2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

On 2/5/2023 at 8:26 PM, Madmike90 said:

Both…he is a good RT who wants paid as an elite LT…hard pass.

Fair assessment.  He is still an above avg. LT though.   You wouldn't hate him on the team.   We should have drafted him to be honest.   

His natural position is RT and he doesn't want to accept it because of his dad's dying wish or money or both.

Edited by dll2000

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Fair assessment.  He is still an above avg. LT though.   You wouldn't hate him on the team.   We should have drafted him to be honest.   

His natural position is RT and he doesn't want to accept it because of his dad's dying wish or money or both.

I think he would be a better fit here than in KC. He is a better run blocker than pass protector and we clearly run far more times and pass less times than KC. 

The cost is the issue for me. I think he may get a market altering contract or near it and isn't a top 10 tackle imo. That sucks to me. Kind of like giving Dalton a huge deal earlier in his career. He was better than most starters but would he have any reason to warrant a deal on Brees, Rodgers, or Brady's level? No, other than him being a FA. 

That being said if he gets the huge deal here I'll still root for him like he'll. I've blinded myself to worse things as a Bears fan. Lol

28 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I think he would be a better fit here than in KC. He is a better run blocker than pass protector and we clearly run far more times and pass less times than KC. 

The cost is the issue for me. I think he may get a market altering contract or near it and isn't a top 10 tackle imo. That sucks to me. Kind of like giving Dalton a huge deal earlier in his career. He was better than most starters but would he have any reason to warrant a deal on Brees, Rodgers, or Brady's level? No, other than him being a FA. 

That being said if he gets the huge deal here I'll still root for him like he'll. I've blinded myself to worse things as a Bears fan. Lol

I would think most GMs feel same way as you guys.  Though Poles was on team that brought him to KC.  So who knows?  Maybe he wants him again.

But I get feeling Poles is thinking of buying a FA RT and hoping he can get one of his target OL in sometime in 2nd.     It is notable Bears never waivered from Braxton at LT whole season no matter what.  I think Bears are probably thinking he can take a step forward this offseason in his development after all that experience.   

My bet is our primary FA OT target is Jawaan Taylor like we have all been saying.  But someone on CHGO podcast brought up a good point.  This guy has never played outside state of FL his whole life (outside away games).   He reportedly really wants to resign in Jacksonville.   So we may lose him to a hometown discount or maybe Miami or Tampa snags him.    But he was in a position battle for his job in offseason.   So if they think they can replace him for cheaper they may let him bounce.   Most often players go where they are going to be paid the most.  

I think Poles is eyeing Taylor and Payne.  They just make too much sense.  Only way he doesn't is if someone bids him up too much past where is comfortable or they get tagged.   I mean if we can all see Poles is likely going after these two so can their agents and so can other GMs.  Games can be played.

5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I think Poles is eyeing Taylor and Payne.  They just make too much sense.  Only way he doesn't is if someone bids him up too much past where is comfortable or they get tagged.   I mean if we can all see Poles is likely going after these two so can their agents and so can other GMs.  Games can be played.

I don’t know that Poles is eyeing Taylor specifically so much as he is on the position, and Taylor happens to be one of the presumed top guys there so fans are connecting those dots. He might just as well have McGlinchey and/or McGary ahead of Taylor on his wish list in FA, or maybe even prefer the draft with guys like Dawand Jones or Darnell Wright. Fans and media often times are far higher on guys than the league is too. Just last year there was a ton of speculation that Bradley Bozeman was gonna get a big FA deal as a C coming off a solid final year in BAL, and he ended up signing a 1 year deal in CAR for just $2.8M. Not saying that happens with Taylor, but the projections that have him getting $15M/yr in FA might be way high too. 

8 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I don’t know that Poles is eyeing Taylor specifically so much as he is on the position, and Taylor happens to be one of the presumed top guys there so fans are connecting those dots. He might just as well have McGlinchey and/or McGary ahead of Taylor on his wish list in FA, or maybe even prefer the draft with guys like Dawand Jones or Darnell Wright. Fans and media often times are far higher on guys than the league is too. Just last year there was a ton of speculation that Bradley Bozeman was gonna get a big FA deal as a C coming off a solid final year in BAL, and he ended up signing a 1 year deal in CAR for just $2.8M. Not saying that happens with Taylor, but the projections that have him getting $15M/yr in FA might be way high too. 

Never know without direct information from the man.  Can only speculate and guess.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I still wonder if a team in the top 10 fall in love with Richardson's upside.

I don’t think he even goes in round 1 personally. He wasn’t even good in college. He was a horribly inefficient passer with a penchant for turning the ball over. Even if he can become an NFL QB, I think that’s a minimum of 2 full seasons down the road. If we were a QB-needy team this year I personally wouldn’t want him in any of the top 3 rounds. I’m all for taking toolsy project guys in the latter half of the draft, but despite his incredible athletic gifts I don’t think Richardson is even a top 100 football player in this class. 

6 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I don’t think he even goes in round 1 personally. He wasn’t even good in college. He was a horribly inefficient passer with a penchant for turning the ball over. Even if he can become an NFL QB, I think that’s a minimum of 2 full seasons down the road. If we were a QB-needy team this year I personally wouldn’t want him in any of the top 3 rounds. I’m all for taking toolsy project guys in the latter half of the draft, but despite his incredible athletic gifts I don’t think Richardson is even a top 100 football player in this class. 

I 100% agree he shouldn't go round 1...for me he is a mid 2nd-early 3 because of the upside...but we know QBs can always go higher...if Blaine Gabbert was once a top 10 pick Richardson could be...as we all know it only takes one team to be stupid haha.

On 2/10/2023 at 3:53 PM, Madmike90 said:

I still wonder if a team in the top 10 fall in love with Richardson's upside.

Richardson is a very interesting case study.  Has all the tools in the world and flashes moments of greatness, but his production has never matched the talent.  I wouldn't take him before the 3rd, but a lot of people think he could sneak into the top 10 in a qb needy draft.

5 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Richardson is a very interesting case study.  Has all the tools in the world and flashes moments of greatness, but his production has never matched the talent.  I wouldn't take him before the 3rd, but a lot of people think he could sneak into the top 10 in a qb needy draft.

I think someone is going to hope for him to be Josh Allen 2.0. 

It won't work out well imo for whoever takes that swing imo.