2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

I’ve been raving about Marvin Harrison Jr since his freshman year. Seemed like he wasn’t really a topic of discussion until midway through his second season, but it was clear in his limited action in the season opener against ND that he was something special. The most talented athlete on a field full of talented athletes. It’s funny watching him at the pro day knowing he’s going to end his nfl career with at least 10k yards. That’s not anything I’ve ever said about a prospect before. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

Am I crazy to think Darnell Washington might be the first TE selected? He’s an absolute freak athlete and is an elite blocker at the position, and the other guys expected at the top all have legit questions (Mayer’s athleticism, Kincaid’s back, Musgrave coming off a knee injury). 

It wouldn't be crazy.   People are all over board on TEs.

Most mocks have Mayer going first.

One guy was adamant that Kincaid may be next Kelce.

Musgrave only played like 2 games in 2022 I think.  They are going off potential with him.   

The GA TE that is still there looks better than any of them and I only saw him play in title game.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

It wouldn't be crazy.   People are all over board on TEs.

Most mocks have Mayer going first.

One guy was adamant that Kincaid may be next Kelce.

Musgrave only played like 2 games in 2022 I think.  They are going off potential with him.   

The GA TE that is still there looks better than any of them and I only saw him play in title game.  

Brock Bowers is incredible. He’s part of what makes the 24 class insane, at least on the surface level. Elite qb prospect, elite WR prospect, elite TE prospect, 2 elite OT prospects. Then the next level of guys like Maye and Allen look excellent too. I haven’t scouted any defensive guys yet 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Brock Bowers is incredible. He’s part of what makes the 24 class insane, at least on the surface level. Elite qb prospect, elite WR prospect, elite TE prospect, 2 elite OT prospects. Then the next level of guys like Maye and Allen look excellent too. I haven’t scouted any defensive guys yet 

Sounds like a great draft in which to have two 1st round picks. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Am I crazy to think Darnell Washington might be the first TE selected? He’s an absolute freak athlete and is an elite blocker at the position, and the other guys expected at the top all have legit questions (Mayer’s athleticism, Kincaid’s back, Musgrave coming off a knee injury). 

Pretending Washington is even a reliable receiver at the NFL level right now is just blind hope. Yes he is an ELITE blocker, but he didnt separate well in college as the TE2, he doesnt really run routes, he will never pressure defenses deep, and honestly he was not much as a receiver overall in 3 years in college, sure some really like what they have seen in workouts, but again, when push comes to shove, in real game play, he did not produce as a Receiver.

There are teams legitimately looking at him as an OT prospect already

6 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Is this speculation? I haven’t seen it anywhere. 

Its real, no team is going to say it out loud right now though.

Solak said it on the Ringer show, I heard someone else say it too, cant remember among the too many podcasts I listen to this time of year. And Ive asked friends in the scouting community, and more than one has heard it as well.

He did pop some eyes with that combine catch, but if you look at that rep, he is sooo clunky and pretty out of position, which is why he had to make the catch like that. He is worth trying out as a TE for sure, but Im not going to be shocked if he has transitioned to OT midway through his Rookie Deal

14 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Its real, no team is going to say it out loud right now though.

Solak said it on the Ringer show, I heard someone else say it too, cant remember among the too many podcasts I listen to this time of year. And Ive asked friends in the scouting community, and more than one has heard it as well.

He did pop some eyes with that combine catch, but if you look at that rep, he is sooo clunky and pretty out of position, which is why he had to make the catch like that. He is worth trying out as a TE for sure, but Im not going to be shocked if he has transitioned to OT midway through his Rookie Deal

He isn't that bad.  But he he is huge with good hands.   So he is useful as an actual TE in classic sense.

Red zone target and blocker.

If you are looking for a big WR he is not your guy.

