2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

42 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Im all over Keeanu Benton, as I think he can mainly be a 1 in this scheme, but could also provide some pass rush with coaching, and has a bit of versatility, which seems to be very important for what they are looking for

I have him with Ika, but both of them behind Dexter and Smith. Regardless I'd be damn happy to have any of them here. 

37 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

With everything about Carter as it is - what’s the earliest you would feel comfortable drafting him?

Idk simce im not looking really in depth but ill guess the 15-25 range atm is where id take a gamble. A trade back to get another pick could soften the blow if he trashes out. The concerns about him staying in shape and all are getting more concerning, and with the legal problems to boot?

Top 3 talent but he'd have to impress me with the interview to look his way at 9 right now. 

52 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I was there.  It is sad people died in the street racing, but to me that was not an unforgiveable crime and wasn't stopping me from drafting him.

But with that goofy pro day, there are a lot of bright red flags.      

We don't have the inside info.   We can't talk privately to his coaches and get real skinny on what kind of guy he is.   Maybe he is going through a thing that will pass.   

If his coaches swear by him (in private) and he swears to me he will work his butt off for me and he sends me training tape of him working out like a mad man daily, I would totally take him.     

But for us with just media info?  We can't intelligently say.   Even with all info it's still remains an educated guess on his mental make up.   

Someone may end of getting steal of draft, but it probably won't be us.   

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

i think he's LT specific and i believe that Poles is genuine in trying to keep Braxton at LT and see him develop, whereas (the other) jones and wright can play RT

I can't think of any LTs that couldn't play RT.

Lots of RT that can't play left.

14 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I can't think of any LTs that couldn't play RT.

Lots of RT that can't play left.

why get a first team all SEC RT who the best pass rusher in this draft was the hardest OL he went up against when you could get a similar guy who has never played RT to do it

6 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

why get a first team all SEC RT who the best pass rusher in this draft was the hardest OL he went up against when you could get a similar guy who has never played RT to do it

I love Darnell Wright.

My point was only is if you drafted Paris, it doesn't mean he can't play RT.   And it doesn't mean Braxton can't play RT.

A lot of times you can get away with playing bigger, slower players at RT rather than LT because vast majority of teams play right handed.

So the LT ends up on an island the most.   

Why fewer RTs can play LT very well.   

You could play D. Jones at RT for example, but probably not left.

27 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

So are you trading down or up for him, because 9 is way to early for him and he is not going to last until the Bears 2nd round pick.

1 hour ago, blkwdw13 said:

So are you trading down or up for him, because 9 is way to early for him and he is not going to last until the Bears 2nd round guy.

If it was me: both down and back up. I want 3 picks in the 15-50 range. All the draft's talent is there, that's where I want my picks. It's why I was so upset over losing 32 for Claypool. 

6 minutes ago, Epyon said:

If it was me: both down and back up. I want 3 picks in the 15-50 range. All the draft's talent is there, that's where I want my picks. It's why I was so upset over losing 32 for Claypool. 

Why trade down then back up? Why not just trade down somewhere in the middle then and call it even?

I wonder if Poles would move up, package his 2's to get back into round 1, if they took a DE/DT at 9 and a guy like Jones or Wright fell to the late 20's. He mentioned today "we'll see" about his current picks in the 50's and 60's. We all assume he would go back, but maybe he goes up

22 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I wonder if Poles would move up, package his 2's to get back into round 1, if they took a DE/DT at 9 and a guy like Jones or Wright fell to the late 20's. He mentioned today "we'll see" about his current picks in the 50's and 60's. We all assume he would go back, but maybe he goes up

i thought about that too, but there are just too many holes to fill to be packaging picks to trade up for one player. i could only see that if he manages to trade back from 9 and accumulate more in the meantime