2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

I think if we draft JSN (which I doubt) he would have no choice but to trade Mooney because we wouldn't be resigning him long term and there are only so many targets to go around...Moore & JSN would take up the majority of them so I could see us trading Mooney for either a solid pick or a good player...

Maybe. We’d only be paying JSN like $5-6M per for the first 4 years, and DJ $16M next year. I think it’s entirely plausible they’d still want to keep one of 10/11 if they drafted JSN, but only one. They could definitely afford it. The reason I don’t dismiss JSN at 9 is because with our new WR addition being a guy already on a larger 2nd contract I think the likelihood they pay both Mooney and Claypool is very close to zero. 

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

I'm still convinced we will be picking possibly later than #15 when all is said and done...I think he wants to amass as many picks as possible.

I think it is a very distinct possibility that we’re picking lower than 9 too. Below 15? That I’m less convinced. With that, Poles said he had 7 guys he thought were blue chip in this draft. If that doesn’t include 2 of the QBs then it’s entirely possible his last blue chip guy is still there at 9 and he just takes his highest player too. That could be JSN or Johnson or Carter or one of the CBs too. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

If Levis is on the board at 9 and the Bucs come calling, what’s it gonna take to move down to 19?

PFF draft sim has it as 19 and 24' R1 or 19, 50, and '24  R2..... 19, 50, 82 would still need a '24  R3 to balance out.

More likely I think Poles would consider player trades in the mix as well. since we have plenty of holes yet and cap space.

36 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

If Levis is on the board at 9 and the Bucs come calling, what’s it gonna take to move down to 19?

According to the point chart that would be a 2023 2nd/2024 1st plus a 4th or so to move up from 19 to 9.  I think I'd make that deal, and I wouldn't hate picking up that 2nd rounder considering some of the DL depth in this draft.

13 minutes ago, Epyon said:

PFF draft sim has it as 19 and 24' R1 or 19, 50, and '24  R2..... 19, 50, 82 would still need a '24  R3 to balance out.

More likely I think Poles would consider player trades in the mix as well. since we have plenty of holes yet and cap space.

4 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

According to the point chart that would be a 2023 2nd/2024 1st plus a 4th or so to move up from 19 to 9.  I think I'd make that deal, and I wouldn't hate picking up that 2nd rounder considering some of the DL depth in this draft.

The Fields trade of 1.20, 5th, F1, F4 for 1.11 could possibly work again here for us. I’d be stoked if it went through. Bucs could very well be a bottom 12 team next year. 

6 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Maybe. We’d only be paying JSN like $5-6M per for the first 4 years, and DJ $16M next year. I think it’s entirely plausible they’d still want to keep one of 10/11 if they drafted JSN, but only one. They could definitely afford it. The reason I don’t dismiss JSN at 9 is because with our new WR addition being a guy already on a larger 2nd contract I think the likelihood they pay both Mooney and Claypool is very close to zero. 

I think it is a very distinct possibility that we’re picking lower than 9 too. Below 15? That I’m less convinced. With that, Poles said he had 7 guys he thought were blue chip in this draft. If that doesn’t include 2 of the QBs then it’s entirely possible his last blue chip guy is still there at 9 and he just takes his highest player too. That could be JSN or Johnson or Carter or one of the CBs too. 

By below #15 I am looking at Washington or Tampa at #16 or #19 for the right package of picks and possibly player.

6 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Works for me, though FWIW PJJ did drills in both a LT and RT stance yesterday. 

i just think that johnson's floor this season at LT would be braxton's ceiling at LT this season. i still believe BJ can be a respectable LT and if Poles decides to move down in the draft and grab a guy like Broderick Jones or Darnell Wright, i'm fine with him sticking at LT and those guys plugging in at RT. Braxton was a much better run blocker than pass blocker last year anyways

• Like 1

If Paris Johnson shows potential at either LT or RT do we still give LT to him as the higher potential guy and flip Jones to RT, or do we keep Jones at LT and continue to hope he’s the guy while transitioning Johnson to RT? 

Just now, Ty21 said:

If Paris Johnson shows potential at either LT or RT do we still give LT to him as the higher potential guy and flip Jones to RT, or do we keep Jones at LT and continue to hope he’s the guy while transitioning Johnson to RT? 

I think its as simple as whatever makes the OL the best unit as a whole.  If Jones cannot play on the right side for whatever reason, then put Johnson on the right, I'm pretty sure he can play there.  I think ideally Jones flips, as far as potential upside goes.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

This is really good technique.  You see how he keeps his hands low, elbows not out from his body, moves his arms for speed, he is on balance and keeps his back near 45 degrees?   That is way you teach it.   

So I just want to check because you know ow way more on OL work than I do. 

When PJ does his kicks he switches from right anchor to left anchor. Is that to show hip mobility, show quick twitch incase an EDGE makes a move inside and he has to quickly adjust, or just to show he can be smooth in his drop from either side? 

I'm going to be helping on my kids' teams this year and I feel like I'm going to be working with the OL and DL more than anything, so I might steal this to teach them more on their drop sets. 

8 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Best grouping goes out. Leno was (iirc) significantly better at LT than RT. Maybe that was due to adjusting to technique and not getting time to get the right side down, maybe he needed that extra year of work in the weight room, or whatever. But I think you practice them both at each spot and the staff should see one pairing working better than the other.

How well they mesh with their OG should make a difference too. 

21 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Paris to LT.  Jones to RT.  

52 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

So I just want to check because you know ow way more on OL work than I do. 

When PJ does his kicks he switches from right anchor to left anchor. Is that to show hip mobility, show quick twitch incase an EDGE makes a move inside and he has to quickly adjust, or just to show he can be smooth in his drop from either side? 

I'm going to be helping on my kids' teams this year and I feel like I'm going to be working with the OL and DL more than anything, so I might steal this to teach them more on their drop sets. 

Best grouping goes out. Leno was (iirc) significantly better at LT than RT. Maybe that was due to adjusting to technique and not getting time to get the right side down, maybe he needed that extra year of work in the weight room, or whatever. But I think you practice them both at each spot and the staff should see one pairing working better than the other.

How well they mesh with their OG should make a difference too. 

He is showing he can play right or left.