Who do you want next at HC and GM?

ET80

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Rumor is Harbaugh might want to leave Michigan and return to the NFL. 

ILL TAKE HIM

didnt he take Kapernick to a super bowl???? Imagine what he could do with DW4

Last I heard, Michigan was finalizing what is essentially a lifetime contract for him at $10 mil+/per year.  Simple fact is that college coaching is a far better gig than NFL at this point.  Better pay, job security, absolute player control, unlimited top draft picks, better gameday environment, system stacked in favor of blue bloods. Sure recruiting, delusional fanbases, and regent politics are a pain, but dude has so much power he gets to take the team to Rome to practice (London & Paris this offseason) and set up satellite camps so he doesn't have to deal with selling poor kids momma's on Ann Arbor.   Sure, give that up to come work for a right wing racist homophobe & Enron profiteer in a soulless dome for a team that will forever be in the Cowboys shadow and known for it's rich tradition of picking the wrong QBs or getting the right one's killed while settling for mediocrity as long as it has 2 or 3 jerseys to sell to fat drunks eating bbq in a parking lot. 

16 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Rumor is Harbaugh might want to leave Michigan and return to the NFL. 

ILL TAKE HIM

didnt he take Kapernick to a super bowl???? Imagine what he could do with DW4

I'd fire Smith and Obrien and give Harbraugh full reigns. Doubt it ever happens, but would love if it did.

On 11/29/2017 at 10:12 AM, Texansfan713 said:

I'd do the same for Dabo. Either one and I'll be happy.

I still don't understand this take.  Beyond the fact that he signed a $54 million deal that keeps him thru 2024 which will certainly go up in light of the Aggies ridiculous deal for the FSU rape enabler, everything about Dabo strikes me as built for college.  Dude built his program on recruiting, traditions, and getting 18-22 year olds to go "all in." Those competitive advantages don't exactly translate to the NFL with a draft and players with agents who do their bidding as he's basically a really good salesman who has never been so much as called a play or been a coordinator.   Clemson basically runs a beefed up high school offense (used to watch Chad Morris run it at Lake Travis HS) with superior athletes than 95% of their opponents (witness Kevin Steele at Clemson, FSU, Bama, Auburn vs. Carolina Panthers or Baylor).  Furthermore, the bible camp, "'merica has a sin problem, not a race problem" may hold up for college kids who really have no voice, but would love to see how that flies in a Duane Brown / Richard Sherman NFL locker room.

Willing to listen though.  Other than having had success letting Deshaun Watson run wild for 2 seasons and a natty, what would make Dabo Sweeney a successful pro coach and different than Chip Kelly, Rich Brooks, Dennis Erickson, Al Groh, John McKay, Nick Saban, Bobby Petrino, Butch Davis, Lou Holtz, Steve Spurrier, or Barry Switzer?  Jimmy Johnson and Pete Carroll are about the only ones who worked out and Pete only did it after sucking hard for the Pats/Jets and Jimmy sucked 2nd time around without a 1-15 season to kick it off, the Herschel trade, and finally ditching his college QB Walsh for Aikman.  Would Chip Kelly be winning Super Bowls with Mariota right now if the Titans had hired him or did his college system and personnel philosophy simply not translate?  So sell me Dabo people - why is this our unattainable best case scenario? 

On 11/29/2017 at 10:12 AM, Texansfan713 said:

I'd do the same for Dabo. Either one and I'll be happy.

Hmm. Will Swinney (Dabo's son) is a WR at Clemson and the FG holder. A zero star prospect (yes, NO star) is currently suited up and playing a role on the best team in the nation.

I just had a violent flashback of some of the nepotism on display with Kubiak. 

So my boy, Jeff Ireland, who is Assistant GM/College Scouting Director with the Saints has had himself one of the best drafts of the decade over in New Orleans on the heels of a pretty good one last year.  Grabbed offensive rookie of the year Alvin Kamara in the 3rd and defensive rookie of the year in first rounder Marcus Lattimore (remember, many were dismissing him since he only started one year in college). Ryan Ramczyk has put up a Pro Bowl season as a rookie playing both LT and RT.  S, Marcus Williams has been a key part of their rebuilt secondary. 

This is on the heels of grabbing a Pro Bowl WR Michael Thomas at #47 last year and DT Sheldon Rankins slowing slow steady progress to becoming an Aaron Donald-like anchor inside.  S, Vonn Bell started the secondary transformation last year.

