2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Speaking of Safeties...one of my favourite combo guy is playing tonight...Akeem Dent is a guy with a similar athletic profile as Brisker...good range...can hit...could be a nice compliment...Jammie Robinson also playing for FSU is another guy I want to see more of.

Didn't take him long to make a big play haha.

5 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I'm not buying the JSN hype at all. If this was a better class at the top he wouldn't be getting this much praise IMO.

Problem is, who is? Boutte allegedly matured over the summer but he looks like he'd rather be anywhere else tonight. I guess it could be Jordan Addison but he's similar to Mooney

Oops saw you mentioned the disinterested thing in the post above

Edited by beardown3231

5 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Problem is, who is? Boutte allegedly matured over the summer but he looks like he'd rather be anywhere else tonight. I guess it could be Jordan Addison but he's similar to Mooney

Oops saw you mentioned the disinterested thing in the post above

It's only one game but Boutte's stock fell of a cliff tonight.  Just dropped a wide open pass on his 4th target. Scared to get hit....again.

6 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I agree if Mooney shows he can be a #1 then WR becomes less of a need, but we would still need a #2 and possibly #3.  WR would go from top priority down to high priority. 

Perhaps. Everyone but Mooney and Velus are on 1-year deals for 2022. I know you’re not high on Velus, but he’s almost certainly going to be part of their 2023 WR plan. What are we getting from the other guys we have now in 2022, and what would be enough from a guy should they emerge in the WR2 role to bring them back vs. prioritizing a draft or FA addition? How much would a jump in production from Kmet play into the equation? Lots of moving parts to this thing IMO and here prior to week 1 we don’t have any of those answers just yet. 

1 hour ago, JAF-N72EX said:

It's only one game but Boutte's stock fell of a cliff tonight.  Just dropped a wide open pass on his 4th target. Scared to get hit....again.

Noteworthy in relation. I’ve lived the Jayden Daniels experience with him at ASU the past 3 years. It’s… well I wasn’t upset when he entered the transfer portal. 

47 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Noteworthy in relation. I’ve lived the Jayden Daniels experience with him at ASU the past 3 years. It’s… well I wasn’t upset when he entered the transfer portal. 

Meh. Players do this all the time and it turns out to be a nothing. But it is noteworthy in this case.

You think there's some behind the scenes heat between him and Boutte? And/or I guess is Boutte just looking like another usual WR diva? Or both...lol.

He seemed very sour last year about losing the biletnikoff award.

Edited by JAF-N72EX

22 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Smith looked good yesterday and in Flus' defence it wouldn't shock me if he wanted another more rounded safety to play next to Brisker...Smith could fill that role...

Was interesting how little Jalen Carter was used...could be a conditioning or health thing this early in the season...that said when he was in there he was dominant...hopefully we aren't anywhere near bad enough to get close to being able to pick him but he is a beast. 

Whew

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Meh. Players do this all the time and it turns out to be a nothing. But it is noteworthy in this case.

You think there's some behind the scenes heat between him and Boutte? And/or I guess is Boutte just looking like another usual WR diva? Or both...lol.

He seemed very sour last year about losing the biletnikoff award.

I don’t know that it’s behind the scenes drama as much as Daniels not being a very good passer might frustrate his receivers. Daniels has always been a guy to immediately bail and run when his first read isn’t there. He has basically zero patience in the pocket, and if Boutte isn’t read 1 on a play he’s very seldomly going to get the ball. It shows immaturity on his part how he handled that yesterday, but at the same time I get it too. He’s inarguably (IMO) the most talented skill position player on that offense.