GDT - Week 11 - Conquistar Los Asaltantes

Hunter2_1

15 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I agree the defense has improved. But really, looking at the schedule...Outside of ATL, who has the patriots defense really shut down in the last month that is really that impressive? The Chargers? The Jets? Broncos?

The Raiders, from a pure talent perspective, are the best offense the Pats D has went up against in a while. But unfortunately for us, talent only gets you so far in this league. First year OC Todd Downing has been pretty crappy and we have regressed so much on O since last year, its ridiculous.

But if we have a game where we play up to our talent, (aka the chiefs game) it'll be a shootout. 

We dominated NO (they had a garbage TD), Falcons would have been a shutout were it not for a garbage TD when we were in prevent, and TB - in the top half on offense. Remember, I claimed average, not good. 

Just now, Hunter2_1 said:

We dominated NO (they had a garbage TD), Falcons would have been a shutout were it not for a garbage TD when we were in prevent, and TB - in the top half on offense. Remember, I claimed average, not good. 

NO game was the second of the season - so that game doesn't apply, as we're talking about the last month like you said. 

I already acknowledge the ATL game was impressive, although they are experiencing a similar down year on O like us, with another first year OC taking over. I watched the TB game and in the 2nd half they went up and down the field on your defense and probably should have won that game. 

Like i said, the defense has improved but im not quite impressed with who you guys have played in the last month. So i just need to see more

19 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

NO game was the second of the season - so that game doesn't apply, as we're talking about the last month like you said. 

I already acknowledge the ATL game was impressive, although they are experiencing a similar down year on O like us, with another first year OC taking over. I watched the TB game and in the 2nd half they went up and down the field on your defense and probably should have won that game. 

Like i said, the defense has improved but im not quite impressed with who you guys have played in the last month. So i just need to see more

Falcons are in top 10, statistically

So what is it exactly you are saying? You're not allowing me to claim average, so you're saying we are worse than average? Despite being in the top 3 for points conceded? Saints D is one of the best, but they've played an even easier schedule than us. Do you need to see more of them too?

28 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Falcons are in top 10, statistically

So what is it exactly you are saying? You're not allowing me to claim average, so you're saying we are worse than average? Despite being in the top 3 for points conceded? Saints D is one of the best, but they've played an even easier schedule than us. Do you need to see more of them too?

Im saying while the defense has improved statistically over the past month, I want to see more evidence to make me believe that this will be the norm as the competition hasn't been the greatest.

Personnel wise, this is one of the worst defenses BB has fielded in a while. 

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Im saying while the defense has improved statistically over the past month, I want to see more evidence to make me believe that this will be the norm as the competition hasn't been the greatest.

Wrong. 

Unless by “in a while”, you are excluding 2011.

9 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

OK, fair enough.

Personnel wise (no pun...hehe) I thought this was stronger than last season. We lost a couple of old part time pass rushers and a mediocre cornerback, to be replaced with highly graded draft picks (DE) and an above average CB. Also adding a veteran at MLB. Just was not expecting this kind of season for the defense. No idea what was happening in weeks 1-5, probably communication break downs and lack of pass rush killing us.

Archived