Start/Sit Advice Thread

EaglesPeteC

5 hours ago, indifference said:

Championship game

Terry McLaurin vs CLE or Jerry Juedy vs KC or Christian Watson vs MIN

those are my options for the FLEX.

Leaning toward Juedy because he tore KC up but its possible KC will make adjustments this second go round. MIN secondary is awful and Watson has upside to have a redeem game. Wentz went Terry has not been a good connection this year.

Jeudy may have hurt his ankle today, so I'd pay attention to that

14 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

For the championship, who do I put in at Flex (half PPR), Devonta Smith or D’Andre Swift? I feel like Smith should be the obvious answer but I keep thinking Swift is gonna go off anytime now. Leaning toward Devonta 

Smith. No interest in putting swift in for the championship. Not enough run

super flex, 0.5 PPR with TE premium of 1.0ppr

need starters QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, 1 SFLEX, 2 FLEX

options

QB:  Fields, Bridgewater (added off waivers today)
RB:  CMC, Singletary, Dillon, Foreman, Hunt
WR:  Adams, AJB, Cooper, Gallup, Chark, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Hollins
TE:  Kmet, Njoku, Waller, Moreau

Carr being benched very likely limits how many Raider pass catchers I start.  Probably need to start Bridgewater even with the tough matchup vs NE, but hope he can get some dumpoffs to Hill/Waddle and hope for YAC and a couple scores.  

I think I might sit Cooper for Bridgewater.

Thanks for the thoughts!!

12 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Cooper

Could you give your reasoning? Is it just because this game matters less than week 18? I just haven’t seen much out of Cooper with Watson and Washington has something to play for. I suppose I could also flex in Rachaad White or Romeo Doubs also. 

Cooper 

Jones 

White 

Doubs 

1 hour ago, BillSabre said:

Could you give your reasoning? Is it just because this game matters less than week 18? I just haven’t seen much out of Cooper with Watson and Washington has something to play for. I suppose I could also flex in Rachaad White or Romeo Doubs also. 

Cooper 

Jones 

White 

Doubs 

Game script mostly. And Jacksonville has nothing to play for who knows if and how long they play their starters for. 

2 hours ago, BillSabre said:

Cooper 

Jones 

White 

Doubs 

PPR? I may start White over Cooper honestly. Brady check downs like crazy 

Have 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, flex position. Have Chubb, Aaron Jones, Cam Akers, AJ Brown, Tyler Lockett, Chris Godwin, DJ Moore options to play at wr/rb/flex

Was considering going Chubb, Jones with Akers at flex (due to his recent touches going up and being effective …with DJ Moore (good matchup) and AJ Brown at WR.

Still, hard to sit Lockett who has been steady all year minus the injury and Godwin who has been Tommy Terrifics favorite target the last 8 weeks or so.

How would you play it? This is a partial PPR league.

QB I plan to play Hurts although I have his backup and Tom Brady JIC.
TE I have Kittle and plan to ride him out. He has been hot as of late and his matchup seems solid.
Defense is Philly. Not amazing but pretty steady each week.
Kicker is Gano…mostly solid.

I try to just trust the guys who got me here but the problem is those guys are coming off injury and/or the guys I havent played are starting to get hot with some back to back solid outings.

Edited by jumpgo692003

2 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Game script mostly. And Jacksonville has nothing to play for who knows if and how long they play their starters for. 

They could still technically get in with a win this week and a loss next week so I’m not sure they won’t play hard this week. 

1 hour ago, indifference said:

PPR? I may start White over Cooper honestly. Brady check downs like crazy 

White has been pretty boom or bust. Splitting time with Fournette makes it hard to start him. He needs a score to really have value. Him scoring is about 50/50 every week. 

Ok so I lost Hurts during my 1st round bye. I was able to sneak by with Rodgers to get in the big game. It’s looking like I’m starting Rodgers again in a favorable matchup vs the Vikes. I also have Davonte Adams and Tyreek Hill who both lost their starting QBs this week. I’m most concerned with Adams because Hill did we with Bridgewater earlier in the year. Now that I set the table:

Am I crazy for thinking about starting Lazard over Adams in the championship? Stacking Lazard and Rodgers in such a favorable matchup has a some allure to it. What do you think?

Also, pick 2 RBs

Kamara, Dobbins, Pacheco, McKinnon 

7 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

I'm a little nervous about the Jax thing. I have both Lawrence and ETN. I can't do much about ETN, I have to play him, but I'm debating benching Lawrence for Purdy. Houston isn't the great matchup for QBs that people would think (5th best against QBs, I believe) and Purdy gets a Raiders team that has checked out and is bad anyway. I think 200 yards + 2TD is basically a lock there, so that is a perfectly good result. 

That also mitigates some of the risk should Pederson just be like, "okay, you guys have been good...I'm pulling you". I could probably withstand getting a short game from one...don't think I could from both.