Top 5 reasons I guarantee Washington wins Division!

aceinthehouse

Everything is lining up to not only Washington making the Playoffs, but winning the NFC East Division outright.

Below, are the top 10 reasons I know for a FACT, that Washington will be Playoff team. So hang on to your hats, cause this year is gonna be a good one.

3's a Charm

#1) It took Rivera's 3rd year, to really put the league on notice in Carolina. He was hired in 2011 & went 6-10. In 2012 he won the Division, but doing so with a losing record at 7-9. However, in 2013 He would lead Carolina to a 12-4 Division win. See any parallels? Rivera was hired in Washington in 2020 & won Division at 7-9. In 2021, the NFL added a 17th regular season game where Rivera lead Washington to a 7-10 record. Now, Rivera enters his 3rd year in Washington. Yep, that's right! Expect greatness this year. I'm predicting 12-5.

Changing Of The Guard

#2) I have a thread somewhere in here, that shows teams doing very well when they relocate, change name, colors, logo, etc. Now it usually involves major change to a team. Not tweaking of uni's or helmets which it seems like 10 teams did this year. In fact, we did everything but relocate, which they're planning to do as well. But for some odd reason, when a team changes their name, colors, etc? They get inspired & win.

The Number 2

#3) For some weird reason, Washington has consistent success when the year ends in a 2. You should check out my "Suffix year of 2" thread in general for a more detailed explanation. It breaks down all 32 teams & how they've done since their conception in the year of 2. Since it's the year 2022? You can expect great things from Washington.

Rotating The NFC East Champ

#4) It's been almost 20 years, since a team has repeated as Divisional champ in the NFC East. The Eagles did it in 2003-04. Every year, it someone different from the year before. Who will it be this year, since Dallas won last year? Well, if you eliminate Dallas? Washington statistically has a 33.3% chance at doing so.

You Play Who's On Your Schedule

#5) I know as well as anybody, that you can't assume a schedule is easy just because of what those teams did the year before. The NFL changes from year-to-year. But you can't help but look wide-eyed when you see the names Jacksonville, Detroit, Chicago, Houston, etc. And think damn....!!! We might win half those games...Well, I'm hear to tell ya. We're gonna win most those games.

So there you have it! 

I know our team don't look very good. Finished off pre season 0-3 & looked like a continuation of last year.

But sometimes things happen, that cannot be explained.

Call it what you will. Superstition.

Dumb luck.

But if you look deep enough into things that do happen? Sometimes you can find patterns.

They may not even logically make since. 

I'm not gonna lie...there's a little part of me that knows that Dan Snyder still owns this team.

None of his teams have ever won 11 games, let alone win 12 as I'm forecasting. His dark cloud & this franchise gives very little hope, promise & consistency of light to ever imagine a truly successful year.

Jerseys that look like they we're created in a Highschool Arts & Crafts show.

Shirts with a W, that don't even line up right on them.

We are truly the underdog, now. From Wentz on down.

Even with all the patterns of luck & history I've provided, it's going to take a brutal test of metal from this team to show they're even worthy to be called an NFL team. Let alone win & look like one.

But maybe, MAYBE! 

When the season is winding down & the dust starts to settle & the Playoff picture starts to come to light?

Everyone & their mother will see that big fat "W" on the TV screen & think to themselves....

"Those Commanders & that Carson Wentz guy are pretty damn good"!

• Like 1

On 9/1/2022 at 10:12 AM, naptownskinsfan said:

You didn’t mention anything about Madden ratings here, so I can’t tell if serious or not 

I realize Madden is just a game, but they do a very good job a rating a player in many different categories.

It's a good tool to use, when understanding what a player can do.

Take Terry McLaurin for example...

He's 91 ovr(overall) player. He's also an X-factor. It means he has added special abilities that a normal, star, or even superstar doesn't have. The only other x- factor on the team is Jonathon Allen. Is Madden wrong in that assessment? Basically, their the 2 best players on the team.

Chase Young is a Superstar. (He can become an X-factor pretty quickly, but isn't quite there yet.)

Anyways, here are McLaurin's actual ratings.

SPD94
ACC93
STR67
AGI88
AWR89
CTH97
CAR78
THP32
KPW16
KAC14
RBK50
PBK37
TAK41
BTK81
JMP87
RET40
INJ93
STA96
TOU92
TRK50
COD89
BCV89
SFA55
SPM78
JKM88
IBL45
RBP23
RBF18
PBP15
PBF11
LBK22
BSK22
TUP18
PMV11
FMV11
BSH41
PUR53
PRC19
MCV16
ZCV24
SPC95
CIT90
SRR87
MRR89
DRR89
POW34
PRS16
RLS96
SAC15
MAC10
SAC15
MAC10
DAC6
PAC6
RUN10

Edited by aceinthehouse

But anyways, those are just his basic ratings.

Since he's an X-factor?

He'll also have special abilities that normal players don't have.

He might have "Route Technician"

Runs better routes than a normal WR. Means he gets open even more, or better separation.

So even though Madden may be just a game?

It gives me an idea, of what kind of player Washington has, or added to their roster.

So when we sign a player who's got a 65 ovr & been in the league for 5 yrs?

I immediately know this guy is backup worthy at best. 

But when Sam Howell has a 67 ovr, with a 94 in arm strength as a rookie?

I know he might progress to be something.

Carson Wentz has a 74 ovr, I believe. Been in the League a while. Not very good for your starting QB.

Yet, I believe he's going to throw for 5000 yards this year & beat P. Manning's record.

Why? Cause EA & Madden got all caught up in the public bashing of Wentz & crushed his Madden rating.

What should his Madden rating truly be, based off skill & potential?

Probably an 85 or so. But he's going to have to earn it & play well, before Madden gives him a rating bump for the next roster rating update.