Titans Release Brett Kern

KingTitan

1 minute ago, Mesa_Titan said:

This is all wishful thinking, though. Stonehouse could shank his first 10 punts and we could be looking for a new punter mid season. I’ll take the experienced proven commodity when it comes to kickers over the shiny new toy with jagged edges. 

Who was kern when we had Craig hentrich 🤔 it’s literally the same thing, & let’s be real it wasn’t like it was given to storehouse he earned it. You rather hold on some for sentimental value basically vs taking a chance on getting better & younger which is the same thing we did back in 09 with kern 

On 8/29/2022 at 1:09 PM, Mesa_Titan said:

This is all wishful thinking, though. Stonehouse could shank his first 10 punts and we could be looking for a new punter mid season. I’ll take the experienced proven commodity when it comes to kickers over the shiny new toy with jagged edges. 

Like I said Stonehouse might not be Kern but trying to make him out to be a walking pile of manure is pretty ridiculous.  I'd be a little more concerned if we were talking about a FG kicker but the guy is a flipping punter.  He will be OK if not great.  

Edited by Soxcat

7 hours ago, Soxcat said:

Like I said Stonehouse might not be Kern but trying to make him out to be a walking pile of manure is pretty ridiculous.  I'd be a little more concerned if we were talking about a FG kicker but the guy is a flipping punter.  He will be OK if not great.  

Not even once was this said. 

On 9/6/2022 at 9:45 AM, Mesa_Titan said:

Not even once was this said. 

Oh really?  So Stonehouse could "SHANK" his first 10 kicks (so bad we are looking to cut him and replace him with another punter) isn't basically saying he could suck to high heaven and was a huge mistake?  My comment was that basically he is a punter.  Ya know?  Not likely to suck that bad.  So relax Pedro, I doubt they will be looking to cut him that quickly and I really doubt he will shank his first 10 kicks.  In fact the guy is probably going to be pretty good.  Again, he is a PUNTER.  

1 hour ago, Soxcat said:

Oh really?  So Stonehouse could "SHANK" his first 10 kicks (so bad we are looking to cut him and replace him with another punter) isn't basically saying he could suck to high heaven and was a huge mistake?  My comment was that basically he is a punter.  Ya know?  Not likely to suck that bad.  So relax Pedro, I doubt they will be looking to cut him that quickly and I really doubt he will shank his first 10 kicks.  In fact the guy is probably going to be pretty good.  Again, he is a PUNTER.  

You're 100% right. A punter has never been cut for poor performance.

14 hours ago, Soxcat said:

It’s literally the same move we made when we switched from Hentrich to kern. Kern bounced around, had a strong leg but struggled with technique. He has sentimental value for kern. At some point you got to aim for getting better & younger. 
I sure don’t hear the Casey fans still crying after we traded him to broncos & put Simmons at his natural position 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...