2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

49 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

DE is a wasteland in free agency.

Fix the OL in free agency and hit the defense in the draft.

I'm not sure I would call the DE group in FA a wasteland...there is some talent out there but given the risk attached to them I suspect we would only consider them on 1-year deals like Ngakoue/Clowney/Davenport...I think guys like Fowler & Green can play roles as well...with that said I feel we need to sign one of these guys and still draft a DL in round 1.

52 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

So much will change between now and April, but relevant to our needs the one thing that probably won’t is that there doesn’t appear to be much about to hit the FA market as far as top end edge rushers go. Because of that I’m inclined to see us get a top OT and DT in FA (Conklin or Wynn at OT and Payne at DT is my pipe dream) and then take an edge with our top pick. 

50 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I hope there are a few high-profile cuts, like Bakhtari and Tunsil hitting the market would potentially take away competition for Conklin.

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

I hope there are a few high-profile cuts, like Bakhtari and Tunsil hitting the market would potentially take away competition for Conklin.

Bak might be done, and I can’t see Tunsil being cut. But Conklin, Wynn, E Jenkins, McGlinchey and even Fant make for a pretty robust OT market. I’m assuming Orlando Brown is back in KC but he’s set to be a FA too. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Bak might be done, and I can’t see Tunsil being cut. But Conklin, Wynn, E Jenkins, McGlinchey and even Fant make for a pretty robust OT market. I’m assuming Orlando Brown is back in KC but he’s set to be a FA too. 

You're probably right, but I'm still hoping for anything that puts the Bears in a more advantageous situation. The more high end talent in the market the more other teams spend, and none should have the cap that CHI has means we should be able to get some top and second tier signings, then be able to get competency/depth around the team.

Its my pipe-dream AZ, leave me alone! 😁

• Like 2

7 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Contrarily there are something like 5 highly rated centers in this draft class..... and for our first round pick, given our current draft position and how the draft boards currently pan out (obviously both of those can still change dramatically), I nearly always end up grabbing the Ohio State OT with our first rounder.

Honestly, I can end up with all 4 of our first 4 picks being on the offensive side of the ball right now on the draft sims, and in basically every case it's still the BPA and at a position of need.

TLDR it's very possible to do the entirety of the offensive revamp via the draft, and rely on FAs for the defensive side of the ball.

Edited by Epyon

3 hours ago, Epyon said:

Contrarily there are something like 5 highly rated centers in this draft class..... and for our first round pick, given our current draft position and how the draft boards currently pan out (obviously both of those can still change dramatically), I nearly always end up grabbing the Ohio State OT with our first rounder.

Honestly, I can end up with all 4 of our first 4 picks being on the offensive side of the ball right now on the draft sims, and in basically every case it's still the BPA and at a position of need.

TLDR it's very possible to do the entirety of the offensive revamp via the draft, and rely on FAs for the defensive side of the ball.

They could choose to draft offense for sure.

DT and LB has a lot of nice options.

The DE talent in free agency does nothing for me. A bunch of guys you are going to over pay to be meh starters.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

They could choose to draft offense for sure.

DT and LB has a lot of nice options.

The DE talent in free agency does nothing for me. A bunch of guys you are going to over pay to be meh starters.

I’d be curious to see if Jerry Tillery could be a fit inside in our scheme. If we claimed him off waivers right now we’d get an 8-game trial run for about $1M. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’d be curious to see if Jerry Tillery could be a fit inside in our scheme. If we claimed him off waivers right now we’d get an 8-game trial run for about $1M. 

We should claim every DLmen with a pulse.

He is having a bad year, but we are non-professional on the interior right now.

• Like 4

Texas vs. TCU tonight should be a really interesting game with a lot of good prospect…one guy who is under the radar and will be completely overshadowed in any sort of build up by Bijan Robinson is TCU RB Kendre Miller…really good size and excellent contact balance but with the bust to rip off chunk plays he is a guy not many have spoken about but has been extremely productive when given a chance…could be a mid-round prospect who surprises if he declares.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Texas vs. TCU tonight should be a really interesting game with a lot of good prospect…one guy who is under the radar and will be completely overshadowed in any sort of build up by Bijan Robinson is TCU RB Kendre Miller…really good size and excellent contact balance but with the bust to rip off chunk plays he is a guy not many have spoken about but has been extremely productive when given a chance…could be a mid-round prospect who surprises if he declares.

Your guy, Jonathan Mingo, is having a nice game vs Alabama

7 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Your guy, Jonathan Mingo, is having a nice game vs Alabama

Yeah Mingo is a talent…just needs to stay healthy…

Rashee Rice with another nice game for SMU after Poles was down watching practice is another positive…

Miller put up some big numbers so looking forward to watching that game at some point with TCU still rolling.

What is the opinion on Tuli Tuipulotu (USC Trojans) as either an Edge rusher or 3 Tech? He now leads the nation in sacks and has racked up many TFL's and a few FF's. He seems better off the edge where he can be disruptive in the backfield on runs and well pass pressure is his calling card. He is 6.4 290 lbs so a bit heavy for the edge but he does have 4.9 40 speed. Most mocks have him as a high 2nd rounder but with his production & combine he might jump into the late 1st (pick 21-30).

Edited by malagabears

1 hour ago, malagabears said:

What is the opinion on Tuli Tuipulotu (USC Trojans) as either an Edge rusher or 3 Tech? He now leads the nation in sacks and has racked up many TFL's and a few FF's. He seems better off the edge where he can be disruptive in the backfield on runs and well pass pressure is his calling card. He is 6.4 290 lbs so a bit heavy for the edge but he does have 4.9 40 speed. Most mocks have him as a high 2nd rounder but with his production & combine he might jump into the late 1st (pick 21-30).

Sign me up. I think he's a guy who can be had in the late 2nd or early 3rd honestly because I don't believe the measureables will be crazy

I've been doing some work on interior OL and one guy who really stands out is Wisconsin Centre Joe Tippman...he is 6-6" 317lbs with length...former OT who brings that athletic ability to the inside but what really stands out is his power where he puts a lot of guys on the ground in both pass pro & when run blocking...in space as a run blocker the dude can really get to the 2nd level...as with any interior player that size he will need to work on leverage but there is a ton of upside...getting him in the early 4th would be a very Poles like move considering what he had in KC on the interior...Tippman could be a long term starter at either centre or guard.

• Like 1