GDT!!!! Gmen vs. Titans @ 4:25 pm EST

Giants4eva

Welcome back fellow Giants bretheran! its about to be week 1 not far from now as i write this (9/3/2022). We start out this season with a new regime, from the GM to the coaching staff. I really hope we see something positive in this opener in Tennessee. 

So.. Daniel Jones returns to be our QB1.. honestly cant complain that much about him after what we saw in preseason. They ran it very vanilla to begin learning Dabolls offense and getting everyone on the same page. The big question for us on the offensive side of the ball is can this revamped oline hold up to give DJ time to throw and hit his targets in Shep, Barkley, Golladay and Toney. Well see. This Titans D is no joke. Jeffery Simmons is a beast and Bud Dupree coming off that edge will be a great test for Andrew Thomas in game 1. Caleb Farley is a corner i loved in the previous draft from about 2 years ago and hes a go for the Titans this season and then u have the best safety in football in Byard roaming the deep of the field. With them not having Harold Landry to come at us gives us a leg up. Well see if we can manage to get open. Toney is as much a ? mark as Golladay at this point. 

Defensively im very worried. This team no longer has Blake, Kayvon and Azeez we dont know will be ready for week 1.. our #2 corner is a glaring weakness and i can see Ryan Tannehill feasting all day over Aaron Robinson and on top of that we just dont generate alot of push of front at all. And with King Henry on that other side of the field.. Good luck. Big Dex and Leonard are viable up front but theres nobody else behind them that really will stand out at all. Winks D depends heavily on standout corners to blitz or come at the QB from all over the place and right now we just dont have anyone at the CB slot that stands out he could use.  The Titans also have a healthy Robert Woods coming in and Austin Hooper has been a solid TE for them. So this could get messy. 

Just don't see us winning this one at all, definitely not in the Titans house. Just wanna see cohesion and better play out of this team in week 1 and then go from there. 

Titans 34 / Giants 20

Edited by Giants4eva
  • Like 2

Yeah the titans Defense is pretty good. But this is a put up or shut up season for Jones. He either balls out against the best defenses or he’s out of the job. It’s that simple. Our Defense isn’t good already and it’s potentially missing its best two edge rushers and #2 corner. Jones needs to prove he’s worth the QB going rate or we win maybe 5 games this year. 

Edited by YogiBiz

I've already written this off as an L. But what I'd love to see is some competence on offense. Well executed drives, big impact plays, SB in space with the ball, designed plays for Toney, and DJ with some confidence. Given the anemic offenses we've fielded the past few years just having some success even with an L would go a long way towards building confidence for the more winnable games this season. Just show me something to be hopeful about. Show me that the season isn't going to be over by week 6.

• Like 1

I honestly think we match up okay defensively in this one. They are relying on Robert Woods and Treylon Burks in the passing game. We have no idea how Burks is going to adjust in the NFL so maybe it's already a coming out party for him but with our weak secondary, maybe this receiving corps is a nice way to get our feet wet. Derrick Henry is a beast but I still believe this defense will be strong against the run. Not saying we'll shut him down but I think there's an opportunity to keep this game close.

The offense is just a complete question mark. It should be really interesting. I expect a ton of Saquon in this one and hey, maybe this OL is legit on the ground! 

Ultimately, we still find a way to lose this one: TEN 28 NYG 24

The good news is this game felt like we should be down 21 or 24 to nothing. Some how we are only down by 13. We also didn't give up any points after the 2 minute warning for a change. From what I have seen the left guard is an issue, when DT's are not blowing past him, he is getting penalties.  I believe the rookie guard has held up well all things considered. 

Offense wise Barkley looks pretty good out there. They need to protect Jones better they need to get Toney involved in the offense.  

Given how bad the offense has been, the defense is holding up pretty well, I'll give them half credit the other half is the Titan's QB kinds of suck and has been making bad throws.