Utah Jazz Trade Guard Donovan Mitchell to the Cleveland Cavaliers

J-ALL-DAY

28 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Mitchell is gone in 3 years 

man I doubt it

If he was willing to resign in Utah Cleveland is gonna be like NYC compared to Salt Lake 🤣

If anything Jarrett Allen will be the first one to leave is my guess. That might be why we drafted all those centers this year

Love the move. I wouldve rather send Caris than Lauri, but its whatever. We got something serious going with this roster now. We're going to be a problem for any team we go up against now. Garland and Mitchell are buckets. This is so lit man. 

But Utah did get a nice package. Those first rounders should be pretty low, but this along with the Rudy trade should deff set them up for success. They better go hire Jerry West to make them picks though. 

33 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I’m happy with the return we got for him. I hope that we take Russ contract in a deal that sends out our other veteran guys. 

Leon Rose is an idiot.

Yep. Rose shat the bed here.

How about this:

Utah receives: Russell Westbrook, 2027 LA Lakers 1st Round Pick, 2029 LA Lakers 1st Round Pick (top 6 protected)

LA Lakers receive: Bojan Bogdanovic, Malik Beasley, Nickeil Alexander-Walker

Edited by seminoles1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

How about this:

Utah receives: Russell Westbrook, 2027 LA Lakers 1st Round Pick, 2029 LA Lakers 1st Round Pick (top 6 protected)

LA Lakers receive: Bogdan Bogdanovic, Malik Beasley, Nickeil Alexander-Walker

Lakers are giving up two first round picks for that package? Eh.

Cleveland just wants to make all the big trades this offseason in both the NFL and NBA lol.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, brownie man said:

man I doubt it

If he was willing to resign in Utah Cleveland is gonna be like NYC compared to Salt Lake 🤣

If anything Jarrett Allen will be the first one to leave is my guess. That might be why we drafted all those centers this year

Love the move. I wouldve rather send Caris than Lauri, but its whatever. We got something serious going with this roster now. We're going to be a problem for any team we go up against now. Garland and Mitchell are buckets. This is so lit man. 

But Utah did get a nice package. Those first rounders should be pretty low, but this along with the Rudy trade should deff set them up for success. They better go hire Jerry West to make them picks though. 

Cleveland sucks, lol. If the Cavaliers win a title or make the finals he might stay but if they don't, he's headed to Miami the first chance he gets. 

7 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

How about this:

LA Lakers receive: Bojan Bogdanovic, Malik Beasley, Nickeil Alexander-Walker

The Knicks offered Barrett, Quickly, 2 unprotected 1sts, and 2 protected 1sts. Talks fell apart at the very end because the Knicks weren't willing to include an extra unprotected pick or Grimes. 

35 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Cleveland sucks, lol. If the Cavaliers win a title or make the finals he might stay but if they don't, he's headed to Miami the first chance he gets. 

Well revisit in 5 years. I’m going to make a reminder now. 

But yeah I expect us to make the finals as well within that time period. I expect us to win a ring for real. And honestly Mobleys prime is 5 years from now. I doubt Mitchell is going to leave a team that has what will most likely be a top 7 player in the nba. 

Mobley is probably going to be the best player Mitchell will play with in his career. Idk why he’d want to leave that if he wants to win. But I mean that’s years away. 

Tonight… we celebrate 🥳

Why are we talking about Mitchell leaving in 3 years to troll Cavs fans? That's an eternity lol.

This trade also makes way more sense to them than it did for the Knicks. Cavs can legitimately win a title if some of their young guys improve while the Knicks would be stuck as a perennial first/second round exit at best with Mitchell, Randle, Brunson and no picks/cap.

• Like 1

Love this move for Cleveland. 3 1st rd picks that will be in the 20's, 2 swaps that will more than likely not be swapped, Sexton had some value but you do that for Mitchell 100 times out of a 100, Lauri is a good get for Utah, Agbaji is a rookie with role player upside. Going all in, good for them.