Week #1 GDT: Raiders @ Chargers - The McDaniels Era Officially Begins

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Raaaaaaaaaaaaaidddddduhhhhhsssss
    • The worst football team in LA
    • I just hope everyone enjoys themselves

I disagree Chargers are a Top 10 Defense, their defensive roster is so boom or bust it’s crazy. Mack is being overrated these days, he’s no where near as good as he used to be and getting by on name. I mean Mack usually always does well Week 1, but he starts fade quick. 

Also J.C. Is a huge boom or bust corner. I personally didn’t want him in FA. I do not think he is going to do well outside of New England. 

• Like 3

On Paper the Chargers are a top 10 defense but much like last year they didn’t show it. Let’s allow them to show it. In a league where they make it harder to defend then score yes I believe McDaniels is smart enough to scheme up some really good stuff to where Carr doesn’t get hit as much. Will he never get hit No but we seen McDaniels scheme up stuff with a bad oline before. 

One more week!

• Like 2

My mom texted me last night "Quite the 🏈 game!"  and I responded "what?" and woke up this morning to "Raiders vs Chargers last night". TV must have done a replay of last years game, but that really messed me up I thought for a minute this morning I completely missed week 1. Hope it's like last year finale lol.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Geezy said:

These are the types of games playoff teams win 🥴😂

Playoff teams beat teams they are suppose to defeat.  Based off of most opinions these are both playoff contending teams.  Whoever loses is not suddenly a non playoff team.  

• Like 1

On 9/3/2022 at 2:45 PM, BayRaider said:

I disagree Chargers are a Top 10 Defense, their defensive roster is so boom or bust it’s crazy. Mack is being overrated these days, he’s no where near as good as he used to be and getting by on name. I mean Mack usually always does well Week 1, but he starts fade quick. 

Also J.C. Is a huge boom or bust corner. I personally didn’t want him in FA. I do not think he is going to do well outside of New England. 

My thing is….who says they can stop the run?

Man I'm worried about Bosa and Mack off the edges.  Mack is one of the better strip/sack artists in the game. Combine that with Carr's propensity to fumble the ball and it could end up being a long day.  For any one that cares, Carr has fumbled 76 times over his carreer and was 2nd in fumbles last year to Dak (he was 1st in 2021)

On 9/3/2022 at 5:47 PM, BayRaider said:

Top 10 Offense though? Absolutely… Chargers are a Top 5 Offense in the NFL no question. I think all AFC West teams are Top 10 Offenses. Going to be a lot of shootouts. 

They have  moments where they look like the best offense in the football and then they play average for long periods of time. I don't think it's Herbert , it could be play calling or supporting players I don't know but right now they need consistency to be a top 5 offense.

18 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Playoff teams beat teams they are suppose to defeat.  Based off of most opinions these are both playoff contending teams.  Whoever loses is not suddenly a non playoff team.  

I personally think that both the Chargers and the Raiders are both going to be in the playoffs.

13 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

This is the ultimate revenge game for the Chargers . We ended their season and they were salty about it. 

If we go into LA and beat them in a game they have had circled, it will speak volumes on the team early on.

Plus the Chargers are relatively healthy which is something they have not been years.  Who I want to win and who I would bet on are not the team for this week.  I think we could easily end up the better team by the end of the season though.

18 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Who do you think misses the playoffs in the AFC west?

I think the Broncos finish last in the division but any team can win the division this year and only the Chiefs finishing last would surprise me.  The Broncos get 2 home games against warm weather teams in their last 4 which is a big advantage but at the same time their last 6 games are against playoff level teams.  Our entire division should be fun to watch this year.