GDT!!!! Gmen vs. Titans @ 4:25 pm EST

Giants4eva

My thoughts on yesterdays game.. 

1- How?... How in the world did we win that one? thats the first thing that comes to mind. Any way u cut it, its a win. Ugly or pretty, winning is winning. 

2- Saquon well full beast mode yesterday, that man almost single-handedly won us that game. To burst up the field the way he did on multiple occasions and also grind in that 2pt conversion was a thing of beauty. He was truly playing mad and played like the Saquon we remember from year 1. 

3- I have to tip my hat to the defense. We didn't have Azeez or Kayvon and somehow someway managed to pull off a miracle victory in Tennessee's house. That has to be mentioned. It's not to say there isn't a lot of work needing to be done in the secondary or elsewhere but hats off to that group for playing their hearts out. 

4- Daniel Jones. I don't know. I still don't know. He did enough for us to win. He played as a game manager it seemed and Barkley carried us to victory in my oppinion. I think Daboll saw what way best to use Jones yesterday and it worked. Jones took a beating yesterday getting sacked 5 times and the dude was able to push his way thru it. Have to give him credit. I just am not understanding what he was thinking with that pass in the end zone to Saquon and gets an INT. Its plays like that that have plagued him since day 1 and make u scratch your head with him. Other than that.. good enough to win us a game. 

5- Daboll did a good job his first game. Loved the go for it call to win it. That will resonate more with the players than anybody. He comes away with a win but theres alot of work to do and hes aware. Gotta figure out how to get Toney more involved, gotta get this oline to regroup after a subpar showing and have to get our secondary to play tighter. Overall, tremendous job by everyone to pull out a win. 

48 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

1- How?... How in the world did we win that one? thats the first thing that comes to mind. Any way u cut it, its a win. Ugly or pretty, winning is winning. 

Yeah, I just watched the 15 minute highlights. It’s nice to steal a game where we weren’t good lol.

I'm giving a game ball to Kafka in this game. His red zone play calling was light years better than anything we've seen the past several years. We were 2 for 3 in the red zone this game, and that 1 misstep was the boneheaded DJ interception.

Also, can anyone remember the Giants scoring as easily in the red zone when they needed to as they did with that Myarick TD catch? That was beautifully set up and executed.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, minutemancl said:

I'm giving a game ball to Kafka in this game. His red zone play calling was light years better than anything we've seen the past several years. We were 2 for 3 in the red zone this game, and that 1 misstep was the boneheaded DJ interception.

Also, can anyone remember the Giants scoring as easily in the red zone when they needed to as they did with that Myarick TD catch? That was beautifully set up and executed.

The whole coaching staff deserves game balls. You all ready stated what the offense did. I was even more shocked by what Don was able to do with this defense, and of course there is Brain making the gutsy 2 point call.

On 9/12/2022 at 9:57 AM, Giants4eva said:

My thoughts on yesterdays game.. 

2- Saquon well full beast mode yesterday, that man almost single-handedly won us that game. To burst up the field the way he did on multiple occasions and also grind in that 2pt conversion was a thing of beauty. He was truly playing mad and played like the Saquon we remember from year 1. 

3- I have to tip my hat to the defense. We didn't have Azeez or Kayvon and somehow someway managed to pull off a miracle victory in Tennessee's house. That has to be mentioned. It's not to say there isn't a lot of work needing to be done in the secondary or elsewhere but hats off to that group for playing their hearts out. 

4- Daniel Jones. I don't know. I still don't know. He did enough for us to win. He played as a game manager it seemed and Barkley carried us to victory in my oppinion. I think Daboll saw what way best to use Jones yesterday and it worked. Jones took a beating yesterday getting sacked 5 times and the dude was able to push his way thru it. Have to give him credit. I just am not understanding what he was thinking with that pass in the end zone to Saquon and gets an INT. Its plays like that that have plagued him since day 1 and make u scratch your head with him. Other than that.. good enough to win us a game. 

5- Daboll did a good job his first game. Loved the go for it call to win it. That will resonate more with the players than anybody. He comes away with a win but theres alot of work to do and hes aware. Gotta figure out how to get Toney more involved, gotta get this oline to regroup after a subpar showing and have to get our secondary to play tighter. Overall, tremendous job by everyone to pull out a win. 

How? The Titans offensive coordinator was horrible. Twice on 3rd on 1, with the best powerback in the NFL they went to trick plays that costed them. Add in the muff punt and the missed field goal and Giants come away with a great win. 

1 hour ago, Go_Giants said:

How? The Titans offensive coordinator was horrible. Twice on 3rd on 1, with the best powerback in the NFL they went to trick plays that costed them. Add in the muff punt and the missed field goal and Giants come away with a great win. 

I don't understand those calls. Henry wasn't moving the ball as easily as the Titans are accustomed to (he totaled only 80-some yards), so maybe it undermined their confidence in the running game? Even so I would still trust him to pick up one yard against a rebuilding d-line.

Saquon looked amazing. There was no dancing, just smash-mouth runs all game long. It was the first time I felt like the injury monkey was truly off his back.

6 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

I don't understand those calls. Henry wasn't moving the ball as easily as the Titans are accustomed to (he totaled only 80-some yards), so maybe it undermined their confidence in the running game? Even so I would still trust him to pick up one yard against a rebuilding d-line.

Saquon looked amazing. There was no dancing, just smash-mouth runs all game long. It was the first time I felt like the injury monkey was truly off his back.

Regarding Saquon: I honestly can say I saw the same athleticism from him last year. That's why I said he wasn't physically finished at the time. There are two main factors for the difference in his performance on Sunday vs him last year.

1. The offensive line while not great, was clearly better than last year. He wasn't being hit behind the line of scrimmage on half of his carries like last year.

2. *MOST IMPORTANTLY* the chip on his shoulder is enabling him to run ANGRY. He was hitting holes with authority. He's always had the athleticism and skill. But we've never seen this level of aggression from him. Not even his rookie. It suits him well and makes him truly scary.