Hmm rebuilt an offensive scheme, o-line, secondary in two drafts, success in the 3rd round - wonder if we need someone who can do that?  

Sure, his name became a bit toxic due to the Dez Bryant combine interview leak and overall dysfunction in Miami, but history softens it a bit.  Dolphins dysfunction clearly stems from the ownership level and has clearly persisted in the years since Ireland (Jay Cutler for $10 million, Alex).  Sure, asking most people if their mom was a prostitute might be out of line, but the fact is Dez's mom was arrested multiple times for selling crack, served 18 months, including the year of the draft and Dez himself said his father was her pimp.  Dez went on to get arrested for dom violence involving his mom, the Cowboys basically had to implement the "Dez rules" to keep his career from flaming out, and he was coming off a season long suspension from the NCAA, so it's not like his family and character weren't legit concerns.

As a reminder, two of Ireland's draft finds Jason Witten and Terence Newman are still playing at a high level with one as a sure fire hall of famer and the other still starring at 39 years old.  Miami years included some stinkers, but Vontae Davis, Mike Pouncey, Charles Clay were solid and his final draft has proven to be stellar with Tannehill, Olivier Vernon (3rd), Lamar Miller (4th), and Rishard Matthews (7th).  Not sure I want him as the face of an organization, but he'd make a very solid compliment to a Brian Gutekunst hire (Packers Dir of Pro Personnel). 

Btw - Where are my props for nailing John Dorsey as the best GM candidate on the market?  Browns moved to fire Sashi/hire Dorsey because they knew they had to beat the Giants to the punch.  Mark my words, HE was the brains behind the Chiefs success under Reid and Reid's ego tantrum forcing him out is going to sabotage the Chiefs from ever getting over the hump, just like all those great playoff losing teams in Philly.  

If the Texans don't do something to significantly upgrade this front office with real professionals like Dorsey with a proven track record, I promise you we will be staring up at the friggin Cleveland Browns next year just like we are at the Jags this year.  Heck - we just got beaten by the 49ers at home and have already lost to the Colts at home. Pretty easy case can be made at this point that we are the worst team in the NFL not to have already fired the GM and still not so much as a whisper that either Smith or O'Brien are even on a warm seat.  Insanity!

On 12/10/2017 at 11:49 PM, Apollo Stallion said:

So my boy, Jeff Ireland, who is Assistant GM/College Scouting Director with the Saints has had himself one of the best drafts of the decade over in New Orleans on the heels of a pretty good one last year.  Grabbed offensive rookie of the year Alvin Kamara in the 3rd and defensive rookie of the year in first rounder Marcus Lattimore (remember, many were dismissing him since he only started one year in college). Ryan Ramczyk has put up a Pro Bowl season as a rookie playing both LT and RT.  S, Marcus Williams has been a key part of their rebuilt secondary. 

This is on the heels of grabbing a Pro Bowl WR Michael Thomas at #47 last year and DT Sheldon Rankins slowing slow steady progress to becoming an Aaron Donald-like anchor inside.  S, Vonn Bell started the secondary transformation last year.

Hmm rebuilt an offensive scheme, o-line, secondary in two drafts, success in the 3rd round - wonder if we need someone who can do that?  

Sure, his name became a bit toxic due to the Dez Bryant combine interview leak and overall dysfunction in Miami, but history softens it a bit.  Dolphins dysfunction clearly stems from the ownership level and has clearly persisted in the years since Ireland (Jay Cutler for $10 million, Alex).  Sure, asking most people if their mom was a prostitute might be out of line, but the fact is Dez's mom was arrested multiple times for selling crack, served 18 months, including the year of the draft and Dez himself said his father was her pimp.  Dez went on to get arrested for dom violence involving his mom, the Cowboys basically had to implement the "Dez rules" to keep his career from flaming out, and he was coming off a season long suspension from the NCAA, so it's not like his family and character weren't legit concerns.

As a reminder, two of Ireland's draft finds Jason Witten and Terence Newman are still playing at a high level with one as a sure fire hall of famer and the other still starring at 39 years old.  Miami years included some stinkers, but Vontae Davis, Mike Pouncey, Charles Clay were solid and his final draft has proven to be stellar with Tannehill, Olivier Vernon (3rd), Lamar Miller (4th), and Rishard Matthews (7th).  Not sure I want him as the face of an organization, but he'd make a very solid compliment to a Brian Gutekunst hire (Packers Dir of Pro Personnel). 

I love what he has done in NOLA, but didn't the lock him up with a recent extension? I would bring him in for interview for sure. 

Archived