

Refugee

Coverage units should be OK.  We are still missing a decent return guy.  Haven't had one in ages.  Amari isn't it until proven otherwise.  Just watching the replay of the 96 Superbowl.  Desmond Howard man just shows how ST can affect a game.  Think we'll end up around 20th in the league when it's all said and done.  Below average but not a disaster.  Wonder if Biss has tried some other guys on KR/PR duties.  Doubs, Toure, and Watson are the obvious candidates...

• 2 weeks later...

Didn’t get a chance to watch as close as I’d have liked since I was hosting and having to run food etc. between punts. 

Our punts were decent minus one oob, but I think it was not terrible. 

Return game still not showing anything outside of not screwing the pooch. 

Coverage, we have a gunner. More than a few plays I saw 20 get downfield in a hurry to force the FC. 

9 hours ago, Refugee said:

Didn’t get a chance to watch as close as I’d have liked since I was hosting and having to run food etc. between punts. 

Our punts were decent minus one oob, but I think it was not terrible. 

Return game still not showing anything outside of not screwing the pooch. 

Coverage, we have a gunner. More than a few plays I saw 20 get downfield in a hurry to force the FC. 

Ford absolutely levelled a blocker on the first kick off. It was awesome. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikebpackfan said:

I’m glad a reporter brought it up to La Fleur, there was an inordinate amount of rush on the punts and he acknowledged protection was too “leaky”. Was concerned they wouldn’t see a problem because the results were fine—but we were pretty fortunate not to have a disaster Sunday. 

I did see that on a few kicks. After last year’s finale, that cannot be stressed enough.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

I'm quickly becoming a Ford fan.  The player, not the auto maker.

Dang, he is everything I've ever wanted on specials.

Great pick up and funny that Jax felt so stacked they could toss him aside. Maybe they have a bunch of young up and coming talent in the DB room and want to create room to develop but he came here with A1 gunner on his resume and hasn’t disappointed. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Well, with 16/17ths of the season in I’d say we’ve had a bonafide redemption. Of course, we had to wait half a season to bring in a returner who was already on our roster. This has made us a truly dangerous team at flipping the field. 

Our gunners have been a step up even if we have given up some yards recently. Mason is back to hitting clutch shots, seems like we needed the consistency at holder there. Punts have been solid with our biggest minus being punt protection that bit us vs. Min but has been shakey this year. 

I’d say coach Bisaccia gets an A grade for the turnaround and it’s great to see him hands on with his teams in between plays. Hope this is just the norm going forward and our rosters are constructed to keep teams from hurting us, and being a weapon to keep us winning games for years to come. 

5 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Well, with 16/17ths of the season in I’d say we’ve had a bonafide redemption. Of course, we had to wait half a season to bring in a returner who was already on our roster. This has made us a truly dangerous team at flipping the field. 

Our gunners have been a step up even if we have given up some yards recently. Mason is back to hitting clutch shots, seems like we needed the consistency at holder there. Punts have been solid with our biggest minus being punt protection that bit us vs. Min but has been shakey this year. 

I’d say coach Bisaccia gets an A grade for the turnaround and it’s great to see him hands on with his teams in between plays. Hope this is just the norm going forward and our rosters are constructed to keep teams from hurting us, and being a weapon to keep us winning games for years to come. 

Would love to know what took so long to move on from Amari , maybe we wouldn't be do or die in the last game , the return game has seemed to really give this team a jolt !