GDT - Week 11 - Conquistar Los Asaltantes

Hunter2_1

El Mejor contra Los Asaltantes 

Estadio Azteca, Mexico 

87,000 capacity

0ap3000000781597.jpg

Azteca-2-1200x674.jpg

09/21/2014 Oakland Raiders New England Patriots A Gillette Stadium (Foxborough, MA) W 16-9 68,756
10/02/2011 Oakland Raiders New England Patriots H O.co Coliseum (Oakland, CA) W 31-19 62,572
12/14/2008 Oakland Raiders New England Patriots H Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum (Oakland, CA) W 49-26 62,179
09/08/2005 Oakland Raiders New England Patriots A Gillette Stadium (Foxborough, MA) W 30-20 68,756
11/17/2002 Oakland Raiders New England Patriots H Network Associates Coliseum (Oakland, CA) L 27-20 62,552
01/19/2002 * Oakland Raiders New England Patriots A Foxboro Stadium (Foxborough, MA) W 16-13, OT 60,292

Did not participate

OT Marcus Cannon (ankle)

WR Chris Hogan (shoulder)

WR Matthew Slater (hamstring)

Marcus Cannon and Chris Hogan both missed the game against the Broncos and, as first reported by ESPN Boston's Mike Reiss, remained in Massachusetts to work on their respective ailments. They will be joined by Matthew Slater, who exited Sunday's game with a hamstring issue and flew back from Colorado. As a result, all three will highly likely miss this week's game in Mexico City.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAM4t9x5VCR8vW8XKLeXO

Elevation is ~7200 ft for Mexico City. Colorado springs is ~6000 ft. Good move staying in the elevation for over a week. Is Oakland coming to Mexico early? Sounds like a dangerous move. Alright guys, don't get too wild in mexico we got a game tomorrow.

This game is nothing like as daunting as it appeared when the schedule was announced. @Denver and @Oakland back to back looked like a death march in August, but both teams have underwhelmed.

The Raiders defense is bad. Like, really bad. They haven't had a single INT all season, and tied-last for sacks with 13. Football is weird, and I won't totally rule out their D playing their best game of the season, but I find it hard to imagine the Pats won't score at least 28 points.

Gilmore will cover Cooper, with Butler on Crabtree. That's an easier match-up than last week, where Butler struggled (although he was in pretty good position on a lot plays, just got beaten by some good throws/catches). Their run game has been a non-factor most of the year, with Lynch looking a lot like a man that hasn't played football in over a year. Richard can be dangerous though, and I can see him making some plays on dump-off passes in the flats.

Wouldn't be surprised if this was lop-sided score. 38-14 Pats, something like that.

3 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

This game is nothing like as daunting as it appeared when the schedule was announced. @Denver and @Oakland back to back looked like a death march in August, but both teams have underwhelmed.

The Raiders defense is bad. Like, really bad. They haven't had a single INT all season, and tied-last for sacks with 13. Football is weird, and I won't totally rule out their D playing their best game of the season, but I find it hard to imagine the Pats won't score at least 28 points.

Gilmore will cover Cooper, with Butler on Crabtree. That's an easier match-up than last week, where Butler struggled (although he was in pretty good position on a lot plays, just got beaten by some good throws/catches). Their run game has been a non-factor most of the year, with Lynch looking a lot like a man that hasn't played football in over a year. Richard can be dangerous though, and I can see him making some plays on dump-off passes in the flats.

Wouldn't be surprised if this was lop-sided score. 38-14 Pats, something like that.

Butler on cooper, Gilmore on Crabtree. Over the top help where its needed. Could see Rowe on Crabtree if healthy.

I'm expecting a bit of a shoot-out. Raiders defense is bad, and I think we'll concede more than 20 for the first time in weeks on defense. They HAVE the weapons, and have put it together in patches, but remain inconsistent. But the danger is there. 

I hope they try and run with Lynch a lot. Not that our run D is that good, but I think Lynch is very easy to stop now. It's a game where our usual gameplan of keeping their defense on the field will pay off in spades, because of the altitude factor. 

Derek Carr has the lowest QBR in the league when he was to hold on to the ball for more than 2 seconds. He's getting it away quickly (even when not under pressure), so I think we will play coverage a lot (as we tend to) to make him hold on. Overall though, he's still in the upper half of QBacking but he's used a significantly quicker passing game than previous season.

Fun fact: Carr is the ONLY QB in the league with a lower QBR when using play action. Usually it raises a QBs ability to pass, but for whatever reason, it's not worked for Carr thus far. 

I’ve been wrong about pretty much everything Pats related this year, but...

I expect a pretty decisive win this week. Mack should be contained as Miller was with a decent amount of help on the edge, their run game is pretty weak, and the defense as a whole isn’t good at all. Giving Carr time in the pocket will allow him to make some big plays, but I think the Pats actually did a pretty solid job covering up good receivers this year and will continue to do so this week. 

The emergence of the run game and backs receiving will be nail(s) in Oakland’s coffin, similar to how they did so in Denver. Minus all that special team abuse though.

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

David Andrews added to injury list with illness. Maybe altitude sickness. Day to day.

Would have thought it unlikely, Mexico City is only at 2250m above sea level. Some people are more sensitive than others though. Are they even in Mexico yet? I know they were staying in Colorado in between. Hopefully it's something minor whatever it is!

3 hours ago, biggbrd said:

Would have thought it unlikely, Mexico City is only at 2250m above sea level. Some people are more sensitive than others though. Are they even in Mexico yet? I know they were staying in Colorado in between. Hopefully it's something minor whatever it is!

They're at airforce academy. Also high up.

11 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

"30-27 Raiders. 

Patriot Defense is bad, one of the worst in the league. "

How much more can we do, apart from not conceding 20 in a game for well over a month? We are at least average now.

I agree the defense has improved. But really, looking at the schedule...Outside of ATL, who has the patriots defense really shut down in the last month that is really that impressive? The Chargers? The Jets? Broncos?

The Raiders, from a pure talent perspective, are the best offense the Pats D has went up against in a while. But unfortunately for us, talent only gets you so far in this league. First year OC Todd Downing has been pretty crappy and we have regressed so much on O since last year, its ridiculous.

But if we have a game where we play up to our talent, (aka the chiefs game) it'll be a shootout. 

Archived