2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

9 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Also having a look at Ohio State DE Zach Harrison...his frame is insane at 6-6" 274lbs with near 36" arms...I am wondering though if he could gain another 15lbs and become a UT in this scheme...Poles has seen Chris Jones in KC and Flus has had DeForest Buckner in Indy who have both been dominant rushing inside...Harrison clearly has the athletic upside and if he could gain weight and strength then he would bring a really difficult challenge for most interior linemen.

He could potentially be a base end that kicks inside like Izzy did on 3rd and longs. 

9 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I just think Flus makes sure a big deal of length that it could be on the cards...2nd round is where I have him as well...production isn't there to go higher so he would be drafted on traits...if we went WR in the 1st I would have no issue with it as long as it wasn't in the top 10...Jordan Addison could be special in the right scheme.

I’m really high on Addison. All he does is get open. Reliable hands. Good speed. He doesn’t have prototype size but WRs at 6’0” as WR1 are reasonably common in the modern NFL now. He’s listed right now at 175 lb. I’d be curious to see if he could play at 185-190. That would put him at about that Stefon Diggs size (6’0” 191) - not big, but big enough. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

*** puts blinders on ***

So what I get from this is... you need to use a first on WRs to get a Hopkins or OBJ?

Hahaha...I think what it says to me is scheme fit is everything...very few of these guys had no talent but a lot ended up on really bad spots...we need to focus in on getting guys who fit a role in this scheme to have success...hopefully in the 2nd & 4th rounds rather than the 1st mind you hahaha

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

Hahaha...I think what it says to me is scheme fit is everything...very few of these guys had no talent but a lot ended up on really bad spots...we need to focus in on getting guys who fit a role in this scheme to have success...hopefully in the 2nd & 4th rounds rather than the 1st mind you hahaha

True, and while I haven't looked in depth to confirm, most of those guys dominated college ball through their physical gifts moreso than being technicians. Either they were bullying college CBs with their size/physicality or were lightning quick so 90% of college CBs simply couldn't run with them. 

OBJ was a master route runner and constantly was leaving guys 4-5 yards behind on his outs. He had highlights before the throw, catching a lot of poorly thrown balls in tight coverage, and then a ton after the catch too. I'd be looking more for guys like him, hopefully more sane but still. lol 

On 10/27/2022 at 7:47 PM, Sugashane said:

OBJ was a master route runner

This is where the 1st round WR story really separates the busts from the non-busts for me. Looking at that list above, I see less of the busts being guys who came in as refined technicians vs. those who came in as physical freaks (speed or size) but with unrefined skill. Especially in today’s NFL where DBs can’t be as physical as they used to be 6’2”+ and 215 lb isn’t a need to be a legit #1. That’s what has JSN and Addison 1 and 1a for me. Give me a guy who can get consistent separation over a guy who’s raw with freak athleticism all day early in the draft.

Edited by AZBearsFan
  • Like 2

On 10/27/2022 at 4:33 PM, Madmike90 said:

DANGER!!! DANGER!!! DANGER!!!

13: incredible wr in DHop, best rb in the league 

14: Evans, OBJ, Cooks all good 

15, 16: alright I’ll stop trying to make an argument 

On 10/27/2022 at 6:43 PM, beardown3231 said:

I, like, barely remember AJ Jenkins 😅

he’s one I can’t forget, but mostly cause he was traded for Jon Baldwin, who I was so ridiculously and questionably high on that draft lol 

Every time I hear Poles & Flus speak about what they are looking for in players and how players must fit the system the more I feel we are going to target H/W/S/L guys...Chris Ballard with the Colts who has obvious connections to both Poles & Flus is well known to have minimum athletic standard for every position and will remove guys completely off their board if they don't meet them...I 100% think Poles will be the same...

That leads me to really wish that Texas LB DeMarvion Overshown could tackle better because in in terms of his physical upside you would think he had been built in a lab for that WLB spot...6-4" 220lbs with what look to be over 34" arms...he was recruited as a safety and has retained a lot of speed...great blitzer...can play in space and cover down field...in his last 29 games has 182 tackles...18.5 TFL...5.5 sacks...7 QBH...12 PBU...2 INT & 2 FF...if he could tackle properly you could possible double the sack total and put at least 10-15 more TFL on there...his lack play strength is the main issue for his poor tackling but the fact he into the right spots makes you wonder if we could add 10-15lbs to that frame which would give his that extra ability to hit.

49 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I am not sure WR is a realistic target in round 1.

If we are running the BeaRaven offense there are significantly fewer reps for WR3.

I don't think we are...I think we have taken 10-15 plays from that offence...same as we are taking 2 or 3 plays from offences like the Bills & Giants...Getsy is doing what all good offensive coaches should do...adjust your gameplan to your players and if you see something elsewhere that works? Steal it...

Sean Payton made a living out of it.

4 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I don't think we are...I think we have taken 10-15 plays from that offence...same as we are taking 2 or 3 plays from offences like the Bills & Giants...Getsy is doing what all good offensive coaches should do...adjust your gameplan to your players and if you see something elsewhere that works? Steal it...

Sean Payton made a living out of it.

I agree he is mixing other things in… but this is the BeaRaven offense. We are borrowing plays, personnel usage, and tendencies from them.

12 personnel way up.

QB run game.

Our protection scheme is borrowing a ton from them.

Run:Pass ratio.