2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

Just now, Epyon said:

I'd still rather go offensive tackle or trade down again personally, but yeah his upside at edge is hard to ignore.. 

He apparently said he'll do a personal pro day for teams in April, too. 

I be curious to know how much hardware he had in/and removed. Kind of a weird timeline his doc gave too.... Bones usually take 6-8 weeks, not 3-4.... And hardware removal is only impacting the bone via the holes left from the screws...whatever the injury itself was should be long healed already. 

My plan right now would be to trade down and take an OT but I think some players just have to make you rethink that...Wilson is one of those few players...for me in a 4-3 D he is the #1 edge player in this draft and getting him at #9 would be a steal...

The injury checks will of course be important but there has been nothing that has come out publicly that would give me cause for concern that there is something else underlying. 

There seems to be solid starting talent with upside in late first through first 1/4 of second.  

A trade down out of 9 to later first and picking up a 2nd in that range and whatever else if possible would be ideal.  

If you want an OT you are going to have to get one in first I think, but it doesn’t have to be 9.  To contrary it seems 9 is a little high for any of them.

Also, started watching Tippman out of WI.  He is a good athlete.  Keep finding new guys I like.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

My plan right now would be to trade down and take an OT but I think some players just have to make you rethink that...Wilson is one of those few players...for me in a 4-3 D he is the #1 edge player in this draft and getting him at #9 would be a steal...

The injury checks will of course be important but there has been nothing that has come out publicly that would give me cause for concern that there is something else underlying. 

Only way I stay at 9 is for Wilson, Carter or Anderson

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Not in on Paris Johnson? 

9 is a little rich for him.  That would be a need pick.  

But if you don’t get him at 9 without a trade you aren’t getting him. He is gone before we pick again.  As likely are all the viable OTs.  

That is dilemma.  A trade down in first solves the problem.  But you need a partner. 

34 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

9 is a little rich for him.  That would be a need pick.  

But if you don’t get him at 9 without a trade you aren’t getting him. He is gone before we pick again.  As likely are all the viable OTs.  

That is dilemma.  A trade down in first solves the problem.  But you need a partner. 

I think as an immediate grade it may be too high, but Johnson has won me over. A guy with potential top 10 LT or RT is absolutely worth a top 10 pick imo. I prefer Wright in the 2nd but if the guy turns into a high performing OT then Poles kills the pick regardless. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

I think as an immediate grade it may be too high, but Johnson has won me over. A guy with potential top 10 LT or RT is absolutely worth a top 10 pick imo. I prefer Wright in the 2nd but if the guy turns into a high performing OT then Poles kills the pick regardless. 

I think we may be undervaluing the Senior Bowl angle at OL. Getsy had the following OL on his squad there:

G/C Steve Avila 

C John Michael Schmitz

RT Darnell Wright

OG Tyler Steen

RT Wanya Morris 

OT Matthew Bergeron

OG O’Cyrus Torrence 

OG Nick Broeker

OG Emil Ekiyor (who NFL.com lists Nate Davis as a player comp)

OT Richard Gouriage 

I think it’s really likely we somehow end up with at least one of those guys on our squad.

26 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I think we may be undervaluing the Senior Bowl angle at OL. Getsy had the following OL on his squad there:

G/C Steve Avila 

C John Michael Schmitz

RT Darnell Wright

OG Tyler Steen

RT Wanya Morris 

OT Matthew Bergeron

OG O’Cyrus Torrence 

OG Nick Broeker

OG Emil Ekiyor (who NFL.com lists Nate Davis as a player comp)

OT Richard Gouriage 

I think it’s really likely we somehow end up with at least one of those guys on our squad.

For me the most interesting one of that list is Wanya Morris...we know that in this offence you can build a talented OL with later mid-late round picks because it works so much as a unit in comparison to a more power/man based scheme...if they have seen something in Morris at the senior bowl he could be the one OL who could step in at RT and be an effective player given his athletic upside and length...if you can pass up a 1st round OT because you really like a guy like Morris in even say the 3rd round which would be a reach but ensures you get him then you really can build up a huge amount of capital over this and even the next draft.

Rewatched a couple edges highlights. 
•Tyree Wilson is noticeably very slow getting off the snap several times. It seems almost deliberate for some reason. He has tremendous power and burst once he gets going, but yeah getting off is pretty slow and variety of passing rushing moves seems pretty limited. He had success several times breaking through double teams, which shows tremendous bull rushing potential but limited in other stuff potentially. Being injured and not participating in his pro day has some belligerent fans saying he’s not a top 10 pick. 

Isaiah Foskey. It’s clear from his film he has the most success when he’s operating out of a 2 Pt stance and feature best obviously in what he’s more familiar in: a 3-4. He also seems to run straight up with no lean when he’s rushing. He’d probably be a risky pick for what we’d ask of him in a 4-3 here. 

Tuli Tuipulotu. He does a little bit of everything well but idk if he steps in and has a day one impact. I think he’s potentially a couple years prospect, especially if we’d be wanting him to bulk up and flip to 4-3 3T. 

50 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

It hurts we struck out in FA OT market.  Puts us in a situation where we have to sign a vet journeyman or address it early in draft.  

It would be nice to have more freedom. 

People are going to lose their **** if he doesn’t take an OT with our first pick from where we’re at right now, and that’s fair, but at the same time he obviously doesn’t have any qualms about starting a lower round drafted traits rookie either.

I’d like to see him sign someone like Wynn or Fant before the draft (both of whom have LT/RT versatility), but would either want to sign here right now knowing we may very well draft a guy in R1 we expect to start over them in 4 weeks? 

54 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

People are going to lose their **** if he doesn’t take an OT with our first pick from where we’re at right now, and that’s fair, but at the same time he obviously doesn’t have any qualms about starting a lower round drafted traits rookie either.

I’d like to see him sign someone like Wynn or Fant before the draft (both of whom have LT/RT versatility), but would either want to sign here right now knowing we may very well draft a guy in R1 we expect to start over them in 4 weeks? 

Reiff had no issue doing so last year because the money was right.

I don't think I'll lose my **** if they don't take a RT at 9 (or 12, 13, 16, 19, etc) but I will if neither of the 2's are OT's. All this talk about unlimited money and a ton of draft picks to help Fields will go down the toilet, unless you think 1 WR and 1 OG is enough help