2023 NFL Draft Prospects

Madmike90

Again, just for sh**s & giggles if we would luck into the 1OA pick I would dangle it to Detroit for this year´s 4th, 15th, a 2024 2nd, & a 2024 3rd. I think that would be a huge haul for them to have a chance to select CJ Stroud if Poles sticks with Fields. Just spitballin on a Sunday mornin.

Detroit Lions 2023 picks:

4, 15, 35, 66, 97, 132, 163, 177

On 10/15/2022 at 12:24 AM, WindyCity said:

The WR free agent class sucks.

That has to play into the draft plans 

If we end up with a top-5 pick tho, and aren't able to trade down, there aren't really any WR worth the pick (so far this season)

I would give all the money to elgton jenkins, orlando brown, garrett bradbury and hope to get 2/3 of those guys. i would also throw a wad at daron payne. We have the cap space and the lines are where FA is stronger this year. 

Grab a pass rusher with rd 1 pick - then HAMMER playmakers in 2-4

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, malagabears said:

Again, just for sh**s & giggles if we would luck into the 1OA pick I would dangle it to Detroit for this year´s 4th, 15th, a 2024 2nd, & a 2024 3rd. I think that would be a huge haul for them to have a chance to select CJ Stroud if Poles sticks with Fields. Just spitballin on a Sunday mornin.

If Stroud became a superstar on a division rival and Poles traded them the pick to land him… He may not be safe in Chicago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, malagabears said:

If the Bears are drafting #1, I'd much rather take Young or get the Texans' two 1st rounders+. Let's not give Detroit a chance at Young

Edited by beardown3231

On 10/15/2022 at 11:23 PM, WindyCity said:

The Bears having the 1st overall pick would be the most compelling drama in my lifetime, outside of 2006.

Poles picks right and he is likely the GM for a decade.

Pick wrong and it will be what takes him down.

Holy hell that would be exciting.

The only right thing Poles could do in that situation is to trade down for a huge haul...but that's just my opinion.

I don't see how drafting Bryce Young or CJ Stroud would put us in any better of a situation at this time next season 

I think you gotta stick with Fields for at least another season regardless of how this one goes, barring a catastrophic injury of course 

Maybe drafting a QB in the mid rounds to put a little heat on Justin is the better play while using the other picks to stock like the OL DL and WR positions 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, topwop1 said:

The only right thing Poles could do in that situation is to trade down for a huge haul...but that's just my opinion.

I don't see how drafting Bryce Young or CJ Stroud would put us in any better of a situation at this time next season 

I think you gotta stick with Fields for at least another season regardless of how this one goes, barring a catastrophic injury of course 

Maybe drafting a QB in the mid rounds to put a little heat on Justin is the better play while using the other picks to stock like the OL DL and WR positions 

If you think Bryce Young is a better QB you should probably pick him…

The goal is to get the best QB possible, which is why if we end up picking super high things could get interesting.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WindyCity said:

If you think Bryce Young is a better QB you should probably pick him…

The goal is to get the best QB possible, which is why if we end up picking super high things could get interesting.

Agreed but I personally am not convinced on either Young or Stroud at number 1, which I doubt we end up picking anyway 

Unless it's a generational QB talent we are talking about then I am looking to upgrade other areas around Fields 

People love to complain about the OL WR and other weak positions on the roster when mentioning not helping our young QB out but yet are talking about giving up on him and now looking to draft another QB who will likely  be in another crappy situation next year unless the team gets lucky and is able to land quality FAs or later draft picks to upgrade  those spots 

• Like 1

Has anyone watched Drake Maye from UNC? He is a freshman (Redshirt methinks) and has a prototypical franchise QB frame. I think he can rise to be a top 3 pick in the 2024 draft or 1OA if he keeps developing.

He has thrown for over 2K yards, 24 TD's, & 3 ints in 6 games. He has good pocket presence/awareness, scrambles well, but only runs a higher 4.8 40 IIRC. He also has a cannon for an arm.

Edited by malagabears

It's almost impossible to predict where we will be picking in the draft right now given there are so many bad teams and everyone is beating everyone...that said if we are not in a position to draft a top interior DL early I really like Tyler Davis out of Clemson in the mid rounds...6-2" 300lbs with good length and explosiveness he is an idea fit in that rotational spot at UT and would up our pass rush ability.

Also having a look at Ohio State DE Zach Harrison...his frame is insane at 6-6" 274lbs with near 36" arms...I am wondering though if he could gain another 15lbs and become a UT in this scheme...Poles has seen Chris Jones in KC and Flus has had DeForest Buckner in Indy who have both been dominant rushing inside...Harrison clearly has the athletic upside and if he could gain weight and strength then he would bring a really difficult challenge for most interior linemen.

11 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Also having a look at Ohio State DE Zach Harrison...his frame is insane at 6-6" 274lbs with near 36" arms...I am wondering though if he could gain another 15lbs and become a UT in this scheme...Poles has seen Chris Jones in KC and Flus has had DeForest Buckner in Indy who have both been dominant rushing inside...Harrison clearly has the athletic upside and if he could gain weight and strength then he would bring a really difficult challenge for most interior linemen.

if we think he'll be there in the 2nd i have no problem grabbing him and see what he could do as a 3T. would open us up to take WR/OT in the first, depending on where we pick and if we could trade down or not

2 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

if we think he'll be there in the 2nd i have no problem grabbing him and see what he could do as a 3T. would open us up to take WR/OT in the first, depending on where we pick and if we could trade down or not

I just think Flus makes sure a big deal of length that it could be on the cards...2nd round is where I have him as well...production isn't there to go higher so he would be drafted on traits...if we went WR in the 1st I would have no issue with it as long as it wasn't in the top 10...Jordan Addison could be special in the right scheme.