Jimmy G is staying

John232

I don’t worry about the locker room. Lance has been more than crowned. It’s clear who’s playing and who’s the long term answer. We saw how jimmy handled all of this. Do we really think he’s gonna cause problems? The man’s Baby Jesus as a teammate. Non of us are in that locker room, and after all this I’d imagine they have a pretty good handle on how he will handle. Wish we put him in for a few plays on Thursday!

I hope they keep Purdy and lose Sudfeld. QB to learn rather than needing someone to play. If we’re down to third string anyway, it’s trouble. 

• Like 2

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/jimmy-garoppolo-14472/

YEAR   AGE BASE SALARY SIGNING ROSTER CAP HIT DEAD CAP YEARLY CASH
2022 Contract details by year 31 $6,500,000 $1,400,000 $441,176 $8,341,176 - $7,000,000($7,000,000)

Contract Notes:

• ESTIMATED BASED ON REPORTS
  • Per Game Active Bonus: $29,411 ($500,000, 15 LTBE)
  • Incentives: $8.45M
  • No Trade Clause
  • No Tag Clause for 2023

28 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

No I think Purdy is cut. sudfeld has a 2 million fully guaranteed contract. 

I don't think that 2M is going to stop this staff from cutting Sudfeld if they want to keep Purdy around. I think everyone knows who I favor in regards to Sudfeld v Purdy, and I have no idea how the team feels about these QBs, but I do know that they could care less what outsiders think in regards to their decisions. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

What is the cap situation looking like now? @Forge @49erscap

How does the incentives play a role here? 

I don't think that the actual terms of the deal are known specific to the language, but according to Lombardi, the belief is that the incentives are set up in a way that they wouldn't hit until next season if they come into play. 

24 minutes ago, straighthate said:

I don’t worry about the locker room. Lance has been more than crowned. It’s clear who’s playing and who’s the long term answer. We saw how jimmy handled all of this. Do we really think he’s gonna cause problems? The man’s Baby Jesus as a teammate. Non of us are in that locker room, and after all this I’d imagine they have a pretty good handle on how he will handle. Wish we put him in for a few plays on Thursday!

I hope they keep Purdy and lose Sudfeld. QB to learn rather than needing someone to play. If we’re down to third string anyway, it’s trouble. 

You don't have to worry about the locker room now. Start 1-4 and we will see what shakes out. Jimmy has a lot of friends there. 

1 hour ago, N4L said:

My main question about keeping Jimmy - does this divide the locker room? I am not ready for the drama if we lose a few games early. 

FEH. Jimmy wouldn't even let that happen himself as much of a competitor he is. You know he'll support Trey, and if Trey has Jimmy in his corner that's all that will matter. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Yes. One of Purdy or Sudfeld should be on our PS.

That's what I'm thinking. Cut both, see which one wants to come back. I think we could probably sign both to the PS if neither gets claimed 

5 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

FEH. Jimmy wouldn't even let that happen himself as much of a competitor he is. You know he'll support Trey, and if Trey has Jimmy in his corner that's all that will matter. 

It wouldn't come from Jimmy. It would come from other guys who like him and would want him to start over Trey.

Jimmy can simultaneously be a good teammate and be the root source of workplace drama. 

• Like 1

Just now, N4L said:

It wouldn't come from Jimmy. It would come from other guys who like him and would want him to start over Trey.

Jimmy can simultaneously be a good teammate and be the root source of workplace drama. 

Well the bad apples will have to do their job anyway. 

I dunno, 49ers got through it with Montana/Young. If Trey mentally crumbles because of the potential of someone else taking his job then he was never the guy anyway. 

• Like 3

I have mixed feelings.  On one hand, if Trey gets injured or it's looking like he's just not ready to take the reigns after 3 losses in a row or something, the season's not automatically over.

On the other hand, it's kind of like breaking up with someone, but neither one of you can move out until the lease is over.  So, you still live together.  It's awkward for everyone involved. 

I like Jimmy.  Yeah, I wish he could pass anywhere other than the middle of the field, but he's done enough to get us to a championship game and a superbowl in the last 3 years.  There are a ton of teams that wish they could say the same.  It was time to move on, though.