3 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Washington is a guy I'm actually very high on personally, and one of my "pound the table for" guys of the draft (though in all likelihood we simply don't have any picks in his draft range).  I see OT level blocking, and a guy that would let us run 12 personnel as a base offense (and many of my mocks this year have us grabbing Washington then at least another TE later).  I think he was underutlized as a receiving threat but also think his ceiling in a best case scenario is still like 800 yards tops. More realistically he's gonna be a 450-600 yard/year guy who gives absolutely stellar blocking on the edges, which while running an outside zone scheme I think fits perfectly and gives us the capability to play a bit more "bully ball" in what is largely otherwise a "speed and finesse" scheme....   Running a screen pass to a side with Kmet, Washington, and then either Claypool (size) or Mooney (effort) all blocking for Moore (or even VJJ) underneath sounds absolutely brutal for a defense to try and counter..... I'd add that another factor is he wouldn't just be like having a 6th linemen, he'd be insurance against our RT sucking (by being able to chip), and would be able to legally go downfield on passing plays and be in a position to absolutely destroy a 180-200lb DB with a downfield block too spring a bigger play. Finally, I'd point out that it's also more blocking for Fields (both running and pass pro), and a potential reliable check down option.

Guy is just a straight Parcells "Planet Earth" theory mismatch that absolutely changes an offense and forces a defense to adjust.

Edited by Epyon
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Epyon said:

Washington is a guy I'm actually very high on personally, and one of my "pound the table for" guys of the draft (though in all likelihood we simply don't have any picks in his draft range).  I see OT level blocking, and a guy that would let us run 12 personnel as a base offense (and many of my mocks this year have us grabbing Washington then at least another TE later).  I think he was underutlized as a receiving threat but also think his ceiling in a best case scenario is still like 800 yards tops. More realistically he's gonna be a 450-600 yard/year guy who gives absolutely stellar blocking on the edges, which while running an outside zone scheme I think fits perfectly and gives us the capability to play a bit more "bully ball" in what is largely otherwise a "speed and finesse" scheme....   Running a screen pass to a side with Kmet, Washington, and then either Claypool (size) or Mooney (effort) all blocking for Moore (or even VJJ) underneath sounds absolutely brutal for a defense to try and counter..... I'd add that another factor is he wouldn't just be like having a 6th linemen, he'd be insurance against our RT sucking (by being able to chip), and would be able to legally go downfield on passing plays and be in a position to absolutely destroy a 180-200lb DB with a downfield block too spring a bigger play. Finally, I'd point out that it's also more blocking for Fields (both running and pass pro), and a potential reliable check down option.

Guy is just a straight Parcells "Planet Earth" theory mismatch that absolutely changes an offense and forces a defense to adjust.

He reminds me of Marcedes Lewis from a blocking pov. Not sure that's a compliment though especially as a top 60 pick

Have to love that Stroud, Young & now Levis have all looked really good at their pro days…add in Richardson who someone will probably fall in love with and you either have 4 QBs going in the top 8 picks pushing good players to us or you have teams falling over themselves if one of these guys starts to fall.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Have to love that Stroud, Young & now Levis have all looked really good at their pro days…add in Richardson who someone will probably fall in love with and you either have 4 QBs going in the top 8 picks pushing good players to us or you have teams falling over themselves if one of these guys starts to fall.

The latter is what I hope for most of all 

8 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

The latter is what I hope for most of all 

Either scenario would be great for me. With that said, looking at the trade value chart in order for us to get another pick in R2 we’d have to move back pretty far from 9. I looked at a potential move back with NE (14) for example:

Our pick:

1-9 (1350)

NE’s picks:

1-14 (1100)

2-46 (440)

3-76 (220)

4-107 (80)

4-117 (60)

4-135 (38.5)

By the chart, going from 9-14 would only met us a mid 3 and a late 4. For that return in most scenarios I’d probably just rather pick 9th tbh. 

26 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Either scenario would be great for me. With that said, looking at the trade value chart in order for us to get another pick in R2 we’d have to move back pretty far from 9. I looked at a potential move back with NE (14) for example:

Our pick:

1-9 (1350)

NE’s picks:

1-14 (1100)

2-46 (440)

3-76 (220)

4-107 (80)

4-117 (60)

4-135 (38.5)

By the chart, going from 9-14 would only met us a mid 3 and a late 4. For that return in most scenarios I’d probably just rather pick 9th tbh. 

lets say we get the 3rd and 4th though and move back 5 spots. We could still potentially get a guy like Jones or Wright to man RT and use the 3rd and/or 4th to move up in the 2nd from 53 or 61 for a guy that drops