2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

Tuli and LVN would be Eberflus fits based on the fact that they give 110% effort on every snap. LVN also fits the mold from his size. 

I love Keion White too. His h/w was a lot more impressive than I think most expected but he is so fun to watch. I keep trying to find ways to get him in my mock but I don't think it happens

• Like 1

11 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I absolutely LOVE Keion White, I dont think Donald is a good Comp though (his biggest knock was size, and had everything else you wanted)

One big problem is, I dont know where he slots in for the rest of the league, could go anywhere from 25 to 70

We also seem to be more interested in the Northwestern kid right now, but Id be extatic to get White.

Why not both? Versatile freak athletes in waves sounds like exactly what Flus would want. Hell, draft Zach Harrison while we’re at it too. Walker fits this mold. I’d be 100% on board with going OT at 9 then DL with all of 53, 61 and 64 if they wanted to go that route. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Why not both? Versatile freak athletes in waves sounds like exactly what Flus would want. Hell, draft Zach Harrison while we’re at it too. Walker fits this mold. I’d be 100% on board with going OT at 9 then DL with all of 53, 61 and 64 if they wanted to go that route. 

The configuration of the team right now would seem to demand that kind of draft, and if the draft boards are anything like correct it may line up that way 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Because I think they are ultimately drafted very near each other, and both could be gone way before 53. 

Thats why I had the list of guys I hope we get 2 of in the first 85-100 picks. 

My ideal scenario right now is to move down again (a pretty considerable amount honestly) get an extra pick in the 40-50 range (or the equivalent ammo to move into that area) and walk out of the first two days with Broderick Jones, Keion White, Joe Tippmann, Keanu Benton, Isaiah McGuire. If we want to upgrade I guess McGuire to the Northwestern kid, I’m fine with it (honestly I think McGuire will be a better pass rusher, but whatever) but it would cost to trade up for that. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Because I think they are ultimately drafted very near each other, and both could be gone way before 53. 

Thats why I had the list of guys I hope we get 2 of in the first 85-100 picks. 

My ideal scenario right now is to move down again (a pretty considerable amount honestly) get an extra pick in the 40-50 range (or the equivalent ammo to move into that area) and walk out of the first two days with Broderick Jones, Keion White, Joe Tippmann, Keanu Benton, Isaiah McGuire. If we want to upgrade I guess McGuire to the Northwestern kid, I’m fine with it (honestly I think McGuire will be a better pass rusher, but whatever) but it would cost to trade up for that. 

Honestly I’m not sure where any of these guys are gonna go at this point. White and AA could both go top 25 or both in round 3. Both were pretty damn far down everyone’s radar 3 months ago. Being an athletic freak will bump guys up some boards for sure but in most cases only so far, and in their cases there are a bunch of other guys at their positions who were far more productive than they were in college who are also really good athletic testers. It’s getting really hard with the volume of “experts” out there now who has any idea what they’re talking about and who is just throwing darts.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I would like LaPorta and Tippman with two of those picks, it's not going to happen because it's what I want though.

Just watched Adebawore and Keion white highlights. 

Keion idk I love him. He’s 24 already and it seemed like a good number of his sacks were essentially coverage sacks where he took so long to get to the qb but the qb held the ball way too long. 

Addie is one of the difficult guys to scout. He seemed to routinely beat his guy in a manner of ways, using his speed and explosion to time the snap great and get in to disrupt very quickly. Some plays it just doesn’t make sense that he’s already there to make the play. On one rush, he blew past the tackle, then yanked on the tackle’s arm to jerk himself back into the lane to get to the qb because he was otherwise going too fast and would’ve overpursued. But he doesn’t seem to exhibit strength to the point I was wondering if he’d have a ton of missed tackles at the next level. Which is weird because on a couple of his rushes, it didn’t seem an issue against a lineman, but when it came to actually bringing down ball carriers, he just seems weak. 

Laporta looks good too, but is set to go in a spot that wouldn’t be tenable for us to select him. 

3 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

i almost always grab those guys in sims with either pick 53, 61, or 64

If a team takes Benton in the first or early second, it’ll shatter just about every mock I’ve ever done for us lol

4 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Having a look around twitter and some mock drafts and lots of people are taking Paris Johnson Jr at #9…I will be honest…I don’t think he makes it to #9.

It depends on if he’s available at 9

• Like 1

DBB speculated earlier today that if JSN is at the top of the Bears board at 9 that Poles’ MO to date suggests they would take him.

Set aside whether or not he actually would for a second (because I’m not convinced of it). If he did draft JSN at 9, would he then look to possibly move Mooney during the draft? He’ll have higher market value than Claypool, and you’d think either he or Claypool (if not both) would request a trade anyway rather than going into their walk year as a WR4. 

53 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

DBB speculated earlier today that if JSN is at the top of the Bears board at 9 that Poles’ MO to date suggests they would take him.

Set aside whether or not he actually would for a second (because I’m not convinced of it). If he did draft JSN at 9, would he then look to possibly move Mooney during the draft? He’ll have higher market value than Claypool, and you’d think either he or Claypool (if not both) would request a trade anyway rather than going into their walk year as a WR4. 

I think if we draft JSN (which I doubt) he would have no choice but to trade Mooney because we wouldn't be resigning him long term and there are only so many targets to go around...Moore & JSN would take up the majority of them so I could see us trading Mooney for either a solid pick or a good player...

I'm still convinced we will be picking possibly later than #15 when all is said and done...I think he wants to amass as many picks as possible.

If we do stay at 9, I’d put the odds at 60% we take one of the top two OT’s, 25% we take one of the top two CB’s, and 15% chance we reach on DT/edge if Anderson, Wilson, Carter are gone. I don’t expect JSN to be even the slightest consideration there