49ers ' 53 man roster cut thread

49erurtaza

Just now, NinerNation21 said:

Not a fan of this move. We don't have anyone with Hasty's wiggle or speed. He's also probably the best receiving back on the team and has kickoff value. Kind of surprised by this. 

I'm not at all. The team has repeatedly shown that they are meh on him. 

Ray Ray returns kicks, and Hasty is an awful pass protector, making him just as much of a liability on third downs as his pass catching gives him value. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'm not at all. The team has repeatedly shown that they are meh on him. 

Ray Ray returns kicks, and Hasty is an awful pass protector, making him just as much of a liability on third downs as his pass catching gives him value. 

This essentially makes Wilson our 3rd down back, which I'm fine with. I like Wilson. I just think Hasty brings a different element to our RB group. We seem to be moving away from pure speed and going with more power. 

47 minutes ago, Forge said:

Justin Skule is going to make this roster, isn't he? lol 

I wonder if he could play guard? His pass blocking out on an island is atrocious, but his run blocking scores well with PFF at least. Maybe we could protect him a bit by moving him inside? Our line is in trouble if any of our starters go down. Tbh I didn’t see much of a difference between McKivitz, Moore, and Skule this preseason. It’s anyone’s guess who lands on the 53 at this point.

• Like 1