2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

28 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I agree he is mixing other things in… but this is the BeaRaven offense. We are borrowing plays, personnel usage, and tendencies from them.

12 personnel way up.

QB run game.

Our protection scheme is borrowing a ton from them.

Run:Pass ratio.

Again, borrowing plays does not mean you have changed your entire offensive style...

I think with Claypool here and even still having St. Brown & now Harry healthy we will see some more effective deeper shots much like we see from the Packers offence...get the OL healthier and we will continue to dominate in the running game which is still much more Packers when it comes to how we use the RBs...just Fields is being ran like Lamar Jackson...bottom line is whatever offence this is it is far more effective and should continue to evolve as Fields gets better...this will hopefully become a Bills like offence that can attack you on every level...

My only concern is Getsy getting stolen away this offseason...not a ton of great HC candidates out there...he had an interview for the Broncos HC job last year...if this offence keeps developing and Fields looks good it wouldn't shock me to see someone trying to get him a year early rather than being too late.

53 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Again, borrowing plays does not mean you have changed your entire offensive style...

I think with Claypool here and even still having St. Brown & now Harry healthy we will see some more effective deeper shots much like we see from the Packers offence...get the OL healthier and we will continue to dominate in the running game which is still much more Packers when it comes to how we use the RBs...just Fields is being ran like Lamar Jackson...bottom line is whatever offence this is it is far more effective and should continue to evolve as Fields gets better...this will hopefully become a Bills like offence that can attack you on every level...

My only concern is Getsy getting stolen away this offseason...not a ton of great HC candidates out there...he had an interview for the Broncos HC job last year...if this offence keeps developing and Fields looks good it wouldn't shock me to see someone trying to get him a year early rather than being too late.

We have changed the offense almost entirely after the mini-bye.

We tan 0 drop back passes in the first half against New England. We run almost exclusively play action, boot, short boot pass protections. We are running more power.

This offense is schematically way different than what we ran prior to the mini-bye.

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

We have changed the offense almost entirely after the mini-bye.

We tan 0 drop back passes in the first half against New England. We run almost exclusively play action, boot, short boot pass protections. We are running more power.

This offense is schematically way different than what we ran prior to the mini-bye.

I would disagree...we are seeing added elements, but we are also seeing core principles of that GB offence.

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I would disagree...we are seeing added elements, but we are also seeing core principles of that GB offence.

This is a vastly different offense.

I am sure that there are some key concepts that have come across. But the core or base of this offense has changed.

I commend Getsy for making radical changes that have been so successful. Most OCs don’t change the system and their profile like this.

If we can run the BeaRaven offense with a more developed passing game then Baltimore we may have the perfect marriage of personnel and system.

Getsy borrowing this crack toss game and power run game and using play action and a ton of backfield action to vary the pass pros likely saved our OL and by extension Fields. 

If it continues he should be in consideration for assistant coach of the year. It is likely what will get him a head coaching job. We are seeing a coach mid season scrap a ton of what they were doing and adapt to his situation and personnel. That is masterful coaching.

3 hours ago, WindyCity said:

This is a vastly different offense.

I am sure that there are some key concepts that have come across. But the core or base of this offense has changed.

I commend Getsy for making radical changes that have been so successful. Most OCs don’t change the system and their profile like this.

If we can run the BeaRaven offense with a more developed passing game then Baltimore we may have the perfect marriage of personnel and system.

We will need to agree to disagree then because I see added elements…not a full shift…and now with more talent out wide I suspect we see even more of those deep throws to help set up the run and in turn take advantage of some heavier boxes when the run is working well.

On 11/2/2022 at 9:56 PM, Madmike90 said:

Every time I hear Poles & Flus speak about what they are looking for in players and how players must fit the system the more I feel we are going to target H/W/S/L guys...Chris Ballard with the Colts who has obvious connections to both Poles & Flus is well known to have minimum athletic standard for every position and will remove guys completely off their board if they don't meet them...I 100% think Poles will be the same...

That leads me to really wish that Texas LB DeMarvion Overshown could tackle better because in in terms of his physical upside you would think he had been built in a lab for that WLB spot...6-4" 220lbs with what look to be over 34" arms...he was recruited as a safety and has retained a lot of speed...great blitzer...can play in space and cover down field...in his last 29 games has 182 tackles...18.5 TFL...5.5 sacks...7 QBH...12 PBU...2 INT & 2 FF...if he could tackle properly you could possible double the sack total and put at least 10-15 more TFL on there...his lack play strength is the main issue for his poor tackling but the fact he into the right spots makes you wonder if we could add 10-15lbs to that frame which would give his that extra ability to hit.

Much in the same vein as Overshown as a freak athlete with exceptional H/W/S/L is Texas Tech DE Tyree Wilson...6-6" 275lbs with 35'5/8" arms to go along with impressive athletic upside as well as strength and excellent hand usage...he has 51 total tackles...6.5 sacks with 11.5 TFL & 41 QB pressures in just 8 games this season...he would be a real difference maker on the DL given he has the ability to slide inside on passing downs as well...

He is an even more productive Zach Harrison from Ohio State who also comes in at 6-6" 273lbs with 35 3/4" arms...

Drafting these types of freak athletes is usually a good way to add some upside to your defence...speaking of freak athletes a FA I would be interested in is San Fran DE Charles Omenihu...another 6-6" 280lbs with 36" arms he is really coming into his own this season...in limited reps he has 3 sacks & 8 QB Hits...still only 25 years old and with upside he could be a quality under the radar pick up.

• Like 1