53-man roster moves: Agim, Muti, J-Johnson cut, Malik Reed traded; 3 players to IR

Broncofan

Agim just hasn't played well this preseason. His stats in the last game weren't a reflection of what I saw, either.  

I'd be surprised if there wasn't at least one DL to make this team that isn't currently on the roster. That Bills game has cost at least 2 players their jobs on the DL.

Reed was just a numbers game. Tbh, we all said he didn't play well last year and most us said he could get flipped maybe for a late pick in the trade thread. Seems a good dude, but he's just not a dynamic player.

Feel for Hinton; I guess our staff maybe feels he's more likely to get through waivers than Williams or Johnson?

1 hour ago, broncosfan_101 said:

The trade isn’t even netting us a pick, just exchanging a 7th for a 6th. 

Honestly, though, given how poorly Reed played last year, it's still the right move.   Maybe the PIT coaches can build him up and get more, but the cap savings isn't small, either.

Odds seem really high that Turner-Yell made the squad.   Strong move, he was the best player on D the last 2  preseason games combined, and showed athleticism/IQ that should translate.    Our S corps looks in great shape post-Jackson departure this season (love Kareem and all he's done, but it would be surprising to see more than a final year in 2022 for him, given the decline we started to see last year and stage of his career).

Edited by Broncofan

11 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Biggest surprise so far 

Agreed, in all the projected cuts never saw this one coming. His injury may have been more than revealed.

Also saw WR's Seth Williams and  Brandon Johnson was waived, hopefully they can make it to the PS. 

Edited by Cutler06

Its a surprise, however I think we all felt as soon as Hackett was hired that Muti was a bad fit for a stretch zone system.

He's had injury problems throughout College and throughout his NFL career thus far. He also didn't play well with his opportunities last year, especially with Meinerz far outperforming him.

The fact they couldn't get any picks for him shows how the league sees his film thus far too.

• Like 1