2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

54 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

So I just want to check because you know ow way more on OL work than I do. 

When PJ does his kicks he switches from right anchor to left anchor. Is that to show hip mobility, show quick twitch incase an EDGE makes a move inside and he has to quickly adjust, or just to show he can be smooth in his drop from either side? 

I'm going to be helping on my kids' teams this year and I feel like I'm going to be working with the OL and DL more than anything, so I might steal this to teach them more on their drop sets. 

Best grouping goes out. Leno was (iirc) significantly better at LT than RT. Maybe that was due to adjusting to technique and not getting time to get the right side down, maybe he needed that extra year of work in the weight room, or whatever. But I think you practice them both at each spot and the staff should see one pairing working better than the other.

How well they mesh with their OG should make a difference too. 

This is what you want for teaching coaching O line fundamentals:   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HuskieBear said:

i just think that johnson's floor this season at LT would be braxton's ceiling at LT this season. i still believe BJ can be a respectable LT and if Poles decides to move down in the draft and grab a guy like Broderick Jones or Darnell Wright, i'm fine with him sticking at LT and those guys plugging in at RT. Braxton was a much better run blocker than pass blocker last year anyways

Yeah, I don’t particularly care who plays which just so long as they decide right away and then leave them there. 

Edited by AZBearsFan

50 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

This is what you want for teaching coaching O line fundamentals:   

Does he poop his pants in this too? Really put off that Mark Schlereth would have a channel called “stinkin good”

7 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

His playing nickname was stink.  I don't know how he got it.  

It’s literally probably from what I mentioned already. He would pee and poop his pants intentionally during games. He boasted about it when he was on nfln in the last 2000s I think and I’ve hated him ever since 

15 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

It’s literally probably from what I mentioned already. He would pee and poop his pants intentionally during games. He boasted about it when he was on nfln in the last 2000s I think and I’ve hated him ever since 

Well ...  he knows oline fundamentals really well.

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

If we were stuck at #9, and both Paris Johnson and Jalen Carter are on the board, who ae you personally going with?

PJJ. Still love Carter but how he’s gone through the draft process has left me with a lot of questions and concerns. PJJ on the other hand is acing it, also has elite potential IMO, and plays the more important position. I have far less questions about PJJ being at least a solid NFL starter than I do Carter at this point. Fair or not, that matters for me. 

Am I crazy to think Darnell Washington might be the first TE selected? He’s an absolute freak athlete and is an elite blocker at the position, and the other guys expected at the top all have legit questions (Mayer’s athleticism, Kincaid’s back, Musgrave coming off a knee injury). 

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

If we were stuck at #9, and both Paris Johnson and Jalen Carter are on the board, who ae you personally going with?

I think it has to be Johnson just simply because of what it could mean for Fields...we got him a #1 WR...now we need to protect him and while I believe Davis is a quality addition and moving Whitehair to C makes the spot at least professional and better than Mustipher last season I still think that RT spot is such a huge concern we have to put the resources their first...love Carter and still think he will go on to be a quality player but give me the guy who can keep the franchise upright...

Only wildcard here for me is Broderick Jones who I am not sold isn't going to be a better pro than Johnson...especially on the right side of the OL...will be interesting to see what the mental makeup of both is because athletically they are very close...give me the guy with more edge whoever that may be.

Just now, AZBearsFan said:

Am I crazy to think Darnell Washington might be the first TE selected? He’s an absolute freak athlete and is an elite blocker at the position, and the other guys expected at the top all have legit questions (Mayer’s athleticism, Kincaid’s back, Musgrave coming off a knee injury). 

I think this TE group is really in the eye of the beholder...tough to say you can get a "system TE" but these guys are all very good but very different and it really will depend on what a team is going to ask their TE to do...Washington could be the 1st one off the board or the 5th...I don't see any real consensus.

• Like 1