—-Week 1 vs Stains —-

iloxygenil

With the preseason behind us, looking down the barrel of the first real football action of the year against the Armpit Stains, how do you feel going into this game? What questions do you have? What do you want to see week 1?

For me I wanna see just how we hold up on the LoS. Can our new bigger DL hold up and free these LBs to get downhill and make stuff happen? Can the OL give enough time for a pass over 15 yards to even develop?

I also wanna see how heathy London is and just what the plan is for CP. I want to believe that with London, Pitts, CP Williams and Edwards on the field we could see some very exotic formations that could create leverage. Can they be enough of a threat to make moving the ball easier than the past?

There’s that stupid fan in me who believes the Falcons can actually win this game. 

We'll have our work cut out just from the guys they're getting back healthy and additions. I don't see us getting rolled like everyone thinks, Winston has always been a Falcon killer but he also likes to hold the ball and no Armstead, Penning his heir out too, their left side could be food. Our line has it's questions but not like that, having mobility at QB has to make it a better unit than last year. Our weapon's are underrated, I hope we can make it a game. Smith made a lot out of a little last year and this roster has more talent.

As we draw closer to game time this week I can’t help but feel hopeful. It’s a new season and we have no clue what’s going to happen but there’s something I feel like, with the chemistry this team has displayed in the off-season they’re going to come out ready to play. Feels like this team is ready to punch first instead of counter punch. I wonder if we can get 3 picks off Shamus to get this thing rolling. 

Maybe I’m totally delusional but I think we’ll see pressure on him due to improved pass rushers, but also their OL is just worse than it used to be. 

Kamara may eat our lunch, but I don’t think you’ll hear a peep out of their WRs. This secondary is going to make them earn it and I just don’t think they have any matchups that favor them WR vs DB. Olave MAYBE out of the slot creates some problems, but I think it’s going to have to be Kamara to have a big game if they want a chance to get anything passing wise. 

I shouldn't care because ultimately we have no shot at winning it all, but I'm still gutted because we looked so damn good in the first half. Obviously that Mariota fumble stings big time, he needs to learn how to slide, but talk about atrocious coaching by both Smith and Pees in the 4th quarter. Playing not to lose. Gutless and pathetic. 

There were a lot of things to be encouraged about today, but I'm in no position to talk about it right now. 

2 hours ago, swoosh said:

I shouldn't care because ultimately we have no shot at winning it all, but I'm still gutted because we looked so damn good in the first half. Obviously that Mariota fumble stings big time, he needs to learn how to slide, but talk about atrocious coaching by both Smith and Pees in the 4th quarter. Playing not to lose. Gutless and pathetic. 

There were a lot of things to be encouraged about today, but I'm in no position to talk about it right now. 

I didn’t get to see the end of the game yet. That’s what I was afraid of. The OZ fumble was pitiful as well. We clearly were the better team today that just absolutely choked it away. But I’ll take a loss like that if we have to, to turn this into a winning organization over the lifetime of it. 

I’ll go back and watch more later for sure 

Mariota’s fumble was the difference in the game. Wow what a bone headed play. But the defense came out and played their butt off again. Then why the heck were we in a hurry up? That gave several extra plays to the Stains. This is team is very good, but dang shooting yourself in the foot. Learn from this and go stomp some squads this year. 

But real talk, why is someone arrested for a gun crime playing in the game? That’s insane to me, Ridley bet on a game, Marcus committed a violent crime. This is a freaking joke

Edited by iloxygenil

Early returns from the top 2 picks look encouraging. Mariota Mariota'd, about what I expected from him .... some good, some bad. A hallmark game of sorts to remind us why he hasn't been a starter in years. Frustrating way to finish. Low expectations for the season but if we only win 2 games all year I want them to be vs NO twice.

On 9/12/2022 at 9:13 AM, DM316 said:

Early returns from the top 2 picks look encouraging. Mariota Mariota'd, about what I expected from him .... some good, some bad. A hallmark game of sorts to remind us why he hasn't been a starter in years. Frustrating way to finish. Low expectations for the season but if we only win 2 games all year I want them to be vs NO twice.

Looking back on that game makes me wonder if Ridder would have found a way to win over Mariota finding a way to lose. This football team might be better than we hoped, I wonder if Marcus chokes another game or 2 away how long before he gets the hook.

Don’t get me wrong I appreciate his skill and desire, but there’s a time you gotta know your limit and get that dub. Ridder is a closer.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2022 at 8:22 PM, iloxygenil said:

Looking back on that game makes me wonder if Ridder would have found a way to win over Mariota finding a way to lose. This football team might be better than we hoped, I wonder if Marcus chokes another game or 2 away how long before he gets the hook.

Don’t get me wrong I appreciate his skill and desire, but there’s a time you gotta know your limit and get that dub. Ridder is a closer.

Agree, he is what he is. Game manager but we don't have the defense or weapons to thrive with a QB like that. I'd rather see what we have with a likely Top 5 pick incoming. Going off of history (not wishing it) I think Mariota gets hurt sooner than later and then we'll see.