Trayvon Mullen traded to Cardinals

Dessie

I read somewhere we originally wanted a third. But the market wasn't there. Also I like Mullens...a lot. BUT he was injured so the new coaches really can't get a look at him to see how he can adapt to this scheme. Nor can they are how he reacts to the coaching style they use. And lastly it'd the last year of his contract. If they keep him in hopes he can fit the scheme or gets healthy. You are also on the final yr of his deal so if he gets injured again or doesn't heal you used the spot for nothing. So I get it. Not crazy about the compensation for sure. But if it was a situation where he was going to be cut if not traded. Then great job getting anything at all in my opinion.

Edited by BigD1123

3 hours ago, ragingraider said:

Terrible move. Totally terrible. Trayvon was our best corner when healthy. Consistent quality corner. Trading him for a 7/6th round is just getting rid of Jon Gruden players. I hate this.

That's my issue with it.  I don't mind the trade.  But a 6/7?  C'mon.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ragingraider said:

Terrible move. Totally terrible. Trayvon was our best corner when healthy. Consistent quality corner. Trading him for a 7/6th round is just getting rid of Jon Gruden players. I hate this.

Being very liberal with the word "consistent" there. Unless you mean consistently in and out of the lineup. 

And the "getting rid of Jon Gruden players" argument kind of stops when you consider they kept Robertson, Hobbs, Abram, etc. 

Maybe we should look at it for what it is... Mullen is not a scheme fit. Graham wants press man corners and that's not his game. 

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Being very liberal with the word "consistent" there. Unless you mean consistently in and out of the lineup. 

And the "getting rid of Jon Gruden players" argument kind of stops when you consider they kept Robertson, Hobbs, Abram, etc. 

Maybe we should look at it for what it is... Mullen is not a scheme fit. Graham wants press man corners and that's not his game. 

This part is true. I also think they really like Webb, who was a legit sleeper in the draft. Pats had a lot of success with UDFA CB's. Who knows Webb could be the next.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

This part is true. I also think they really like Webb, who was a legit sleeper in the draft. Pats had a lot of success with UDFA CB's. Who knows Webb could be the next.

I was impressed with Webb. Played disciplined, never looked to big for him. Showed really nice ball skills. He has traits to develop and should be a ST contributor as a rookie. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I was impressed with Webb. Played disciplined, never looked to big for him. Showed really nice ball skills. He has traits to develop and should be a ST contributor as a rookie. 

Nice to see a rookie turn their head and make plays on the ball. And not panic. Hoping there is some staff continuity over the next few years to develop the young guys on defense.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Nice to see a rookie turn their head and make plays on the ball. And not panic. Hoping there is some staff continuity over the next few years to develop the young guys on defense.

All of this especially.  I do not know why our guys seem to never get their heads turned around. I am especially sick and tired of changing schemes every few years after we get guys in that are suppose to fit the scheme.

• Like 1