53-man roster moves: Agim, Muti, J-Johnson cut, Malik Reed traded; 3 players to IR

Broncofan

It's pretty telling Agim didn't get claimed by a single other team - 6 other DL got claimed, including 2 by the Bears.

Side note - the Bears squad is a holy mess.   Making 6 claims on waiver day....ouch.

Edited by Broncofan

7 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

It's pretty telling Agim didn't get claimed by a single other team - 6 other DL got claimed, including 2 by the Bears.

Side note - the Bears squad is a holy mess.   Making 6 claims on waiver day....ouch.

We were picking up a bunch of players on waiver day towards the end of the Elway years. Grim times. I’m glad Paton and Hackett have the conviction to stick with what they’ve got. Would have been easy to push the panic button after the Bills game. 

8 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Glasgow and Wattenberg both having center/guard versatility also hurt him. 

Muti has been a better player in theory than what he has ever shown in the NFL. We all know he can be an asset to a downhill rushing attack, but pass pro was always a disaster and I’m not convinced he was ever a good fit for outside zone. I really think they were trying to move him before the knee injury. 

Interesting that they kept him on the PS.

1 hour ago, paul-mac said:

We were picking up a bunch of players on waiver day towards the end of the Elway years. Grim times. I’m glad Paton and Hackett have the conviction to stick with what they’ve got. Would have been easy to push the panic button after the Bills game. 

Other than ILB / DL depth I agree if you've invested the time, and the guys are young, you're better off to stay the course.    As you referenced, I think the last few Elway years, the roster depth just wasn't there.   He was a wizard with UDFA and bargain FA's, but the Day 2 failures eventually mounted to the point where we saw such roster moves.   Elway deserves our love and respect, but it's always good to have sober eyes and recognize the weaknesses.   The best GM's learn from them and evolve.   It's early but it's hard not to be excited about Paton's work so far.   Finding guys like Yell-Turner, Vigil & Carter, it speaks well to him & the scouting department. 

45 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

He’s one of the few guys I thought a team would claim. No takers.  

That's why I'm thinking it's medical. Physical attributes alone would have someone grab him. Just 23, still learning the game, shows improvement every year and is quite possibly the strongest man in the NFL. 

Somebody would take a shot at him.