Utah Jazz Trade Guard Donovan Mitchell to the Cleveland Cavaliers

J-ALL-DAY

2 hours ago, FGK said:

2f7.jpg 

I had accepted it was coming, Don was hanging out in Miami with Bam and in New York with Knicks players all summer. It wasn't a secret amongst Jazz insiders that his preferred destination was Miami but they just didn't have the package to get a deal done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Hmm. I'd rather have that New York package.

I think it's clear that Ainge just doesn't really view RJ Barrett as a top tier prospect. The cap implications of taking Barrett/Robinson back in a trade would've meant committing almost $200M to them over the next few seasons. Sexton on a 4 yr/$72M deal is more attractive to me personally then RJ Barrett on a 4 yr/$120M deal. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think it's clear that Ainge just doesn't really view RJ Barrett as a top tier prospect. The cap implications of taking Barrett/Robinson back in a trade would've meant committing almost $200M to them over the next few seasons. Sexton on a 4 yr/$72M deal is more attractive to me personally then RJ Barrett on a 4 yr/$120M deal. 

I'm pretty sure it's $107 million with incentives to reach $120 million, but I do see your point.

However, as good as Sexton has shown to be, he's still ultimately an undersized scoring guard who's bad on defense. Barrett is a big wing that's shown flashes, though only briefly, of being an impact two-way wing. He's also younger than both Sexton and the rookie Utah got.

They also could have made the trade and not signed Barrett to an extension. Just let him play the season out and decided whether to extend him or let him walk.

7 hours ago, catcheryea said:

i hate this ******* division

also doesn't this prevent them from offering mobley the rookie supermax in a couple years?

Pretty sure the rule only prevents them trading for players on those super-max rookie extension.  Not giving it to their own.

5 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Yep. Rose shat the bed here.

How about this:

Utah receives: Russell Westbrook, 2027 LA Lakers 1st Round Pick, 2029 LA Lakers 1st Round Pick (top 6 protected)

LA Lakers receive: Bojan Bogdanovic, Malik Beasley, Nickeil Alexander-Walker

Lakers say no pretty easily.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I had accepted it was coming, Don was hanging out in Miami with Bam and in New York with Knicks players all summer. It wasn't a secret amongst Jazz insiders that his preferred destination was Miami but they just didn't have the package to get a deal done.

Sounds like Ainge did it to spite Mitchell more than the Knicks. 

"FINE, see how you like living in Cleveland!"