2022 Offensive Line

Refugee

1 hour ago, MantyWrestler said:

Dear god no. Right now with everyone healthy, I think Yosh is our second best OT. Also think Newman is much better at OG than OT. Last, I think Tom at OT or even Walker is better than Hansen at OG. 

You may be vindicated, but it's the coaches who make the decisions, so in case of disagreements, theirs always prevails!  :):)

So long as they anticipate Jenkins and Bakhti being back within a handful of games or less, Nijman is only going to be starting at LT for now.  Stenavich doesn't love him at RT, at least not yet.  

Personally I'd love to see what Newman could do in a second year at guard.  But, I'm kinda OK to entrust those decisions to the coaches, they are smart, logical guys who see a lot.  But yeah, I'd sure like it if Jenkins was back, if Newman/Hanson for RG was the only question, and then I'd love to see Newman take that and do well with it.  

Rodgers isn't the doctor, of course.  But when asked about o-line, he said that *IF* Bakhti and Jenkins were back..., as if it's not obvious that either one won't be.  Gave me the impression that even if they don't play week one, it's not like they're likely to be waiting till late October or anything.  

17 hours ago, craig said:

You may be vindicated, but it's the coaches who make the decisions, so in case of disagreements, theirs always prevails!  :):)

So long as they anticipate Jenkins and Bakhti being back within a handful of games or less, Nijman is only going to be starting at LT for now.  Stenavich doesn't love him at RT, at least not yet.  

Personally I'd love to see what Newman could do in a second year at guard.  But, I'm kinda OK to entrust those decisions to the coaches, they are smart, logical guys who see a lot.  But yeah, I'd sure like it if Jenkins was back, if Newman/Hanson for RG was the only question, and then I'd love to see Newman take that and do well with it.  

Rodgers isn't the doctor, of course.  But when asked about o-line, he said that *IF* Bakhti and Jenkins were back..., as if it's not obvious that either one won't be.  Gave me the impression that even if they don't play week one, it's not like they're likely to be waiting till late October or anything.  

Yeah, it’s the coaches decision and not mine of course. What my eyes tell me is if/when Bak and Jenkins are back we are still better with Yosh at RT with Jenkins at OG than Jenkins at OT and Newman and OG or god forbid Hansen. 

I just don’t see what the Packers do with Hansen at all but admittedly, all we see are the games and not the closed practices. 

These are the stories I’m waiting for this week. Even if 69 and 74 can’t go, no reason not to keep the competition from having to adjust their game plan. I’m hopeful they will go for the opener or a week after. If we activated them off the PUP, they’re in the short term plans. I would really love to have our preferred Oline and a suffocating defense. TOP might just be our most impressive  stat. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cannondale said:

Has Yosh taken RT snaps ? I'm not sure that he has. 

Not that I'm aware of.  (Although team drills are closed to reporters now, so who knows?)If Jenkins can't go, I suspect it will be Hanson/Newman. If things aren't going well though, it may not take long for Tom to be in there. 

On 9/1/2022 at 5:14 PM, MantyWrestler said:

Yeah, it’s the coaches decision and not mine of course. What my eyes tell me is if/when Bak and Jenkins are back we are still better with Yosh at RT with Jenkins at OG than Jenkins at OT and Newman and OG or god forbid Hansen. 

I just don’t see what the Packers do with Hansen at all but admittedly, all we see are the games and not the closed practices. 

No. I **** with Jenkins at RT so hard, dont care who you squeeze between Myers and Elgy it'd work.

#RunLeft

With every last ounce of any little football knowledge I have I dont think that player would be Hanson. I think the staff just needed an extended look at him in game action at guard for the absolute last resort of the last man dressed option.

Edited by HighCalebR

52 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

No. I **** with Jenkins at RT so hard, dont care who you squeeze between Myers and Elgy it'd work.

#RunLeft

With every last ounce of any little football knowledge I have I dont think that player would be Hanson. I think the staff just needed an extended look at him in game action at guard for the absolute last resort of the last man dressed option.

Damn, I hope so

God I despise Bakhtiari.

Got that huge deal when he knew his knee was bad, then goes down right before the biggest game of the year.  Awfully suspicious.

Then let's add to it....he milks that injury for all it is worth and sits out an entire year.  

All to get his name back into the headlines this year as to if he will play.

And he's never been much of a run blocker.  The only way he's any good in pass protection is because he holds all the time.

His real talent is what again?  Chugging a beer?  UW-Oshkosh is full of guys who can out chug him anytime.  Maybe even those kids in Madison can as well.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

The DC they just released has Tom behind Newman with Hanson backing up C. They have to see what everyone can see.

The official (with a note that it’s not official) depth chart on the team website has Tom listed as 2nd LG behind Runyan. I know Tom is draft/camp crush for many. He’s still a rook and will not see the field unless someone else goes down or is a total wreck. I hope he plays himself onto the field this season but would be very surprised to see him on the road week one. 

50 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'm reasonably sure that Newman is going to get the start at RT and is going to look like a human turnstile.  It could be potentially game wrecking bad.  

Im just saying if Elgton is back, im not putting him at Guard. If he's not back... Lets say Im interested to see what they draw up. 

22 minutes ago, Refugee said:

The official (with a note that it’s not official) depth chart on the team website has Tom listed as 2nd LG behind Runyan. I know Tom is draft/camp crush for many. He’s still a rook and will not see the field unless someone else goes down or is a total wreck. I hope he plays himself onto the field this season but would be very surprised to see him on the road week one. 

Oh you right, he is Left side on that thing but whatever he'd be my backup Guard. . We're down to hanson and rookies. Crush or not somebody without experience is gonna find some PT.

Hansons has no more real experience than any of the others.

I wont be mad when hanson gets the nod. Ill just be disappointed