Saints trade DB Chauncey Gardner-Johnson to Eagles

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Quick question a bit unrelated, how do you all tend to rate Marcus Davenport? Was the trade of 2 first round picks worth it for him? I saw he tends to get nicked up most years.

When he's healthy, then he's worth the picks, when he's not then he's not.  Unfortunately it's felt like he's been healthy a lot less than he's been healthy.

Man, of all the players, I feel like CJG was one of the energy creators for our secondary. I'm not sure what broke down, but to only land a 5th & 6th for a starter and a 7th seems off to me. I'm wondering if he's going to command a boatload of money that will pin the Eagles down a bit.

Oh well, business....

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2022 at 9:13 PM, Mid Iowa said:

Man, of all the players, I feel like CJG was one of the energy creators for our secondary. I'm not sure what broke down, but to only land a 5th & 6th for a starter and a 7th seems off to me. I'm wondering if he's going to command a boatload of money that will pin the Eagles down a bit.

Oh well, business....

From what I read, after the contract negotiations soured ($4M/yr apart) he stopped responding to coaching. If this is true then I get why they traded him, but damn does it suck to lose him for next to nothing. Really wanted us to lock him up long term. I loved the fire he brought to our defense. 

• Like 1