Start/Sit Advice Thread

EaglesPeteC

.5 PPR and i need to start two of the three.   I currently have Ken Walker and Waddle starting but have Akers on my bench.  I am strongly considering starting Akers over Waddle due to Bridgwater starting.  Walker is facing a tough Jets D that is strong against the run.  What are your thoughts on which two to start? 

On 12/30/2022 at 3:19 PM, Frankie2Gunz said:

.5 PPR and i need to start two of the three.   I currently have Ken Walker and Waddle starting but have Akers on my bench.  I am strongly considering starting Akers over Waddle due to Bridgwater starting.  Walker is facing a tough Jets D that is strong against the run.  What are your thoughts on which two to start? 

I don't hate the idea of starting Akers over Walker all things considered. I think I'd probably just trust Waddle if only because I don't know how much of a downgrade Teddy is and the Pats secondary is beat up. Waddle can very easily just have a good game on a single play. 

I am worried about Walker against that defense though. 

25 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't hate the idea of starting Akers over Walker all things considered. I think I'd probably just trust Waddle if only because I don't know how much of a downgrade Teddy is and the Pats secondary is beat up. Waddle can very easily just have a good game on a single play. 

I am worried about Walker against that defense though. 

I agree and am strongly considering starting Akers over Walker although the volume should be there for both.   Akers has been running well and the Rams O has been moving the ball the last few games while Walker hasn't done much since his ankle injury. 

If I was to bench Waddle and he goes off I'd kick myself, he has also shown that he can have big games with limited targets.  

16 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Which 2 would you start? 1 pt ppr and .5 per carry.

Cam Akers@LAC

AJ Dillon VS MN

David Montgomery@DET

Ken Walker VS NYJ

Tyler allgeier VS ARZ

Kind of leaning Akers and allgeier here, NGL. 

Keep second guessing myself here, so I'll throw it out to this thread. 2 flex spots to fill, PPR, 1 point TEP

Monty @ Det

Lockett v NYJ (starting DK at WR2)

Sutton @ KC (Rypien 🤢)

Josh Reynolds v Chi

Hunter Henry v Miami

Which 1 of these 5 WR's would you bench?

Waddle (w/Teddy at QB)
DeVonta 
G Wilson (w/gimpy Mike White?)
McLaurin (w/Wentz at QB)
Evans (Hasn't done crap, but good matchup)

Right now I'm flopping between Evans and McLaurin (I'd start McLaurin if Heinicke was QB)

Edited by Jeezla

19 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Tough slate of QBs for my squad in finals.

do I roll with:

Mac Jones v Mia

Teddy Bridgewater @ NE

mike white @ seattle

I'd go Mike White if I was confident he makes it through the game, despite the toughest matchup. Not sure how healed those ribs are though. I wish Teddy knew how to use Waddle instead of just tunnel visioning Tyreek. There's no great answer here.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I'd go Mike White if I was confident he makes it through the game, despite the toughest matchup. Not sure how healed those ribs are though. I wish Teddy knew how to use Waddle instead of just tunnel visioning Tyreek. There's no great answer here.

Agreed. My team is basically the blue tent bombers this year so let’s see if my living on a prayer is at an end. Went Mike white 

On 12/30/2022 at 2:00 PM, Forge said:

I'm a little nervous about the Jax thing. I have both Lawrence and ETN. I can't do much about ETN, I have to play him, but I'm debating benching Lawrence for Purdy. Houston isn't the great matchup for QBs that people would think (5th best against QBs, I believe) and Purdy gets a Raiders team that has checked out and is bad anyway. I think 200 yards + 2TD is basically a lock there, so that is a perfectly good result. 

That also mitigates some of the risk should Pederson just be like, "okay, you guys have been good...I'm pulling you". I could probably withstand getting a short game from one...don't think I could from both. 

Sigh. 

Should have trusted myself here

On 1/1/2023 at 10:34 AM, adamq said:

Keep second guessing myself here, so I'll throw it out to this thread. 2 flex spots to fill, PPR, 1 point TEP

Monty @ Det

Lockett v NYJ (starting DK at WR2)

Sutton @ KC (Rypien 🤢)

Josh Reynolds v Chi

Hunter Henry v Miami

Got less than 20 points from Monty, dk, Lockett, dalvin cook combined.

BUT

Brady, Aiyuk, Lamb all combined for 100 FOR THE TITLE

My team name? Goats, Lambs, and AiYaks. Meant to be 🥲