Jarvis Landry Domestic Violence Video Released

RuskieTitan

I doubt he gets suspended.  The video shows very little(and all domestic violence is not equal), plus the league chose not to when they'd seen the video, plus her statement.  Where it will hurt him is as a FA next year.  

Which makes you wonder...what must the NFL have known to be so strict with Zeke?  

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

I doubt he gets suspended.  The video shows very little(and all domestic violence is not equal), plus the league chose not to when they'd seen the video, plus her statement.  

He physically shoved her back into the car. Who knows what else happened between them.  Under the letter of the law with the NFL, any degree of domestic violence comes with a BASELINE of a 6-game suspension. That's a "Don't pass go..you gettin' 6-games, kid".  From there, it could go to 8 games, 1 year or a complete ban, etc.  based on the degree of it.  Do I believe he deserves 6-games? Hell no.  1-2 games now that the video is out, that's understandable.

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

Which makes you wonder...what must the NFL have known to be so strict with Zeke?  

As for what the NFL found with Zeke, I don't want to rehash about the affidavits from witnesses (even Ms. Thompson's friend) or the lead investigator's recommendation of no suspension based on her findings (or the fact that she was excluded in the meeting with the commissioner).  No. What I learned, in this forum with all of the lawyers is: "Whelp...the CBA allows for this", "next time don't give the Commissioner the power", "It's not about criminal law...the League can punish even without charges, etc".  Bottom line,  it's about "Conduct detrimental to the League", or in other words, it's all about the "image".. the "optics" that may tarnish the brand.

Fine. I got it. 

So now that the Landry video is out, we'll see what the NFL will be forced to do to quell the ensuing stories, because if they choose to do nothing on the heels of what happened to Zeke, it could be a 'bad look'.  That "We stand up against Domestic Violence" message they just made with suspending one of their biggest players might be seen as empty.  I can't wait to watch the next Dolphin's game to see how they spin this one!

Archived