Start/Sit Advice Thread

EaglesPeteC

4 minutes ago, UnitedInOrgange said:

Goff, Lawrence or Minshew? 

Goff @ CAR  

Lawrence @ NYJ

Minshew @ DAL

I'm sitting Lawrence...potentially for Sam Darnold...in the playoffs. As crazy as it sounds, I simply don't know how he is playable if the  bad weather is legit. 

In this case, I'll probably go with Goff, but I think you can basically flip a coin on he and Minshew. 

Standard defense scoring. 

NYJ D vs Jaguars - Sounds like awful conditions in NY/NJ tonight with wind and rain. Jets D has been elite all year. Didn't have Q Williams last week but he'll be back tonight.

OR 

Bucs D vs Cardinals - Cardinals 3rd string QB is in. Seems like the play but the Bucs have let up 30+ points the last two weeks (although it was vs the 49ers and Bengals).

1 minute ago, The BILLievers said:

Standard defense scoring. 

NYJ D vs Jaguars - Sounds like awful conditions in NY/NJ tonight with wind and rain. Jets D has been elite all year. Didn't have Q Williams last week but he'll be back tonight.

OR 

Bucs D vs Cardinals - Cardinals 3rd string QB is in. Seems like the play but the Bucs have let up 30+ points the last two weeks (although it was vs the 49ers and Bengals).

Assuming that your league rewards turnovers / sacks and all that good jazz over Yards given up and points given up, I'd take the Bucs D. I expect the Jets / Jags to be sloppy offensively, but not in the way where a team is racking up a ton of defensive numbers. It may be a run heavy gameplan for both teams, for example. That doesn't help yoyu. 

Give me the defense that has a really good chance to rack up a ton of sacks, some turnovers, and has the better chance for the defensive score. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

Damn, I'm going to be kicking the hell out of myself to figure out what to do with my second QB spot 

Wish I had the option of a 2nd QB in a superfllex league

Fields, Stafford,  Ryan to start the season in salary cap + contracts league. 

Stafford gets hurt, trade for Garoppolo who proceeds to get hurt and now Ryan gets benched.  Picked up Wolford and then Mayfield gets claimed by LAR.

Won week 14 getting 0 points from QB.

In semifinals with only Fields as an option 

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Wish I had the option of a 2nd QB in a superfllex league

Fields, Stafford,  Ryan to start the season in salary cap + contracts league. 

Stafford gets hurt, trade for Garoppolo who proceeds to get hurt and now Ryan gets benched.  Picked up Wolford and then Mayfield gets claimed by LAR.

Won week 14 getting 0 points from QB.

In semifinals with only Fields as an option 

I'm the best team in my league by a mile and I'm probably going to lose this week because of the Taylor injury last week compounded with the lamar injury and terrible Lawrence matchup.

Right now I'm legit starting Sam Darnold over Lawrence. Considering picking up Purdy instead, though the matchup isn't great

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'm the best team in my league by a mile and I'm probably going to lose this week because of the Taylor injury last week compounded with the lamar injury and terrible Lawrence matchup.

Right now I'm legit starting Sam Darnold over Lawrence. Considering picking up Purdy instead, though the matchup isn't great

First world problems that you have an option at QB.