RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Raaaaaaaaaaaaaidddddduhhhhhsssss
    • The worst football team in LA
    • I just hope everyone enjoys themselves

10 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Exactly what has been said all off season.  This is the reason I do not care as much about our weapons.  That does not mean none of them cannot become quality starters but chances are that close to half will not.  If Miller gets hurt we do not have any players I feel comfortable with as starters.  Carr should have been pushing the front office to invest in the line instead of trading for and giving his buddy a new contract.

They've had 20+ mil in cap space since June. So cash is not the issue. Either they believe in their ability to coach this group or didn't see any upgradeable talent. Feels negligent in any event.

• Like 1

I have no earthly idea if we win this one. 

Truth be told, with a the new parts, I can eat a L as long as we look good in defeat. 

Honestly, I'd rather lose and look like a contender in doing so than win some flukey sloppy game. I feel like that was a hallmark of the last few years- win ugly and lose embarrassingly. 

Regardless, we know who I'm pulling for!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Couple of interesting things: Billings 🙂and Nichols listed as starters at DT with Jones and Crosby as DE rather than Edge or OLB. Thought Ferrell earlier in the camp was talking of playing OLB and not traditional DE. Hobbs listed as a top two corner kind of infers he’ll be starting outside maybe? OLine looks very weak inside, I think Eluemunor has been good and will be an OK stop gap.

Obviously just a depth chart that can be interpreted many ways and may not have even been written by the coaches though…….

Just now, Darbsk said:

Couple of interesting things: Billings 🙂and Nichols listed as starters at DT with Jones and Crosby as DE rather than Edge or OLB. Thought Ferrell earlier in the camp was talking of playing OLB and not traditional DE. Hobbs listed as a top two corner kind of infers he’ll be starting outside maybe? OLine looks very weak inside, I think Eluemunor has been good and will be an OK stop gap.

Obviously just a depth chart that can be interpreted many ways and may not have even been written by the coaches though…….

Simpson can pass block. I'm hoping Cotton holds up. If not, I trust Parham to pass block and pull in space bare minimum.

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

They've had 20+ mil in cap space since June. So cash is not the issue. Either they believe in their ability to coach this group or didn't see any upgradeable talent. Feels negligent in any event.

On the surface what you say sounds true but you are not saying is that we have $20 million in cap space this year and $32 next year if we roll over everything leftover so far from this year.  $8 million next will go towards draft picks so we have $24 million over the next two years.  We also have to deal with Waller because we are set up for a 3 year window and a conservative estimate is a $15 million per contract.  So that is an extra $8 million a year over the 2 years.  Now we are down to $8 million over 2 years.  Now we still need to have some in reserve for injuries and $8 million over 2 years is a very small number compared to what we use to do and what most other teams do also.  So no we do not have $20 million in cap to go spend on the o-line and this is also why I have been saying we are stuck with what we have and will have very little wiggle room to improve the roster through player acquisitions.  On top of this it generally takes a year or two for drafts picks to make an impact.  We traded away our top picks from this year so no impact players next year and anything we get in next years draft will most likely not do much until year 3 of the McDaniel's coaching term which happens to be the last year of this Carr-Adams window.  We are not a Super Bowl contender and can not improve to one at the very least until the end of our window which is a huge risk.  That is why McDaniels rushed this process.  He wants to give us a possible playoff team instead of having patience and building a contender.

19 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

On the surface what you say sounds true but you are not saying is that we have $20 million in cap space this year and $32 next year if we roll over everything leftover so far from this year.  $8 million next will go towards draft picks so we have $24 million over the next two years.  We also have to deal with Waller because we are set up for a 3 year window and a conservative estimate is a $15 million per contract.  So that is an extra $8 million a year over the 2 years.  Now we are down to $8 million over 2 years.  Now we still need to have some in reserve for injuries and $8 million over 2 years is a very small number compared to what we use to do and what most other teams do also.  So no we do not have $20 million in cap to go spend on the o-line and this is also why I have been saying we are stuck with what we have and will have very little wiggle room to improve the roster through player acquisitions.  On top of this it generally takes a year or two for drafts picks to make an impact.  We traded away our top picks from this year so no impact players next year and anything we get in next years draft will most likely not do much until year 3 of the McDaniel's coaching term which happens to be the last year of this Carr-Adams window.  We are not a Super Bowl contender and can not improve to one at the very least until the end of our window which is a huge risk.  That is why McDaniels rushed this process.  He wants to give us a possible playoff team instead of having patience and building a contender.

Not really this is because we have 20+ million in dead money because of gruden/mayock.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Simpson can pass block. I'm hoping Cotton holds up. If not, I trust Parham to pass block and pull in space bare minimum.

I’m just not convinced about Simpson. Maybe I’m just not knowledgeable enough about OLine play (a distinct possibility 😄) but when I see him I see a big, physical guy who looks a little lost. He just seems slow to pick up the right guys and I feel like he should be better at run blocking, he looks like he should be great but I’ve just not seen it, maybe this is the year?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I’m just not convinced about Simpson. Maybe I’m just not knowledgeable enough about OLine play (a distinct possibility 😄) but when I see him I see a big, physical guy who looks a little lost. He just seems slow to pick up the right guys and I feel like he should be better at run blocking, he looks like he should be great but I’ve just not seen it, maybe this is the year?

Some of the tape don't lie guys looked at his pass blocking in the 2nd half of the year last year and it was phenomenal. He did a really good job against good interior guys from what I remember. It's just hard to notice when Leatherwood gave up like 50+ pressures on the other side.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Some of the tape don't lie guys looked at his pass blocking in the 2nd half of the year last year and it was phenomenal. He did a really good job against good interior guys from what I remember. It's just hard to notice when Leatherwood gave up like 50+ pressures on the other side.

I like those guys and I just hope they’re right. The OLine could really sink this ship if it goes badly.

• Like 1