2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

24 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

lets say we get the 3rd and 4th though and move back 5 spots. We could still potentially get a guy like Jones or Wright to man RT and use the 3rd and/or 4th to move up in the 2nd from 53 or 61 for a guy that drops

Maybe. I said “in most scenarios” because it obviously will depend on who’s available at 9. In your example say PJJ went before 9 and there is real worry that NE is targeting an OL at 9. Now you’re left hoping that PHI (as a G), TEN and/or HOU don’t take Wright before our pick comes back around. Wright is a prospect I like a lot but he’s also strictly a RT where PJJ and Jones both project to either OT spot. There’s a lot of value in that IMO. 

28 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Is it just me, or is Chad Reuter's mock draft he just released hilariously bad?  https://www.nfl.com/news/four-round-2023-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-qbs-go-1-2-3-after-colts-trade-up

i was reading something a little bit ago and they mentioned walter football and i thought to myself "huh, i remember looking their mocks years ago, but i stopped doing it. let me head over there and see what theirs look like"

it's terrible. guys are ALL over the place. the site claims its updated weekly, but i just saw a guy (ainias smith) go in the 5th round in his mock....but smith went back to school. analysis for teams are just way off all over the place, it's like he does pay attention or gets an idea/thought in his head and runs with it for the entire year

just terrible overall

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TankWilliams said:

Is it just me, or is Chad Reuter's mock draft he just released hilariously bad?  https://www.nfl.com/news/four-round-2023-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-qbs-go-1-2-3-after-colts-trade-up

The Bears pick is terrible and Torrence going that high would be a very Washington thing to do, but I don't think any other picks are huge leaps

39 minutes ago, G08 said:

You guys.

Talk me out of this..

Do you know how stupid these two runs are!? My good GOD.

(I want to draft this kid at #9)

As much as I’ve hated going OL in the first in the past because I am a small brained fan that loves skills positions, I’d most prefer we either go Paris Johnson at 9 or trade down and still get a trench guy. To ignore it is to forget what everything looked like for Fields last year. If he endures that again, he physically won’t survive the season. Straight up the only change weve made was an OG and once Teven gets injured again, our line is back to being hell

Buuuuuut, I don’t make the picks. If Poles decides Bijan is the absolute highest value player we can get at 9, im trusting him (and lowkey being excited even though it’s incredibly dumb to take a rb in the top 25 anymore lol). He’d be the most physically gifted rb in a bears jersey since sweetness. 

4 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

As much as I’ve hated going OL in the first in the past because I am a small brained fan that loves skills positions, I’d most prefer we either go Paris Johnson at 9 or trade down and still get a trench guy. To ignore it is to forget what everything looked like for Fields last year. If he endures that again, he physically won’t survive the season. Straight up the only change weve made was an OG and once Teven gets injured again, our line is back to being hell

Buuuuuut, I don’t make the picks. If Poles decides Bijan is the absolute highest value player we can get at 9, im trusting him (and lowkey being excited even though it’s incredibly dumb to take a rb in the top 25 anymore lol). He’d be the most physically gifted rb in a bears jersey since sweetness. 

I'm from the Jimmy Johnson school of you can draft linemen anywhere so long as they have the right traits, athleticism and intelligence. After that, coach 'em up.

Bijan is S-P-E-C-I-A-L man...

Edited by G08

6 minutes ago, G08 said:

I'm from the Jimmy Johnson school of you can draft linemen anywhere so long as they have the right traits, athleticism and intelligence. After that, coach 'em up.

Bijan is S-P-E-C-I-A-L man...

Is he if he has nowhere to go?

27 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Is he if he has nowhere to go?

Bro we led the league in rushing last year with no threats in the passing game.

If Khalil Herbert can average 5.7 a clip, what do you think Bijan can do?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, G08 said:

You guys.

Talk me out of this..

Talk you out of it?

No. 😁

Honestly I wouldn't hate it. He wouldn't be my pick at 9 but if he was there and Poles said it was BPA I'd be completely in agreement that he was the pick. Bijan is more talented than Forte was, as a runner and receiver. He and Fields would be a nightmare duo 

Also to protect Fields Bijan would be an incredible safety net for him. Quick dump offs mean less hits Fields takes in the pocket, and THOSE hits are more dangerous than his hits in the open field imo. Especially if Getsy focuses on getting Fields to know when to get down and how to slide. 

Wouldn't mind Bijan at all tbh..... Though I do think he'll be less explosive in the NFL... his 40 time is solid, but it's not elite. H'es a definite bell cow RB that does it all.

Jahmyr Gibbs on the other hand, I think would be absolutely lethal in this offense, but he's part time player.

And I'd love to get either of the above with Keaton Mitchell late in the draft. That kid has all of Gibb's speed, more agility, slighter faster acceleration, and receiving ability.... but is going to go later way because he's 180lbs. Great 3rd doown option though, and would bring a slightly unique skillset and perhaps replace Herbert longer term.

Edited by Epyon

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

If Wilson gets to #9 then I have a really hard time seeing us passing him up.

I'd still rather go offensive tackle or trade down again personally, but yeah his upside at edge is hard to ignore.. 

He apparently said he'll do a personal pro day for teams in April, too. 

I be curious to know how much hardware he had in/and removed. Kind of a weird timeline his doc gave too.... Bones usually take 6-8 weeks, not 3-4.... And hardware removal is only impacting the bone via the holes left from the screws...whatever the injury itself was should be long healed already.