Commanders Practice Squad

MikeT14

4 hours ago, DCNative said:

The fact that Troy Ape and Danny Johnson still are apart of this organization just shows why this team will never improve. Ron chooses to hold onto dead weight instead of improving depth with talent. That's how you keep a David Mayo around as well. These guys have proven they can't play at Playoff or Super Bowl level. Why keep them around? Replace them with better players. 

Troy Apke, yes. Danny Johnson I get keeping around. What he showed in the preseason is not indicative of how he’s played while with this team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I’m a bit confused by this post. No one has practice squad players who play at a starting playoff team or super bowl team level. I’m definitely disappointed that Ron & company don’t do a better job scouting to have stronger UDFAs like Baltimore & other teams do. I’d love to think that our UDFAs could really contribute on our roster some day. Of course as I say that I think about Rogers & Hodges the two TEs and some of our OL who I think proved a lot this training camp and preseason, but it’d be nice to find an UDFA LB or DB who really impresses us to where he makes the team.

Stay confused. You don't want a Super Bowl as bad as I do. We don't agree in how to build a Super Bowl caliber team. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Troy Apke, yes. Danny Johnson I get keeping around. What he showed in the preseason is not indicative of how he’s played while with this team.

I Agree to Disagree. Danny Johnson was getting burnt all Preseason. He also has done nothing during the regular season to show he is a difference maker. 

Edited by DCNative

23 minutes ago, DCNative said:

Stay confused. You don't want a Super Bowl as bad as I do. We don't agree in how to build a Super Bowl caliber team. 

I want a Super Bowl, arguing about the practice squad is not going to give us a Super Bowl. Having a lot of good starting talent will.

22 minutes ago, DCNative said:

I Agree to Disagree. Danny Johnson was getting burnt all Preseason. He also has done nothing during the regular season to show he is a difference maker. 

He played pretty well last year. He started vs Green Bay & our D played pretty well that game. He had a really rough preseason, I hope he can work out his issues bc he’s definitely flashed before.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DCNative said:

Your practice squad should have good quality players. Danny Johnson and Troy Ape aren't those. 

Practice squads have developmental players. I’d say they are developmental players. If they find other players they like more to develop then I hope they add those players and release Apke or Johnson.

29 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Practice squads have developmental players. I’d say they are developmental players. If they find other players they like more to develop then I hope they add those players and release Apke or Johnson.

They were suppose to look around the league and do some research! I guarantee there was better talent available.

15 hours ago, DCNative said:

They were suppose to look around the league and do some research! I guarantee there was better talent available.

I’m sure the practice squad will shuffle a lot during the season but this is a staff that consistently goes with guys they know. Look a the guard situation. Jon Bostic as well. This is why you don’t allow a headcoach to build your roster. It almost never works. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I’m sure the practice squad will shuffle a lot during the season but this is a staff that consistently goes with guys they know. Look a the guard situation. Jon Bostic as well. This is why you don’t allow a headcoach to build your roster. It almost never works. 

Correct.